Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1L6d1d56.png

Platinum 99

PS3 Platinum 65

Rugby World Cup (PS3)

10/3/2016

The Road To 100 Platinum Trophies nears its conclusion! Oh how this road has taken some interesting turns (I truly need to work on that trophy checklist I've been planning)!

I wanted a quick Plat #99 to start October and I earned this in under 36 hours. This was a considerable improvement over the Vita version, which took me 5 days to Plat. This also makes 27 Platinums on the year, smashing last year's "best ever" mark of 20 Plats and increasing a "Plat-a-Month" streak to 17 months!

The game's quality is not good, as anyone who has ever played this or any other BigBen title (Rugby 15, Handball 16) can tell you. There was a 1.02 patch that was as big as the game itself (1849MB), which I can only assume was to fix a mountain of errors... and it didn't even get them all. (Remember, you can't pause patches on PS3 so it was quite the wait with my connection. I'm just grateful for no error messages.) Unresponsive controls are your biggest problem, although the patch seems to have caught most of it... but not all. Sometimes your player will pick up the ball after winning it from the "ruck" or "scrum" and just stand there waiting to be tackled.

As for the trophy list itself, it's definitely tougher than Rugby 15. Winning the Rugby World Cup will take up most of your time but one trophy stands out... New Points Record. It will not be easy to score 127 points with a single player in just 7 games. I missed this in the first Rugby World Cup I played, so I had to do it again. Extending the clock from 10 Minute Halves to 40 Minute Halves is highly recommended to earning this trophy and avoiding a second playthrough of the tournament.

Anyway, a choice awaits me... what game will be Platinum #100? There are 2 options in my head right now... Adventures of Mana (Vita) or the PS3 (last-gen) version of WWE 2K17. Both are unusual choices... and both hold great meaning for me. Time will tell!

• Like 3

Maybe I just don't quite understand the references to the other games so I didn't really enjoy it as much.

yeah i think the game and especially the burial at sea dlc has references to the previous games, personally i would never play a sequel without having played the previous games of a certain franchise, i need to play them in order of release (in bioshock's case: 1 -> 2 -> infinite) to fully enjoy their story and world.

so i can't understand how some people prefers to ignore the previous games and just play the most recent title, i mean i can understand if you do that with games such as final fantasy, silent hill, tales of, etc... since despite some exceptions here and there the majority of them aren't related to each other and each story is pretty much self-contained but this doesn't apply to other franchises such as bioshock, resident evil, dead rising, etc since you won't notice or you won't understand some background story, character's relationships... between them.

but i mean that's just me, if some people can still enjoy playing games that way then that's fine of course.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

LEGO Marvel's Avengers [PS Vita]: Platinum #87

1L95b60d.png

Shawarma Time
Collect all other trophies

This was a lot of fun, unfortunately has some technical issues. Had the game hang while autosaving twice and lost my progress. First time I had to do half the story again. Second time was literally seconds before I would have gotten my platinum, and 100% in the game, and I had to do almost 20% of the post-game content again just to unlock all the characters again. So if you play it, make sure you backup just in case. Sucks that I went almost the entire game with zero issue and then for it to have one right before I would get my platinum... but oh well, got it now.

Open world games are always fun on Vita for me. So it's great this one has it intact. They really stepped up the handheld development with the last few LEGO releases on them. Back to Batman 3 now.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 4

yeah i think the game and especially the burial at sea dlc has references to the previous games, personally i would never play a sequel without having played the previous games of a certain franchise, i need to play them in order of release (in bioshock's case: 1 -> 2 -> infinite) to fully enjoy their story and world.

so i can't understand how some people prefers to ignore the previous games and just play the most recent title, i mean i can understand if you do that with games such as final fantasy, silent hill, tales of, etc... since despite some exceptions here and there the majority of them aren't related to each other and each story is pretty much self-contained but this doesn't apply to other franchises such as bioshock, resident evil, dead rising, etc since you won't notice or you won't understand some background story, character's relationships... between them.

but i mean that's just me, if some people can still enjoy playing games that way then that's fine of course.

I received BioShock Infinite as a ps+ freebie so that's why I skipped over the earlier installments. I actually enjoyed the main game just fine despite having never played the other games in the series. It was just the Burial at Sea DLC that had some references I couldn't follow.

Edited by STFUxDxD
  • Like 1