Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: #180 Rise of The Kasai

rise_of_kasai.png

I've had a longterm goal to be first to platinum a game and I think I finally managed to do it. This game is a sequel to The Mark of Kri. It was originally only released in NA and completely slipped past my radar because of this reason. Now it was released as a Playstation 2 classic and of course I wanted to give this game a go. Unfortunately it's a bit of a dissappointment. The Mark of Kri is a solid adventure game. for a game released in 2002 I can deffinately forgive it's flaws, BUT. Rise of The Kasai doesn't do much to fix the last games issues or better the gameplay. Game mechanics are exactly the same, but this time you are working with an A.I. partner. Which makes the game pretty bad. The A.I. is deadretardstupid. It's mainly there to steal your kills, fuck up your challenges and annoy you. The A.I. ally can also die. It was very annoying at times, but gladly this game allows cheat codes so the invicibility cheat removes this issue.

One of the main complaints about The Mark of Kri has always been that it's too short. Well, Rise of The Kasai is longer, but it doesn't make the game better. Most of the levels are switch pulling simulators where you have to find a bunch of switches to open a bunch of doors. It gets old really fast. Also this game seems to have a lot more enemies. The challenge system is back, I dont know if it's better or worse. Better in a way that you can now complete one challenge and return to the arenas and levels to complete the rest. In The Mark of Kri arenas you had to complete all challenges in one go, not sure about the story levels. Some of them are a pain in the ass. There's this challenge where you have to drop a stock of barrels to a total of 5 enemies. There is only 2 stacks of barrels in the entire level. Getting this challenge done was hell and took me like 2 hours to complete. The hitbox for the barrels is awful. Sometimes it kills the A.I. ally, sometimes it only kills one enemy even though it looks like a bunch of them are close enough to get hit. The biggest problem in this challenge is luring the enemy below the stack of barrels. The A.I. just doesn't want to go under it. In the first you might be lucky to get 3 kills, but it the 2nd stack of barrels it's really hard to kill 2. In the last story level there's a challenge to do all combos with 2 weapons. The problem is this level doesn't have too many enemies. I had to turn the strong enemies cheat to be able to complete this challenge because the A.I. partner was stealing all the kills... Yawn! This game had a lot of potential, but few thing ruin the experience. It came out the same year as God of War and needed to be a lot better to stand on the same line with that game, but no can do! :blah:

The work is not over yet. I'm gonna start writing the trophy guide next. :ninja:

Finally I see someone playing it! it might be because it was originally a North America exclusive so it's not that known, it also seems that it didn't had much sales until now on the European Store because of that. But anyways I'm glad that is now available worldwide for everyone to enjoy it.

• Like 3

#55 call of duty modern warfair 2
I'm not really going to talk about this game like I normally would. I mean come on it's a call of duty game we all know what that's like. Anyways I was playing online then I joined a hacked lobby I was afk then when I came back I saw a tropthy pop I left the lobby as fast as I could but it was to late. Already the spc ops tropthys poped all I had left was the intel tropthy so I decided to go and do it and got my 55th platinum

Edited by pl0000pl
  • Like 2

#79 - Hitman GO: Definitive Edition - Played on PSVita (14th plat of 2016)

I liked this game.  Some levels are very challenging but due to number of video guides out there its very easy to progress if you get stuck.  Fun game and easy platinum when using a guide but I'd recommend only doing that if you get stuck.

Enjoyment 6/10 Difficultly 1/10 (with guide)

• Like 4