Most Recent Platinum

Muff

# 11: Alice: Madness Returns - Platinum For All Other Trophies

Oh, this is a meaningful one. Through the course of this month I seem to be drawn to worlds I left long ago and haven't visited since my childhood have ended. American McGee's Alice is a very important game to me, a collection of creepy memories and dead faded colors, a journey into the broken mind of a little girl, who sits on the asylum bed, blindly staring into the night, her worn toy rabbit clutched in hands.
Twenty days ago I've returned to the Wonderland. All is familliar, yet all is different. Alice is much more responsive now; gone are the wonky movements and awkward single jumps, replaced by the glorious quadruple(!) jump with the double floating, that gives absolutely crazy freedom of traversing the locations. Now not you are in the enemies' mercy, but they are in yours - when you master the battle system, they don't have a chance. The Wonderland is colorful and detailed now, but colors only fuel madness - everything is much more grim now. Story is more complex, locations are more imaginative, music, though mostly ambient now, gives everything life - and when it decides to make itself known, those moments are priceless.  
I'm glad I've returned. I didn't want to leave. Will Otherlands welcome me? Will I ever stand behind Alice again? 
Wonderland, though damaged, is safe in memory... for now. Too bad EA has the key...

That was beautiful. I mean it.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif