Metro Redux how remasters should be done

Carville87

With all the remastered games coming to the PS4 and Xbox One and everyone being a little annoyed with them. This is how 4A Games are handling their remaster of Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light

This video explains it all.

So what do you guys think is this what other developers should be offering a complete re-work and upgrade to their games or should we just want new games and new ips.

• Like 4

I totally agree this game looks amazing however we have to remember that Metro 2033 as an example is much older than say TLOU so visually it would look noticeably better than it's original counterpart.

Can't wait to grab my copy!

Edited by LimelightBoy
  • Like 1

Never played Metro but iv been told if i do play it is to make the Language Russian and then no hud

People always say it's a better experience when they speak Russian, but it's not really, you just have no idea what they're saying (until you read the subtitles).

Metro 2033 never released on ps3, but I never thought it was very good anyway, maybe the redux Will change my mind.

Agreed, no game should call itself remastered unless it is truly and significantly upgraded as the Metro games appear to be. I was quite impressed with what I saw. It looks like true love and care was put into the games instead of a cheap cash in.

• Like 1

They have re-done the trophy list for each one as well according to ps3trophies.org

you have to do spartan mode and survival mode to get the plat on both

Yeah . I just checked and the trophies have changed a little but nothing too much. Looks like survival is golden trophy and spartan is only silver. Can't wait to see what they got.

YES! This is how games should be remastered! Although that's obviously only possible for old games, not stuff for games that are being remastered now, and these games came out only one year ago, like Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs. But there's some old games that I still want to see be remastered for next-gen, so I hope these games receive the same treatment as Metro Redux. And oh, I never played Metro 2033, and even more, it's remastered now! :D I'll be definitely getting this redux! And I loved Last Light, so I won't mind going through the game again, at least this time it's "prettier", runs better, etc. And I think developers should re-work on some of their projects, and upgrade their games, if possible for them. I really wanna see how my favorite games ever would look like in the next-gen

Edited by jack21_98
  • Like 1

That's how "Remasters" should be done.

All these others should be titled "Re-released".

Looking forward to it though, I unfortunately never played 2033 but was lucky enough to get Last light off PS+ so I'm glad I can play it again along with 2033 and all the DLC included.

Nicely done.

• Like 1

Yessir, this is the only remaster ive agreed with so far [i bought Tomb Raider because i never played it on PS3 so yeah]

Anyway, i can't wait to get this. I might play Last Light again not sure yet I played through it 3 times minimum and i freaking LOVED IT.

Never played 2033 cause it was never on PS3, i just hope my copy arrives before Destiny :P

An interesting remark was made on Gametrailers, which I agree with.

Metro 2033 had an intentional dark, dirty look. But with this Redux, it became clean, which isn't what the apocalypse should look like.

It became all too bright.

Despite it's fabolous how it looks, I agree with that opinion.

However this isn't any negative remark, just a remark.

This is a game I look forward to when I'll have a PS4.