Most Recent Platinum

Muff

#28 - Doom

Enjoyment: 9

Difficulty: 4 (Hurt me plenty difficulty)

Man, what a rush. I've largely gravitated away from FPS since jumping ship from Xbox 3 years ago, focusing more on action adventure and RPGs. But this was an exhilarating experience from beginning to end, with many epic battles decided with only a sliver of health and a couple of rounds remaining. As with many games the challenge subsided towards the end of the journey, but it was a no less rewarding and adrenaline pumping ride for it. Awesome game that deserves all of its plaudits.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FLaNJeY said:

#2 - Call of Duty: Black Ops III

1Lf7240e.png

Rating: 7.8/10

Difficulty: 8/10

This game. This was the first game I picked up with my PS4 and my first COD after a two-year hiatus. Then I saw the trophy list and yeah, I was a bit intimidated but I figured I could handle it. In retrospect, it wasn't as hard as I originally perceived but as far as Plats go, this one definitely asks a lot of you. I did everything solo: the Realistic playthrough, all the accolades and the no-death Veteran run. But the toughest part is completing the Combat Immersion on Realistic difficulty. I actually finished on my third attempt but for whatever reason, the game decided that I hadn't (thank you Treyarch). Obviously I didn't manage to complete it until after another twenty or so attempts and a gradual descent into insanity. It will remain my proudest Plat for quite some time I imagine.

With regards to the game, I definitely enjoyed it. The campaign is extremely dark and gritty and very very original to say the least. Definitely a strange plot but it is very unlike the usual COD formula so I found it rather refreshing. I didn't form any real connection to the characters and like many games - though the plot twists were welcome - it became a bit too convoluted. However, the narrative is very strong and the writing is very believable. Zombies isn't something I've ever been hugely involved in, though I can appreciate the unique setting and the general satisfaction you can derive from this type of game mode.There is a lot of depth to it and obviously this is expanded with all the additional maps that have been introduced via DLC. Multiplayer was my thing for many years. I used to play COD almost exclusively when MW3 and BO2 came out. Initially, I loved the multiplayer but now I think I actually loved simply playing COD multiplayer again after so long, rather than the actual game itself. I wasn't engaged as long as I was with the previous games and I eventually stopped. I definitely poured in a few days worth of playing, but the maps were terrible (in my opinion) and the pace has been completely elevated. Lots of spawn-die scenarios. In MW3, I clocked a total of 33 MOABs (25 killstreak) and 6 Nuclears in BO2 (30 killstreak). But I never managed one Nuclear in this game, simply because I couldn't adapt to the hastened tempo, ergo I was never really any good haha. I suppose you can appreciate the new movement system and the subsequent verticality that comes with it, but Call of Duty is meant to be old school boots-on-the-ground shooting for me.

Critically, this game is very decent and there is a lot of fun to be had. But the extent to which you do is heavily dependent on your play style and I don't think many COD players managed to adapt to or welcomed the direction in which Call of Duty has now gone. Now I just need to wait for the season pass to go back on sale and then I'll hit those DLC trophies to get my 100%.

I believe the immersion realistic glitch still works. Haven't tried it though.

4 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

I believe the immersion realistic glitch still works. Haven't tried it though.

I bought the game at release and at the time I believe there was a rather volatile glitch that required two controllers? Not sure if there was a new one that came after that but I couldn't find any when I played it. Irrespective, I preferred to obtain it legitimately anyway :D

8 minutes ago, FLaNJeY said:

I bought the game at release and at the time I believe there was a rather volatile glitch that required two controllers? Not sure if there was a new one that came after that but I couldn't find any when I played it. Irrespective, I preferred to obtain it legitimately anyway :D

Yeah that's the one. People use it all the time, but good on you. Realistic is a bitch just with two players, dunno how you pulled through on solo!

• Like 1

L886b68.png

1Lfeaa12.png

Platinum #127

Monster Jam: CRUSH IT!

Quite a lot of fun for a 2 hour Platinum (Just under 3 hours for me).

Very straightforward trophy list and a very relaxing Platinum trophy to earn. The majority of the trophies unlock in quick succession. It's one of those games.

It's currently on sale in the UK store but i'm not sure if it's reduced in other regions.

• Like 4