Ratchet and Clank (PS4) Discussion

DanielVT

It's not midnight in America yet, so I doubt it. It's not even midnight in England yet, so it'll be a few hours away.

Yeah, but it's supposed to be playable at midnight not downloaded at midnight. The last few games I pre-orderd off PSN downloaded a few days before release.

It seems like for this title the Auto-Download never worked at all since it was supposed to pre-load on August 9th but it never did and the Auto-Download never saved, I'm downloading it now though.

I'll play as much as I can at 9PM PDT.

12977194_1367068216652780_19921248257849

Edited by Shaun

I just had it download via my PS4 not the website.

It seems to be hit or miss.  It's something on Sony's end for sure. This is from Insomniac's Twitter “We are aware of the preloading issues some of you are having. Sony is looking into it and as soon as we have an update, we will let you know.”

I'm loving this games and it look's amazing.

I love it as well, I just beat my first playthrough and am on a challenge mode playthrough now.

I didn't even have it a day and I already beat it.  Pretty short game.

Edited by Shaun

How's the plat on this bad boy? gunna pick it up after next week after my last final and I wouldn't mind an easy plat to feel like I've actually accomplished something this past month 

Took me 2 days and 19 hours to platinum it which isn't even my fastest platinum, my fastest platinum is 2 days and 4 hours on Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

This game is really enjoyable. I've never played any of the Ratchet &Clank's because I was so addicted to Sly Cooper on the PS2. Although, I'm glad I picked this game up because it's a PlayStation classic that I'm glad they brought back. (Hopefully they do this with others..) Not to mention the movie comes out soon in theaters too :D

This game is really enjoyable. I've never played any of the Ratchet & Clank's because I was so addicted to Sly Cooper on the PS2. Although, I'm glad I picked this game up because it's a PlayStation classic that I'm glad they brought back. (Hopefully they do this with others..) Not to mention the movie comes out soon in theaters too :D

Just so you know this is a reboot not a remake which I doubt any sequels will come from it plus it was made with the movie which will be in theaters April 29th, also there are many characters in this game that have new appearances unlike the original games so I doubt a sequel can be made off of this game.

12968044_1369412169751718_66599945522669

Edited by Shaun

Just so you know this is a reboot not a remake which I doubt any sequels will come from it plus it was made with the movie which will be in theaters April 29th, also there are many characters in this game that have new appearances unlike the original games so I doubt a sequel can be made off of this game.

12968044_1369412169751718_66599945522669

I did catch what the guy said at the beginning &also my boyfriend already had explained this to me as well. Fully aware, thank you though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It was great playing Ratchet again, love the franchise, and although I did have a lot of fun with the reboot, and it looked and played great, I'm disappointed it was missing so much content, ultimately it was a great half of a game.   I think 6, maybe 7, planets were cut, and some of the revisited planets were reduced in size too.   Some weapons were missing, skill points, no giant clank...  The development of the relationship between R & C was skipped and a few characters gone too...

I know it's a reboot, but nice visuals and smooth gameplay really doesn't make up for so much missing content, maybe the RRP reflected that but I can't help but be disappointed.   Losing faith in Insomniac, after all that leaving Sony to be multi-plat, and their second release is an M$ exclusive...   Heard the movie is just fleshed out cut scenes from the game, all seems as if their heart isn't in it.

Ratchet was a good, fun half game, still preferred the original game though.   

It was great playing Ratchet again, love the franchise, and although I did have a lot of fun with the reboot, and it looked and played great, I'm disappointed it was missing so much content, ultimately it was a great half of a game.   I think 6, maybe 7, planets were cut, and some of the revisited planets were reduced in size too.   Some weapons were missing, skill points, no giant clank...  The development of the relationship between R & C was skipped and a few characters gone too...

I know it's a reboot, but nice visuals and smooth gameplay really doesn't make up for so much missing content, maybe the RRP reflected that but I can't help but be disappointed.   Losing faith in Insomniac, after all that leaving Sony to be multi-plat, and their second release is an M$ exclusive...   Heard the movie is just fleshed out cut scenes from the game, all seems as if their heart isn't in it.

Ratchet was a good, fun half game, still preferred the original game though.   

You do know this was made with the movie that came out in theaters on April 29th right?  It's a full game, there isn't anything half about it and it is based off of the movie they made with it so it's not meant to be like the other games in the franchise, the movie also has some extras that wasn't in the game.

I had actually forgotten I was still following this topic when I had finished the game a long time ago.  I am kind of tired of having to sign back in after been away for a certain amount of time and that it doesn't correctly redirect you to the topic you was viewing when trying to sign in.

Edited by Shaun

You do know this was made with the movie that came out in theaters on April 29th right?  It's a full game, there isn't anything half about it and it is based off of the movie they made with it so it's not meant to be like the other games in the franchise, the movie also has some extras that wasn't in the game.

I had actually forgotten I was still following this topic when I had finished the game a long time ago.  I am kind of tired of having to sign back in after been away for a certain amount of time and that it doesn't correctly redirect you to the topic you was viewing when trying to sign in.

Yeah, I know, and I said the movie was 'fleshed out', but saying it's not like the previous game is silly considering 90% of the content is identical to the original...just missing about half the original content.   It was a good game, and while I can understand that perhaps the rest of the original content might not have fit with the newish storyline, it's still disappointing that they took this path and omitted so much.

Going back and playing the original, or the HD remake, it's hard not to say it's half a game, even the identical areas we got had sections removed.   Maybe I sound more critical than I want, I did enjoy it, but I'll still maintain it's half a game, and that was disappointing.   It was fun, sure, but as a reboot I'd have preferred an updated original game with 'extras', not half the content missing.   

Yeah, I know, and I said the movie was 'fleshed out', but saying it's not like the previous game is silly considering 90% of the content is identical to the original...just missing about half the original content.   It was a good game, and while I can understand that perhaps the rest of the original content might not have fit with the newish storyline, it's still disappointing that they took this path and omitted so much.

Going back and playing the original, or the HD remake, it's hard not to say it's half a game, even the identical areas we got had sections removed.   Maybe I sound more critical than I want, I did enjoy it, but I'll still maintain it's half a game, and that was disappointing.   It was fun, sure, but as a reboot I'd have preferred an updated original game with 'extras', not half the content missing.   

Like I said there is no content missing, it only takes Ratchet & Clank (the original on PS2) as a base and builds it up from scratch, it is really wrong and inaccurate to call it half a game when it is a full game.  A good deal of the content isn't original, I really don't see how you can say that most of it is original when it really isn't.

Tbh loved the game lol. I think its good they did a reboot. Set up a better story work it all out with every character thats already been introduced instead of randomly throwing them into future games and saying fuck it. Like the lombax from going commando which made no sense at all. I think its just good for the series. ANDDD we get to see hopefully all our old fav ratchet and clank games redone in REAL HD. COUGH ratchet and clank collection... 

Might have talked alot of smack on R & C but biggest lover of the series 

Tbh loved the game lol. I think its good they did a reboot. Set up a better story work it all out with every character thats already been introduced instead of randomly throwing them into future games and saying fuck it. Like the lombax from going commando which made no sense at all. I think its just good for the series. ANDDD we get to see hopefully all our old fav ratchet and clank games redone in REAL HD. COUGH ratchet and clank collection... 

Might have talked alot of smack on R & C but biggest lover of the series 

Did you go see the movie?  It is really good and has some extra content that isn't shown in the game like the ending which I won't spoil.

Did you go see the movie?  It is really good and has some extra content that isn't shown in the game like the ending which I won't spoil.

No I haven't had the chance too what happens send me a PM because I don't think ill get the chance to see it sadly

Gotta say tho the 1 thing i regret is Eudora I fucking loved that planet and was very sad they didn't put it into the game and Pokitaru i feel was a missed opportunity because they had all that underwater place to explore and didn't do anything with it ... i mean theres 1 secret but thats it no hidden under water crystals that give bolts nothing it just felt wasted ... 

Like I said there is no content missing, it only takes Ratchet & Clank (the original on PS2) as a base and builds it up from scratch, it is really wrong and inaccurate to call it half a game when it is a full game.  A good deal of the content isn't original, I really don't see how you can say that most of it is original when it really isn't.

Each to their own I suppose Shaun.

Is this a mistake?:

'A good deal of the content isn't original, I really don't see how you can say that most of it is original when it really isn't.'

You're saying what I was saying, that most of the content 'isn't' original, and I didn't say it was original either...I presume you mixed that up?

I like it, but would still like to see a full fledged Ratchet game, with the kind of depth of content that the originals had.   People have been saying that since FFA, AFO and Nexus, good games but short and sweet and not the proper Ratchet games we want...I'm inclined to put the reboot closer to that category than a full game like the ones of old.   It's not quite there, there is more to it than that, but it's nowhere near the scope and longevity of previous games, and well, when you cut so much content...what's to be expected?!

I have no problem with anyone enjoying the game and fighting it's corner, I liked it too, but I feel how I feel, and it'd be nice to finally get a proper full adventure after all these years!  :)

Each to their own I suppose Shaun.

Is this a mistake?:

'A good deal of the content isn't original, I really don't see how you can say that most of it is original when it really isn't.'

You're saying what I was saying, that most of the content 'isn't' original, and I didn't say it was original either...I presume you mixed that up?

I like it, but would still like to see a full fledged Ratchet game, with the kind of depth of content that the originals had.   People have been saying that since FFA, AFO and Nexus, good games but short and sweet and not the proper Ratchet games we want...I'm inclined to put the reboot closer to that category than a full game like the ones of old.   It's not quite there, there is more to it than that, but it's nowhere near the scope and longevity of previous games, and well, when you cut so much content...what's to be expected?!

I have no problem with anyone enjoying the game and fighting it's corner, I liked it too, but I feel how I feel, and it'd be nice to finally get a proper full adventure after all these years!   :)

I really don't know anymore but fair enough. It is really good for the first Ratchet & Clank game to appear on PS4 and I hope they bring out more.

I never finished Ratchet & Clank Collection on PS3 nor did I get very far on either of them since I kind of don't play the PS3 much anymore.

Edited by Shaun

I really don't know anymore but fair enough. It is really good for the first Ratchet & Clank game to appear on PS4 and I hope they bring out more.

I never finished Ratchet & Clank Collection on PS3 nor did I get very far on either of them since I kind of don't play the PS3 much anymore.

The HD collection is well worth playing, I loved replaying all the games again, and yeah my PS3 is gathering dust too, but I'd recommend going back to it and playing them, great games!

It's a good game Shaun, not knocking that, just wished it'd covered a lot more of the old content.   I missed Orxon, Helga, the shady salesman etc...  It is what it is, but I've been curious of some of the decisions Insomniac have been making since way back to Resistance 3, which was a solid game, but would have been better off as a spin-off, Capellis story or something, rather than the poor ending (imo) to another franchise I loved.

I hope they make more Ratchet too, but if they're going to somewhat follow the original stories I really hope they don't continue to cut huge swathes of the content.   Still, can't say I didn't enjoy the new game!  :P

The HD collection is well worth playing, I loved replaying all the games again, and yeah my PS3 is gathering dust too, but I'd recommend going back to it and playing them, great games!

It's a good game Shaun, not knocking that, just wished it'd covered a lot more of the old content.   I missed Orxon, Helga, the shady salesman etc...  It is what it is, but I've been curious of some of the decisions Insomniac have been making since way back to Resistance 3, which was a solid game, but would have been better off as a spin-off, Capellis story or something, rather than the poor ending (imo) to another franchise I loved.

I hope they make more Ratchet too, but if they're going to somewhat follow the original stories I really hope they don't continue to cut huge swathes of the content.   Still, can't say I didn't enjoy the new game!   :P

I would but I don't own it anymore (traded it in but I could get the digital version if I felt like it) and at the moment I'm more into PC gaming (currently Tree of Savior) so the consoles (all 3: PS3, PS4 & PSTV) are currently collecting dust.