Most Recent Platinum

Muff

40-platinum.png #46

Lb7313e.png

1L3dde90.png

What a really fun game. There are times when it certainly got tedious, especially having no automatic skip except for dialogue that you've already read. It's absolutely outrageous. British gamers should probably avoid this one, it might offend you from just how wacky it is. It's also really difficult to ignore the opening text "This game is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual characters, locations, or names is entirely coincidental." as 'coincidental'. Herlock Sholmes [who is a detective]? Van Helsing [who is known as the human weapon and for winning the vampire war]? Queen Elizabeth (and the portrayal of her is just... oh man.). There are several examples, but needless to say... it's not entirely coincidental. I will give it this, the game does one thing better than Steins;Gate, and that's the amount of depth they go into with how different each characters routes are for chapters 9 through 13. They're absolute polar opposites from each other. They aren't lazily done either, there's plenty of extra story to be had. Shame I was skipping through it all, because I was becoming impatient. But even still, SPAMMING the X button to progress the story still took a shit load of time. If you don't skip it, these characters extra routes will take HOUUUUUUURS. I do believe that's a good thing though.

Why did you spam the X button? I'm pretty sure you could have skipped with the square or the O button. Can't remember which one.

Why did you spam the X button? I'm pretty sure you could have skipped with the square or the O button. Can't remember which one.

You can with square, but like I said in the post, that's only for dialogue you already experienced. It's useless when you're in Chapters 9-13 of a new character route.

platinum #117 Skylanders Giants

completed in 4 days and 16 hours

average completion 36%

platinum rarity 7.05% very rare

MVP skylander: Trigger happy (came in for me on final boss with high damage)

took 4 whole days to complete the game, i planned to start xmen destiny after indie which is planned to be strong bads cool game for attractive people (2 out of 5 episodes). but wild arms 3 seems to be the next target. (the RPG itch is here again).

• Like 1

40-platinum.png #46

Lb7313e.png

1L3dde90.png

What a really fun game. There are times when it certainly got tedious, especially having no automatic skip except for dialogue that you've already read. It's absolutely outrageous. British gamers should probably avoid this one, it might offend you from just how wacky it is. It's also really difficult to ignore the opening text "This game is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual characters, locations, or names is entirely coincidental." as 'coincidental'. Herlock Sholmes [who is a detective]? Van Helsing [who is known as the human weapon and for winning the vampire war]? Queen Elizabeth (and the portrayal of her is just... oh man.). There are several examples, but needless to say... it's not entirely coincidental. I will give it this, the game does one thing better than Steins;Gate, and that's the amount of depth they go into with how different each characters routes are for chapters 9 through 13. They're absolute polar opposites from each other. They aren't lazily done either, there's plenty of extra story to be had. Shame I was skipping through it all, because I was becoming impatient. But even still, SPAMMING the X button to progress the story still took a shit load of time. If you don't skip it, these characters extra routes will take HOUUUUUUURS. I do believe that's a good thing though.

The story is there. The characters are relatively enjoyable. The fan service is... well... after going through two of the characters extra scenes, I realized very quickly that this game might be intended for female otaku's, but hey, gimme dem sexy doods. 

Highly recommend this game if you want something completely bonkers. And an easy platinum, I guess.

I don't condone this but the default skip settings are set to "skip read only" and you can change it to "skip all". Useful for scenes that are technically different but aren't really (like in Norn9) or to skip routes of boys that don't interest you.

#115 - Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

1L3dde90.png

:platinum: C : R Master

Not my first visual novel but it is certainly my first ever otome game and platinum. On the surface it sounds stupid: A game almost entirely reading with only little player input where the ultimate goal is to find love among... men? wth I wanted to find love with teh anime chicks with teh huge tits! Get back to the fanservice mill Japan! It is surprisingly really and I mean really good. You are a girl who wakes up in the middle of a banished Mansion who can only remember bits and pieces of her past and her family. She is cursed by a strange gem embedded into her chest that makes her skin and blood corrosively poisonous. Anything that comes into contact with her whether it be human flesh or titanium melts away. This curse has caused her to be called a monster and even gets the attention of the British royal guard to kidnap her. The future grooms to be aren't introduced until a man steals her away from the British guard and takes her to London with an engineer.

You have several anime archetypes of characters to choose as your groom. You've got the bold and courageous one (Lupin), the stupid one (Impey), The mostly reserved yet also smart and well mannered character that opens himself up later (Saint-Germain), The nerd (Victor), and the badass (Van Helsing). The game however teaches you to overcome these characters archetypes by giving you reasons why they have become and act as the characters they are. The game also really goes in depth with a main plot that focuses on all characters and doesn't get super mushy. Even when you get to one character's path, the others still play a role in them and are not forgotten. My only complaint is that Lupin's ending (his is considered the true ending of the game) felt a little weak for me. All I can say without spoiling anything is that it ended so suddenly.

It's definitely not my favorite visual novel but definitely one to keep your eye on (it was on sale for $12 this past flash sale) and if you want to try your first game in the otome genre then I say go for it. These games' main target audience is girls but I can safely say that as a straight male, I thoroughly enjoyed this game because it's a well written visual novel that anyone can enjoy.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

*Joke aside, I'm sure you know this kind of thing is very common in Japan as well. Maybe not as common as looking for your ideal waifu, but alas. Japan is a more open minded place than the Western world. And possibly more perverted as a result. -scratches head- 

I find it amusing someone finished it not too long after I did. Proof enough that it is a quality VN, folks. But Steins;Gate is still the upper echelon. 

Edit: This is interesting. I looked at your profile to see the time you unlocked the platinum, and...

You got it on Aug 26, 2:56AM. I got it Aug 26, 2:47AM. :P

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 2

:platinum: #60

1Lb8cc5c.png

Call of Duty Ghosts

Federated 
Earn all available Trophies for Call of Duty® Ghosts

The best part of this game is that the story was short and sweet!  :yay: All around the best COD game that I have played. The DLC's was the most challenging

aspect of the whole game. Some of the levels was a work of art and the depth of creation was fascinating, it really pulled me into the game. What was not liked was getting stuck on little easy jumps and other miscellaneous things  :facepalm: . I'll still recommend this game to any COD fan!

Thank you.

Overall 9/10

Plat 6/10 

• Like 3

:platinum: # 56 & 100% # 96

1Lc21773.png

Completionist : Split Second

Only took 5 years but with the help of my daughter I finally boosted the online trophies and closed the book on this game. Fun racing game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

LOL xD, only took 5 years. ONLY lol. what the heck? Edited by poopooblast

LOL xD, only took 5 years. ONLY lol. what the heck?

Yeah, just had the MP trophies left for the longest time. My daughter wanted to play a racing game and I remembered Split Second. I downloaded it on her PS3 and got her to help me get them done. I'm not much of an MP player and trying them legit just wasn't happening for me when I first played it... 5 years ago :P .

• Like 1