Ratchet and Clank (PS4) Discussion

DanielVT

ratchet-and-clank-wallpaper.jpg

Hey guys, so I was recently thinking about the Ratchet and Clank game that they announced for the PS4 and I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Is anyone excited? It's apparently going to be a re-imaginiation of the very first Ratchet and Clank. What does everyone think that means? As a longtime fan of the series, more ratchet and clank is always a good thing, but at the same time, is this a "reboot" of the franchise (which I deem completely unnecessary. Have they run out of ideas? I get that this game is supposed to tie in with the movie, but still. What is everyone's thoughts on this matter, and hopes for the game etc. For reference: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/ratchet-clank-announced-for-ps4/

I'm pretty excited cause I loved the series so much hopefully sly 5 is real

Yes, but I want brand new adventures on the PS4, not the first game re-made. Still, it is Ratchet and Clank with PS4 visuals so I can't complain much. lol and YES!!!! Sly 5 on the PS4 would be sick!

Didn't even know there was a ratchet and clank game for the PS4! :jaymon: when was this announced? 

It was briefly mentioned at E3 during the discussion of the new Ratchet and Clank movie. :)

I'm hoping for a new trilogy of rachet and clank games and a new secret agent clank that was fun

AGREED! I want a brand new trilogy as well. As for SAC, I have pondered buying a PSP again, just to play that and Size Matters again. They were so good.

As for SAC, I have pondered buying a PSP again, just to play that and Size Matters again. They were so good.

You've still got your Vita right? Are they not available to download from the US PSN store? I played Size Matters recently using my Vita (although I got it from the UK PSN store). Awesome game.

You've still got your Vita right? Are they not available to download from the US PSN store? I played Size Matters recently using my Vita (although I got it from the UK PSN store). Awesome game.

Of course I do! Yeah, I forgot that the Vita could do that! haha lol

• Like 1

The HD remake was a bit of a let down, simply because the game has aged noticeably, but if they update the controls to be in line with recent entries (which I'm sure they will), I'll be buying it day 1.

I'd also buy a 'remaster' of the first PS3 game, just to finally get some trophies for it.

• 1 year later...

This is gonna look great on the PS4. Hopefully there is enough differences in the game to make it feel like you are playing a new game.

I don't know why but i always feel a little sad when a series is rebooted. I guess it's because we've seen how ratchet has evolved but now we have to see it again (hard to explain).

• 5 months later...