2017 Goals Update:

2/12 Platinums for the Year

3,234/4,000 total trophies

#33 Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves

Image result for Master Thief trophy sly cooper 3

Difficulty 2.5/10

Fun: 9/10

Recommend: YES

I don't think I actually beat this game on the PS2 so earning the platinum for the game was my bittersweet revenge from back when I was a kid playing this. Honestly though, this game still holds up well compared to other games and has really stood the test of time. It'll be interesting to see if Jak II and Jak III have aged this well later this year as they are both currently sitting in the backlog. Anyone who hasn't played these games ever need to give them a try. It's a fun mix of stealth, platforming, and a bunch of fun little minigames.

They definitely have. Never have or had any issue coming back to these games, last and current generation. The graphics are too crisp, the controls are still tight, the guns still feel good (only issue with them is the lack of aiming, but for what it is, it doesnt feel outdated), music still sounds modern, the story-telling still holds up extremely well, the animation and sound effects are still good (destroying things, shooting a gun, entering a vehicle, crashing, etc) etc. The games can compare to a lot of built from PS3-arti ps3 games, which is sad. Like.. Uncharted 1 feels more outdated, even the remastered version, and a few other games like Dead Space 1, Beyond Good & Evil, etc. Jak has a style that makes it feel ageless, except the 1st game, though the first game is ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mar said:

They definitely have. Never have or had any issue coming back to these games, last and current generation. The graphics are too crisp, the controls are still tight, the guns still feel good (only issue with them is the lack of aiming, but for what it is, it doesnt feel outdated), music still sounds modern, the story-telling still holds up extremely well, the animation and sound effects are still good (destroying things, shooting a gun, entering a vehicle, crashing, etc) etc. The games can compare to a lot of built from PS3-arti ps3 games, which is sad. Like.. Uncharted 1 feels more outdated, even the remastered version, and a few other games like Dead Space 1, Beyond Good & Evil, etc. Jak has a style that makes it feel ageless, except the 1st game, though the first game is ok.

I finished U4 and went back to the original one for the PS3 for the trophies this time around (just started yesterday actually, haha). I think it's easy to see it's age because the sequels improved so much in terms of realism. Jak, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank etc. Doesn't age as badly because it always has it's charm IMO.

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I finished U4 and went back to the original one for the PS3 for the trophies this time around (just started yesterday actually, haha). I think it's easy to see it's age because the sequels improved so much in terms of realism. Jak, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank etc. Doesn't age as badly because it always has it's charm IMO.

There was a three year gap between Jak 3  and Uncharted 1. Many of the characters, especially Drake and Elena, felt in ways cartoony. With the later installments the characters had aged, there were more serious situations and outcomes that had to be met, and the franchise felt it was being geared to older audiences.

Plus with a nine year gap between Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 4, there was bound to be times changing, and the core audience grew older. Just look at 1998 and 2007. Back in 1998 you had Crash Bandicoot 2, which in many ways felt like the cartoons you grew up with in the early 1990s. In 2007 Naughty Dog comes out with Uncharted 1, and that was a huge leap forward in terms of not only graphics but also the substance and appreciation of how far video games have come.

Crash Bandicoot was comparable to Mario and Sonic. Now 20 years later Naughty Dog is developing The Last of Us 2. Nintendo, for the most part, has been the same in my opinion, and I find that to be a bit of a bad thing. I used to love Nintendo. I find that they're still trying to appeal to kids, and most of us who were kids 20 - 30 years ago have moved on.

52 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

Severed. I wish more developers would make solid Vita exclusive titles.

I wonder why they don't. Surely having a game on the Vita means that it would get noticed more and possibly charge more than it being on Steam or mobile, where I assume it would get lost in the thousand of games for sale.

15 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I wonder why they don't. Surely having a game on the Vita means that it would get noticed more and possibly charge more than it being on Steam or mobile, where I assume it would get lost in the thousand of games for sale.

Because Vita is a console for piracy.

26 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yup, I totally agree with this. Not to mention the fact that these mobile gamers moan and complain whenever developers try to charge for their game on that platform. I remember reading about how that Mario runner game got tons of 1-star reviews because of that. There may not be many Vita owners out there, but at least we actually buy games. There's an insane attach rate on the Vita and Drinkbox knew that very well when they developed Severed. It may have come to mobile later, but they knew which side their bread was buttered on, which is why it was developed as a Vita game first and foremost. I applaud them for doing so.

7 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Because Vita is a console for piracy.

And where is your evidence to back this up? :P Piracy was rife on PSP, but as far as I know, very little of that happens on Vita. I was under the impression it was very hard to pirate games on that system thanks to the proprietary memory cards, among other things.  They went great lengths to make sure they didn't have another PSP situation. I'd argue you'd see way more piracy on mobile or 3DS than you would on Vita.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yup, I totally agree with this. Not to mention the fact that these mobile gamers moan and complain whenever developers try to charge for their game on that platform. I remember reading about how that Mario runner game got tons of 1-star reviews because of that. There may not be many Vita owners out there, but at least we actually buy games. There's an insane attach rate on the Vita and Drinkbox knew that very well when they developed Severed. It may have come to mobile later, but they knew which side their bread was buttered on, which is why it was developed as a Vita game first and foremost. I applaud them for doing so.

And where is your evidence to back this up? :P Piracy was rife on PSP, but as far as I know, very little of that happens on Vita. I was under the impression it was very hard to pirate games on that system thanks to the proprietary memory cards, among other things.  They went great lengths to make sure they didn't have another PSP situation. I'd argue you'd see way more piracy on mobile or 3DS than you would on Vita.

http://vitapiracy.com/

there ya go.

Sure, you can't pirate if you're on 3.61+, but most people stay on 3.60 or lower because of Henkaku/Vitamin, but piracy's been big on Vita for nearly a year now. Where you've been?

4 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

http://vitapiracy.com/

there ya go.

Sure, you can't pirate if you're on 3.61+, but most people stay on 3.60 or lower because of Henkaku/Vitamin, but piracy's been big on Vita for nearly a year now. Where you've been?

I never said it didn't exist, but the way you phrased it, you made it sound like piracy is rampant on Vita. It's not. I'd like to see you prove otherwise, you know, with actual evidence.

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I never said it didn't exist, but the way you phrased it, you made it sound like piracy is rampant on Vita. It's not. I'd like to see you prove otherwise, you know, with actual evidence.

I don't know what 'evidence' you're wanting. It's the reason people buy sealed Vita these days, to cheat out the developers. 

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

There was a three year gap between Jak 3  and Uncharted 1. Many of the characters, especially Drake and Elena, felt in ways cartoony. With the later installments the characters had aged, there were more serious situations and outcomes that had to be met, and the franchise felt it was being geared to older audiences.

Plus with a nine year gap between Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 4, there was bound to be times changing, and the core audience grew older. Just look at 1998 and 2007. Back in 1998 you had Crash Bandicoot 2, which in many ways felt like the cartoons you grew up with in the early 1990s. In 2007 Naughty Dog comes out with Uncharted 1, and that was a huge leap forward in terms of not only graphics but also the substance and appreciation of how far video games have come.

Crash Bandicoot was comparable to Mario and Sonic. Now 20 years later Naughty Dog is developing The Last of Us 2. Nintendo, for the most part, has been the same in my opinion, and I find that to be a bit of a bad thing. I used to love Nintendo. I find that they're still trying to appeal to kids, and most of us who were kids 20 - 30 years ago have moved on.

Regardless, Uncharted 1 feels outdated as hell. The first Jak game doesnt even feel that outdated. U2 just felt like U1.5 with better graphics and story. The realism didnt kick in into U3, where graphics, animation, controls, gameplay, and the true storytelling evolved greatly. U4 is where it took it to the actual next level, which is all due to TLOU, though ND managing to make Nate's character feel less strict, unlike the trilogy, was very impressive, as Jak was there only IP with the smoothest controls. His control is almost as good as Delsin's and most chars from openworld games. Hmm.. wouldn't be surprised if this has come from U4 being more open leveled.

1 hour ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

I don't know what 'evidence' you're wanting. It's the reason people buy sealed Vita these days, to cheat out the developers. 

Oh, I don't know, maybe something that proves you aren't just bullshitting would be nice. Until you actually show me some evidence that piracy is this huge issue on Vita like you claim it is, I don't believe a word of it. I'm willing to bet I know a lot more about Vita than you do, and I've never heard any developers claiming they've lost a large amount of revenue on Vita due to piracy.

Please find the Vita equivalent of these:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/psps-biggest-problem-is-piracy-sony

https://kotaku.com/5221988/sony-psp-piracy-levels-are-sickening

Oh right, you can't... :facepalm: The Vita has about as many issues with piracy as the PS4 does (almost non-existent). Maybe you should do a little research before you make these false claims in the future. Just a little bit of advice. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mar said:

L4ff886.png

1L3532db.png

:platinum: The Final Frontier

Earn all Trophies in Dead Space 2

- Made the Dead Space series whole (completed all games -- goal)

- Has aged extremely well, graphically and game-play wise (unlike Dead Space)

- Still impressive and nice real-time cutscenes (much respect)

- Appreciative optional story re-cap from prequel

- Still awesome set-pieces

- Still overall great game, having striked that equal balance of story-telling and gameplay

How bad is Hardcore difficulty? The thought of only saving three times scares me a little.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

How bad is Hardcore difficulty? The thought of only saving three times scares me a little.

Bad enough to need a guide, unless you had a lot of recent practice on Zeolot mode and are familiar with spawns, waves, and alien group numbers. I made the mistake of coming back to this game 3yrs later (from my first 2 HC attempts, gave up quickly as hell back then) jumping straight into Hardcore. Going in blind and slow won't work. You can go -10 miles an hour and it simply will not work unless you know what to expect. I used a guide for certain parts of the game and did the rest with persistence. It's bad but it's not immensely bad. You'll die several times but that's part of it. Luckily campaign is not as long as DS3 or Alien Isolation.

Id do this again, on PS3 or a PS4 remaster (oddly), for some reasons stated above-above. The game has aged so well and it's fun as hell...... The lore is also really well handled, and keeps motivation. Going to get The Art of Dead Space soon (getting Horizon's first). I cant say the same for other games - re-doing hardest diff - but DS is just such a cool and nicely designed series: the guns, stasis, and kinesis triangle is so addictive and badass. Every mechanic of DS has viability and use: the swinging punch, the stomp, etc

Edited by Mar