Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Table Top Racing: Dubstep Tour

1L3fcf24.png

:platinum: TTR Legend!

Face it, I have already come up with a better name for this game then the developers did. How is 4 variations of 4 different tracks a "World Tour" and these are table tops your racing on nonetheless. At the very least, call it something accurate like Table Top Racing: Next Generation or TTR 2. I felt like Dubstep Tour was fitting though because

Ho-

ly

shit

There was too much dubstep for me to handle. It would've been okay if it was fitting like it was in the WipEout games but wow the more I listened to it the more I wanted to go jump off a cliff. It would've been cool if the developers had just owned up to how much they overloaded this game with dubstep by adding an epic announcer voice, much much more action and MLG and stoner jokes but there were none so it's just out of place.

Okay, enough dubstep; The actual game is okay. It's not a very deep racer (and far much easier than the original TTR) The visuals and lighting effects were okay and at the very least they fixed the rubberband AI that would obtain speeds even they couldn't handle that was in the original TTR. Still, It's not a very good game; it's just a racing game that doesn't do anything special to really go above and beyond (besides the dubstep) what so many other racers have already accomplished.

aUFtie5.jpg

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 7.8/10 (-too much dubstep)

• Like 4

1Laf541e.png

184-Star Ocean: The Last Hope

I have platinumed some long and tough games, like Mega Mind and Rio, but nothing could prepare me for the endless Ocean of Stars that is this platinum. Why would I Platinum this game? Well because Dragon made a stupid joke a year ago and sent us on this fools quest...I mean Precision have you even started the game yet :shakefist:

Was this game good?

Yes

Was this platinum fun?

:hmm: ... <_< ... :| ... :(

THE GOOD

As I mentioned this game was really well done. The gameplay was fast and exciting, the characters (minus a few which we will talk about later) are great and colourful, the Story was generic but well told and the battle customization meant you could play the game your way and experiment to see what worked well for you.

The game offered a challenge but never felt unfair. If you were having trouble you could use the Synth machine and get yourself better gear or maybe you could change up your attack patterns/battle config to give yourself an edge.

The music was amazing, the graphics were stunning and all in all it was a good RPG that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good RPG...now if you are looking for a fun Plat...keep reading.

The Bad

Before I get to the plat let me talk about some of the stuff in the game that pissed me off.

Sarah...just Sarah. Wdjat warned me about her but I was not ready for that. Seriously the first time you meet her I thought she was just pretending to be kidnapped as she was like 'Oh my, I have been kidnapped...who could possibly save me from these bad guys" (said in the most bland and bored voice ever). I soon realized THAT WAS HER FUCKING CHARACTER...sorry...she is just really annoying. The thing is she is your best healer so you have to have her in your party. Pretty soon "Angel Feathers" and "Resurrection" will sound like a cat being strangled to you.

Other characters that can fuck right off...kay? Lymle. I don't know is she supposed to be 8 or what but she gets really creepy with the older men in this game and that voice (you know the one that sounds like she had a lobotomy) really gets to you...kay? Also Nappy Time is just uncomfortable to watch.

Emo Edge. If you played the game you know what I am talking about. After a certain part of the game Edge (your main character) starts listening to My Chemical Romance and watching the Crow all the damn time. Seriously this is your main protagonist but you have to listen to him whining like an insufferable child for a good chunk of gameplay.

Also there are some gameplay problems that I have to get off my chest as well.

Why would your character target the enemy across the screen instead of the Giant Boss Monster that is right in front of him? I would run in a circle around a boss trying to get my character to lock onto it so I could continue my assault.

Who thought that the end sequence needed to be non-skippable? I mean every other cut scene in the game is skippable but not the one that is 4 hours long? I mean the worst part is there actually is 1 part in the end cutscene that is skippable so they let you skip part of it but not the whole thing? I am not joking about the length either. I was able to beat the boss, leave my apartment and walk to 7-11 (4 blocks away) buy a drink, walk back and the cut scene still had not finished. You have to beat the game at least 3 times to get the plat and more if you do a Faize Run AND have to attempt the Battle Trophy for beating him with Sarah if you failed the first time. I mean I saw that stupid 10 hour cut scene no less than a dozen times because YOU CAN'T SKIP IT.

Well let us finally get to the Platinum... :angry:

THE UGLY

Let us get the ball rolling with 900 battle trophies.

If you are not familiar with these they are special things you have to do in the game. Kill X amount of enemies, beat a boss in a certain time, do exact damage etc. The thing is while the Battle Trophies carry over from save to save...the stats don't. So defeat 30000 enemies with Edge doesn't mean you have to kill 30,000 enemies across 4 playthroughs NOPE you have to do it in 1 playthrough. So despite the game forcing you to play the game at least 3 times (more if you do a Faize playthrough) you can't use those playthroughs to work on the 30,000 kills (for both Edge and Arumat). ALSO you have to be controlling the character for the kill to count. So you can't even work on a different BT at the same time because Edge has to land the kill. The thing is there are also BTs for getting 255 of a certain type of item from battle. There are 8 of these (one for each character except Faize) but you have to control that character at the end of the battle so you can't work on your kill trophies here because you have to make sure that the character that needs the Drop trophy is in your control.

That would all be fine if that was the way it was for all BTs BUT there are BTs that don't force you to be in control of the character to earn. So why do some count but not others?

ALSO there are NO TRACKING FOR ANY OF THE BTS. Are you at 16,000? 17,000? 27,000 kills? I don't know, just keeping killing Bats and Bees until it unlocks I guess. You have no way of knowing anything unless you have pads of paper lying around where you tick off your kills or drops. Would it have been so hard to have a stats page? No tracking also means you have no idea what quests you have done or what items you have synthed. You better have several Word Docs opened to make sure you are keeping track of everything because the game won't tell you what is left to do.

Speaking of Quests the guide was wrong TWICE. Meaning I had to do the Quest trophy 3 times because the guide writer forgot to mention some missable stuff :(

What about Coliseum battles? You have to do 200 battles with each character. You also have to do the Team battles to get to the top to fight Ashlay. Why can't some of those battles count towards the 200 with each character...Fuck You...that's why. Also there is a ridiculous amount of text after each battle so you have to go through the same cut-scene 1800 times for just the Solo trophies and another 50 or so times for the Team battles.

There are Exact Damage trophies that require such precise stats to unlock you need a guide to get you there, timed battle trophies that require you to have a stop watch so you can beat a battle in the exact time, other timed battle trophies that require you to beat the hardest bosses with the worst characters in a time limit EXCEPT you don't know how much health the boss has, you have to land the killing blow with the bad character and if you fail...the final dungeon takes 4 hours to complete so you better start climbing again :(

There are trophies that make you win the bunny race 100 times...it doesn't get harder...it is just makes you run the course 100 times because once again 'Fuck You' I guess.

There are random item drops, random treasure chests, random enemy encounters, random random random random random....Why So Random :(

CONCLUSION

Thank you Dragon for putting on the Epic Quest. It really gave life to this long and tiring platinum.

Thank you Wdjat for originally doing the Resistance 2 vs Star Ocean 4 Plat Race...knowing what I do now, I feel bad for winning that race ^_^

Thank you Dav9834 for making the rewards for all of us that finished this thing

Thank you Balls, Choco, Masamune, Stalker, Final, STFU, Nevet, Boooda and all the rest that provided funny replies to my statuses and encouragement along the way.

fdbtk7.jpg

I was shocked when this finally unlocked :)

That was a fun read :lol:. Congrats again on the plat :yay:. Now I'm waiting for the post in the SO4 so I know what to put in the Hall of Fame.

• Like 2

That was a fun read :lol:. Congrats again on the plat :yay:. Now I'm waiting for the post in the SO4 so I know what to put in the Hall of Fame.

Oh right! I should start warming the oven up with a bit of secret dragons breath to melt the platinum for the custom trophy!

• Like 1