Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4) Platinum #86

I got this game because it was on sale and the game itself got a lot of good reviews. I personally didn't enjoy this game much, I felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again, the whole game is basically a grind to get new weapons and armour and you level up to get more skills. The story mode isn't really the game's strong part although the cutscenes are very visually appealing. It's an RPG made by Blizzard, the minds behind World of Warcraft and the earlier Diablo games, they definitely made something that fans of this game would enjoy, but I personally don't see any reason playing it after getting the platinum. I beat the story mode in co-op with one of my friends when I started the game and I started with a barbarian, which was a bad choice, we spent most of our time just holding the attack button to hit enemies with our weapon throw. I managed to leech my levelling up with randoms when I unlocked adventure mode, I just joined some guys who were playing Torment rifts and they levelled me up to level 70 in 20-30 minutes per character, they don't kick people because your inclusion to the lobby also increases their XP and loot drop chances, since co-op awards 10% more XP per player. I did the whole hardcore story mode playthrough and level 70 grind solo without any help because no online lobby players used their hardcore character in Torment rifts, I did it with a witch doctor and basically had a squad of dogs and one big zombie demon and the templar who did most of the fighting for me. I did around 150 of the bounties on my way to level 70 in hardcore. The longest trophy in the game is for completing 500 bounties, the bounties typically consist of a mission where you have to kill 50-100 enemies and 1 boss in an area, when I cleaned this up, I had a legendary level 70 weapon that annihilated most enemies I hit with it. I managed to achieve paragon level 811 while working on this game by playing greater rifts with randoms to get legendary equipment to drop for the "Up all night to get lucky" trophy, it took me 6 hours of legendary farming to get a level 70 legendary in each slot, after I got all legendaries I passed them to my friend to help him get the trophy as well hahaha. I also salvaged most of my weapons while I was trying to enchant every item slot and craft 100 items and it was a bit annoying. The PS4 version of this game is the only version of the game that I'll ever do, I've had enough of this game after getting the platinum once.

Pretty fair review. ARPGs aren't for everyone and the main aim of these games are really to get through the story stuff as fast as possible, then proceed to do the boring stuff repeatedly with incrementally increasing difficulty :P I kid. Exploring different build and item combinations while looking for more powerful versions of those weapons is at the core of the ARPG. Having played D3 on PC well before Reaper of Souls, and having now played it again on PS3 after earning the D3 PS4 Plat, I can say the game is far more interesting at the end game, but still, there's a point at which you find yourself solo'ing GR75+ and item upgrades become a once a week event.

For some reason the mind-numbing drudgery of ARPG's agree with me. In the two years between my PS3 dying and my purchase of a PS4, I played Path of Exile and DotA 2 on PC almost exclusively. I've got just under 3,000 hours counted in Dota 2 and 500 counted hours of Path of Exile on Steam. I also played a lot more PoE before it launched on Steam. Easily another 500 hours, perhaps more.

I have the Diablo III: RoS Plat on PS4 with legit Paragon 820 (no hacked Russian weapons). I only have 1 trophy left of vanilla Diablo III on PS3 and once I get that 5 Million gold (currently at about 4.8 mil), I will go for the DIII: RoS PS3 Plat. What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment and I love ARPGs xD

If Path of Exile was ported to PS4 I may never play another game on the platform again xD

Congrats on the Plat though. Long live Witch Doctors!

• Like 1

Originally I wanted to try to get a double whammy special #50 platinum to go with my 4000th trophy, but I doubt I'll get so many fill in trophies just to hit the necessary amount to tie them in. It would be nice, but this month has been one of my most productive trophy collecting months I've ever had.

You can try getting a some 100%s (no platinum games) out of your way, or play games up to just before getting the platinum and have a platinum fest after getting your milestone.

Edited by jaehyun1009

:platinum:#55 Saturday Morning RPG

1Ld670ce.png

Difficulty 2/10

Score 6/10

Decent game/RPG overall, even though the story is really short. but if you're going for the platinum this game will overstay its welcome.

on a side note, my hands hurt after furiously swiping the DS4 touchpad for EXP boost stickers gazillion times en route to level 50. @_@

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 3

#101 - Spy Chameleon played on PSVita (35th plat of 2016) - 19.64% RARE

I'm always on the lookout for short level challenging puzzle type games that are actually achievable and not overly frustrating.  Spy Chameleon ticks all the boxes here, its a really fun puzzler, was cheap (€5) and is ideal for the PSVita.  Highly recommended if these are the type of games you like.

Overall 8/10 enjoyment with a 3/10 for difficultly

Without giving spoilers, there are two obvious, dominant characters that lead the way, and the rest are basically just there to go through the journey while trying to not die. Two characters in particular get little screen time, and one of them is absent for a majority of the game. The second half of the game starts to loose the stability of the first half and feels a little rushed. Once you figure out what's going on, Until Dawn isn't scary.

but everything you said over there is just more references or clichés from horror movies, which is what supermassive was aiming for:

(spoilers).............:

sam and mike are basically the "horror movie heroes" who survives at the end of the movie while all the rest of their friends dies, although in 80s and 90s horror movies this mostly applies to the blonde female who doesn't have sex (just like sam) and becomes the protagonist and is the only one who survives the horror, and its called "the final girl". examples being: friday the 13th part 1, the texas chain saw massacre, halloween 1, etc

another 2 reasons of this is because, well, along with the analyst and josh they are the most well known actors so they had to have much screen time to take advantage of having got them to star on the game, and also because if everyone dies so early then the game wouldn't last even 2 hours. 

meanwhile matt and jessica get little screen time because, once again, in 80s and 90s horror movies the "black guy" and the "sexy yet dumb blonde girl who just wants sex" are the ones who always dies first, or if they survive (which is very rare) they become pointless characters with little screen time. although if you had the extended version or the digital version of the game you get a small extra chapter with matt and emily.

the game doesn't loose its stability in the second half, is just that since this is a game who is 100% about putting in it everything related to horror movies, including references, parodies, satire, etc they obviously had to include every enemy seen in horror movies: a killer, ghosts, spirits, monsters, zombies, clowns, etc... so the monster, which constantly appears through the whole game even at the beginning (the sisters are running away from it, and is the one who stalks mike and jess through the woods) although apparently some people don't notice this, had to be on this game. and so the game went from a slasher b-horror movie to a supernatural horror movie without us noticing it and while everything "made sense" and perfectly connected to the story, which is incredibly cool and well done since, once again, is a game that relies on everything based off horror movies.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 4

#209 Arcade Game Series: Friggin Galaga. OK the Friggin isn't in the actual title but I had to throw it in there because I was pumped that they put this on there. I used to love this game so when they released a platinum trophy for it, I was very excited. If you have played it before and enjoyed it then you shouldn't have too difficult of a time with it. Some of the perfect challenge trophies will require a bit of practice but it really isn't too bad.

• Like 1