Most Recent Platinum

Muff

#66: Robinson: The Journey (VR)

1La6d266.png

Difficulty: 2/10
The game is easy. You just walk around and explore the world. The game consists of solving pretty easy puzzles, scanning animals, and finding lost communicators. Some of the difficulty comes from the controls. It would have been better if we could use the Move controllers instead of the regular one. Climbing can be a pain in the ass at times because the controls don't respond to what you want to do. This can add some unnecessary difficulty to the game. There are moments with raptors which wasn't a total walk in the park. It was pretty intimidating. In terms of the platinum, it's really not that hard to get all the trophies. It shows you your progress in the menu and you can clean up and collect everything after the game if you missed anything. 

Enjoyment: 8/10
It's not the funnest game, but it definitely delivers on letting you discover a brand new world in VR. Some moments like seeing the long neck dinosaurs was absolutely breath taking. This is a must get if you have the VR. Sneaking past raptors and encountering a T-Rex face to face was absolutely nerve wracking. This game is basically a walking and climbing simulator in a dinosaur world. This game is worth it just for the visuals alone. 

• Like 4

Killing floor 2.PNG

This was my first killing floor game and although it is extremely repetitive, I did enjoy the gameplay and multiplayer aspect. Leveling up is very slow and a great deal of strategy is needed to win a match on hell on earth difficulty. It is not a hard platinum at all.:)

• Like 3

#235 Skyrim for PlayStation 4. Towards the end, I really had to force myself to finish this. Like any of the Bethesda games, they start out great but then get very boring and repetitive. I am still trying to force myself to finish the last couple trophies for the PS3 version so it will be 100% but I think I just got burnt out playing too much for too long.

• Like 2

:platinum: #87: The Last Guardian

YES! Always something to stuck: a missing hint, a spear or a cheap death. It took me 5 whole playthroughs to get the plat. At least after all these plays the speedrun was easy for me and did it first try without problems.

Anyway, trophies aside The Last Guardian is a pure masterpiece and my favourite game of 2016.

• Like 3

:platinum: #29: J-Stars Victory VS+ (PS3)

J-STARS Victory VS+

1L617ec9.png

I liked this game at the beginning, until I finish it and I went for the platinum, and became bored and tired to see almost the same fight over and over again. The first time you play the game and complete it once, you are more than satisfied with everything that offer, but then there is the fact that if you go for the platinum you will have to complete the game 4 times, and do the battles for that thing called "Road to Victory". After completing the 4 times I could not longer play the game, and then I suffered with all the battles I needed in order to finish the Road to Victory mode. I don't know who was the idea that every time you complete a path of a stage in this mode, you have to repeat the scenario 2 more times to finish some leftover battles, and having to repeat battles that you complete it before to complete them all. It would have been better if the first time you completed it you could do the battles that were missing immediately instead of having to do it all over again.

Speaking of the fights and its roster, it is varied and you have many characters with some that are only supportive, but they all have the same control scheme and each button give a different attacks, but very similar to each other, like in Smash. But there are characters that are broken and that make one can hardly move in the battlefield. I also don't like the fact that the one that is destroying his opponent obtains a power that is too overpowered and with which the enemy is totally destroyed, since it makes the fight somewhat unfair. Another thing is that if you play alone almost always you have a AI partner that from time to time doesn't help at all and the enemy destroy you for being two against one.

I don't know if I would recommend this game a lot, most of the fun is in the first time you complete it and then it becomes repetitive. I'm not saying it's a bad game, It had several good things like auto combos or that most of the characters had movement faithful to their respective manga. But, I don't know, the game didn't appeal to me a lot, but a lot of people might get attracted more than I do and enjoy it more than I could. I think that what I liked the most was the questions that were asked before some battles of some of the Jump series, since they served me to remember moments of them.

Edited by sebacarcamo
  • Like 2