Wolfenstein: The New Order - A MASTERPIECE

DanielVT

Really Good Matw. Liked your post (: i play Wolfenstein since the old versions like Return to Castle x) Wolf is just amazing haha.

Wolfenstein games and Brothers in Arms were the shooters that made me in love for shooters in the first place years ago. I could still play them all the day , these experiences will always be better than any CoD game.

I mean..CoD is a good game but it fails to grab the player to the emotions of the main characters. Wolfenstein Resistance , Killzone and specially Brothers in arms and Bioshock are games that get extremely emotional at some times. I wont care about death of a soldier that i barely know about and that came with me in a few missions , he's almost like every others that die in the field x.x as bad as it sounds.

Edited by BUwUNY

Really Good Matw. Liked your post (: i play Wolfenstein since the old versions like Return to Castle x) Wolf is just amazing haha.

Thanks for the feedback! Never played the PS2 or PS3 versions, but I did play Wolfenstein 3D a fair amount.

Agree with what you said because it is such a amazing game, i'm big Wolfenstein myself, 100% 3D which is a classic, platted Wolfenstein (2009) which is a very underrated game.

will definitely be playing this again on PS4

Highly Agree , this game is pretty much perfect and i believe it got overlooked a lot 

anyone who picks this up will be surprised at just how good it is , everything felt real

the story was extremely well paced throughout and i can't really say anything bad about the game

the entire thing was a joy to play and i was sad after finishing it , i really hope a lot more people

take the time to play this , awesome game :) 

This and Resogun are my only ps4 games I give a perfect because these 2 games were simply god damn great

Resogun was a sick game, but IMO Wolfenstein is on a completely different level. :) Other than that, I whole-heartedly concur! 

Highly Agree , this game is pretty much perfect and i believe it got overlooked a lot 

anyone who picks this up will be surprised at just how good it is , everything felt real

the story was extremely well paced throughout and i can't really say anything bad about the game

the entire thing was a joy to play and i was sad after finishing it , i really hope a lot more people

take the time to play this , awesome game :)

You summed up my thoughts precisely! I wanted to keep playing as the game was so awesome, but at the same time, the more I played the less I had left which made me sad. Once I finished it, I loved every second but felt kind of sad and empty. I could play in that universe forever.

I went into it expecting a mindless shooter and got a sleek, smooth FPS with heart in an interesting game world. Loved every minute of it.

Same! I was so amazed with how great this game turned out to be.

I plan on buying this once I receive my PS4 it looks absolutely crazy! Don't understand why it got some negative feedback -_- Looks fun as hell haha lol

I agree, and have NO CLUE what people could possibly say negatively about this game. It's truly perfect. :D

Wolfenstein games and Brothers in Arms were the shooters that made me in love for shooters in the first place years ago. I could still play them all the day , these experiences will always be better than any CoD game.

I mean..CoD is a good game but it fails to grab the player to the emotions of the main characters. Wolfenstein Resistance , Killzone and specially Brothers in arms and Bioshock are games that get extremely emotional at some times. I wont care about death of a soldier that i barely know about and that came with me in a few missions , he's almost like every others that die in the field x.x as bad as it sounds.

I love COD so much, but I agree, it really doesn't capture emotions. The SP campaigns are great, but essentially nothing more than a highly enjoyable rollercoaster of action with not time to breath. Which is good, but when you play games like Wolfenstein you see how FPS games can actually have a story. 

Agree with what you said because it is such a amazing game, i'm big Wolfenstein myself, 100% 3D which is a classic, platted Wolfenstein (2009) which is a very underrated game.

will definitely be playing this again on PS4. 

I need more to satiate my Wolfenstein fix. Do you know if it is still possible to plat the 2009 game? I'd only play it if the platinum is still achievable. I would definitely do the multiplayer glitch to instantly achieve level 50 if the multiplayer is still up. Could I copy your Level 50 as well? Are the servers still up?

Edited by DanielVT

Love everything about the game. It's fantastic ;) I would of personally loved to play some of this online as well. RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

MachineGames has clearly said that they don't have any intention on making multiplayer games and that they want to stick with SP only....creating the best adventures possible. To me this game may not have been as good if they would have had divided attention. Wouldn't you agree? 

Great piece sir, was going to be a purchase of mine in the future anyway as I loved the previous Wolfenstein but now I just want to shoot Nazi's (possibly wrong but...meh)!!

Thanks, kind sir! I hope the industry starts to go back to WWII shooters. I miss WWII games, and I feel that the modern combat games need a break. 

Thanks, kind sir! I hope the industry starts to go back to WWII shooters. I miss WWII games, and I feel that the modern combat games need a break.

I know COD gets a lot of hate in these parts but personally I like it, I think the campaign's are great from what I have played (not played BO2 or Ghosts yet) and my worry is that as these games get more advanced (no pun intended), they are drifting away from what COD has always been for me. Not sure what your take on it is, I used COD as an obvious example?

I didn't find the story that fascinating

I did like the whispering narrative, was pretty amusing

That;s too bad, but yeah, I thought the whispering part was pretty clever. At first I had no idea who was talking.....took me a bit to realize I was hearing BJ's thoughts lol.

Edited by DanielVT

That;s too bad, but yeah, I thought the whispering part was pretty clever. At first I had no idea who was talking.....took me a bit to realize I was hearing BJ's thoughts lol.

He was whispering some pretty grimy angry shit, very entertaining

Spoiler

Let me ask you, in regards to the story did you feel touched by his death?

He was whispering some pretty grimy angry shit, very entertaining

Spoiler

Let me ask you, in regards to the story did you feel touched by his death?

Ummmm.........pretty sure he's not dead. In fact, I am 99% sure. BJ has been the main character for all Wolfenstein games and they are not about to kill the series' hero off. Secondly, we never see him die. Thirdly, at the end of the credits you hear the sound of a helicopter coming in. Which I assume is the one with Anya and the rest of the escapees coming to save BJ. Finally, what's a grenade to BJ? We saw him get stabbed in the chest multiple times, and tortured all throughout the game. What's shrapnel to him? lol

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

The New Order is indeed an incredible game. 

I'm going for the 100% completion yet again, think this will be the 4th time I've done between multiple consoles. 

It has the odd thing that pissed me off, but as far as a complete package goes for an single player FPS game, there are not many that top this experience. The game play is awesome, but in the middle of a crazy story are some truly amazing story sections which ring very true to our way of life and how we have been throughout history. 

• Like 1