Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Batman Arkham Origins

Platinum: 49th

1L1dd0af.png                                                                                     

Edited by superginkidama6
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Brave New World

from

Dead Space 3

1L8bcadd.png

Difficulty : 6 / 10

Enjoyment : 7.5 / 10

My 2nd platinum of the year!  Dead Space 3 is a mixed bag overall, in my opinion. I'll start off and say I enjoyed the game and had fun, which is the most important thing.   With that said, it wasn't as enjoyable as Dead Space 1 or 2, because the horror element was just not there. However, a coop element was added so I could play with my girlfriend thru the entire thing which was nice. Since there are coop trophies, and since there's no matchmaking I can see this as a frustration for some. I'm looking forward to seeing a Dead Space 4, and hope it's created.

The horror element was there - Dead Space 3 is still a horror game with a still terrifying atomsphere - it was just simply nerfed/corrupted by the increased action element. 

No matchmaking? The game has drop in/drop out coop, tied to its SP campaign. Doesnt need "matchmaking" with that feature and an invite feature.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sinon said:

@Masamune Wonderful signature you have there. Very nice work. ^_^ If I requested a signature from you personally would you be willing to take the job? 

Thanks. ^_^ I wanted to make one of Sinon because some of my friends in the Song Vote group think Asuna is better than Sinon (can you believe that?). :P

Yeah, I don't mind, as long as I have time. Just PM me if you're interested. :wave:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mar said:

The horror element was there - Dead Space 3 is still a horror game with a still terrifying atomsphere - it was just simply nerfed/corrupted by the increased action element. 

No matchmaking? The game has drop in/drop out coop, tied to its SP campaign. Doesnt need "matchmaking" with that feature and an invite feature.

Well, we have different opinions... While a few spots were a little creepy, the overall game was just action.  I wasn't afraid to walk around the corner like the first two games. The gaming community generally agrees with this opinion, since the game underperformed sales-wise since it veered away from its roots.

And, it does need matchmaking. What happens when you get to one of the spots that requires two people in order to get all of the sidemissions / collectibles (for trophies) and you don't know anybody who owns the game?  The game forces you to pick someone from your friends list or enter an online ID to drop in / out, or just start together. There's no search, you must already know who's ready to play with you. Sure you can boost, but my point is this game makes you literally dependent on setting up a gaming session or playing with a friend ahead of time, unlike normal online trophies.

Edited by B1rvine

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Well, we have different opinions... While a few spots were a little creepy, the overall game was just action.  I wasn't afraid to walk around the corner like the first two games. The gaming community generally agrees with this opinion, since the game underperformed sales-wise since it veered away from its roots.

And, it does need matchmaking. What happens when you get to one of the spots that requires two people in order to get all of the sidemissions / collectibles (for trophies) and you don't know anybody who owns the game?  The game forces you to pick someone from your friends list or enter an online ID to drop in / out, or just start together. There's no search, you must already know who's ready to play with you. Sure you can boost, but my point is this game makes you literally dependent on setting up a gaming session or playing with a friend ahead of time, unlike normal online trophies.

By default game design, its a fact DS3 was still a horror game, and it clearly retained some horrific elements. A lot of horror games are never going to be as scary as they are if you're not using headphones nor playing at night, fyi. (Company also entirely ruin the immersion and tension.) And its definitely an exaggeration to say the overall game was action. The game just increased the action, it isnt what made up most of DS3. Youre still fighting non-humans most of the time, and I doubt you wasnt afraid to walk around the corner on a blind PT basis, because you dont know what to expect on your first PT. This game and Until Dawn the community exaggerate on not being scary. Little scary =/= not scary. DS3 wasnt as scary as the other games, we all know that, but to not call it scary at all as if it was The Last of Us (which is horrific and terrifying, but not scary) or any horror game that doesnt do its job well in the scare department, is just false.

I could have remembered the game actually does have MM, otherwise how else do you join random's games (something I did to get those trophies/colls).....

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1