Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum 92

PS4 Platinum 8

1Lfa9510.png

Snoopy's Grand Adventure (PS4)

I'm normally not one for kids games, as this is my first "kiddie game" Plat. Still, my inner child screamed Snoopy and I obeyed.

That said, my skill at platform games (which most kids games fall into) is minimal at best. Typically a case of falling into a pit... 3 times in a row. Thankfully, this game has no pits and is relatively easy in most aspects. Still, going back with unlocked costumes to collect jellybeans and beagle scouts took longer than expected. Also, 2 controllers are required for Platinum as only Controller 2 can activate a "Woodstock Trigger", which is a requirement for a trophy.

Still, it was a nice break from the usual. I must admit that seeing all the bonus background objects unlocked after all the beagle scouts and jellybeans were collected (ex. Lucy's 5-cent psychiatrist booth) was a nice touch.

This also makes 20 Platinums in a single year for me, matching all of last year. Last year was my best year ever for Platinum -- until now!

• Like 3

:platinum: 111

1L1fe6b5.png

NBA 2K16

I should have had this a month ago, but I overlooked a card.  Oh well.  I'm very glad I got this over with.  This is more or less the same platinum wise from last year.  The only thing is that there's more of an emphasis on online stuff trophy wise.  The game is much more easier on the wallet, too.  I look forward to NBA 2K17.

I always see you getting these NBA2K platinums. It's super impressive. What makes them so hard for the average joe? So few get those platinums. 

I always see you getting these NBA2K platinums. It's super impressive. What makes them so hard for the average joe? So few get those platinums. 

First, all of the 2K games have taken me at least 125 hours to complete.  The PS4 games have easily doubled that amount for me.  Second, you actually have to be good at the game, in order to counter the BS all other bums do online.  You have to win x-amount of games in ranked matches, and it's difficult, if not impossible, to boost.  Most people that have the 2K platinum trophies are familiar with the 2K series already.  Lastly, you're going to have to put a little bit of money in MyTeam.  I don't know if you're familiar with Madden Ultimate Team or FIFA Ultimate Team, but MyTeam is the basketball version of those modes in those respective games, where you build your own fantasy team.  Thankfully, 2K16 was much more lenient in this mode trophy wise.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

#46 - Gemini: Heroes Reborn

1L1de6fb.png

gemini_heroesreborn_260jec.png

For a game based on a series, it's surprisingly fun. It's short enough to not get boring (Plat it in 5 hours), and throwing shit at enemies was pretty fun.

It was worth the price that it was on the Superhero sale

• Like 4