The feather trophy is PAINFUL!

AssassinShadow56

Use the DNA Sequence to see how many feathers you have left in each section as it makes it easier.

That's a good advice. If you're missing a feather or two you can check out the DNA Sequence and see in which district you're missing the feathers and narrow your search area.

And if i was you i would use a guide because the reward for collecting all the feathers is pretty crappy.

Honestly neither this trophy nor the flags in AC I are that bad. You just get a guide, follow it, and voilà. Even easier if you just refrain from collecting any of them before following the guide.

If you think that was hard, try platinuming the next game, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, where the already extremely hard online trophies will have you dealing with the buggiest and most temperamental servers ever. Oh, and did I mention you'll have to do it for several hours, even with boosting?

Collectibles like these are only "hard" if you miss 1 single collectible. This happened to me in Assassins Creed II, Gta IV, Infamous & Prototype. You would then have to think very hard what you missed or back through the guide again.

• 2 months later...

I'm also on the feathers here - for big maps such as Venice or even maybe Florence a guide/map can help, but small areas like Monteriggioni or Forlí are pretty easy. The thing is: To know where each and every single one of these 100 feathers is.

I'm kinda stuck at maybe 20-25 and currently seaching all the way in Venice - with a map. And where to get the Auditore cape?

I was kinda surprised as I looked into the DNA... I've already been at around 30 feathers and as of today I'm halfway through with 53... Monteriggioni complete and in Venice 3 of 5 boroughs completed. While I'm on the feathers, I try to get other trophies as well - maybe that can help as some sort of motivation...

Don't complain until you find the 200 pigeons in GTA IV

And that trophy is a silver one, whereas you get for the 100 feathers here only a bronze?! I just looked that up cause I've got to get GTA IV in my profile...

And I'm complaining because I got some feathers already but I don't know which ones that had been...

I didn't find it too bad because, sure, I used a map but going through the story, I focused on each section you were allowed to roam in. So where the animus hadn't synced that was my cut off until it opened up.

That way you can focus on the feathers a little bit at a time without getting frustrated with them. Everyone is different though, that was just my method.

this is what i did too

Try to find the collectibles in GTA san andreas or vice city. THAT was hard.

I agree completely, especially Vice City.  I played that game through multiple times, but those hidden packages were a nightmare  Even with an online guide and printed maps, it still was terrible.  As it was years earlier, and online guides had a long way to go, I found it much harder than the 200 pigeons from IV.

Don't complain until you find the 200 pigeons in GTA IV

And that trophy is a silver one, whereas you get for the 100 feathers here only a bronze?! I just looked that up cause I've got to get GTA IV in my profile...

And I'm complaining because I got some feathers already but I don't know which ones that had been...

I never worry about the color of the trophies, just as long as I get them all :P

But in regards to the feathers, I platinumed AC2 in 2 days 15 hours (according to PSNP).  Obviously that includes breaks, and granted I had already played it years earlier on 360, BUT it still wasn't hard to get all the collectibles while doing everything else.  I definitely did some feathers along the way, but I loved AC2, my favorite of the series, so it never bothered me.  I'm not a big fan of useless collectibles, but I do love the games where you get perks from your collecting.  A game I recently finished, Saints Row IV, had a ridiculous number of clusters, but collecting them was easy, and you used them to upgrade your powers, so it actually had a purpose.  Wish all games did that with their collectibles.  I can't remember if the feathers in AC2 had a purpose, other than the emotional link for Ezio and his mom.  Still a great game, lol.

Edited by Matto_lsi

I agree completely, especially Vice City.  I played that game through multiple times, but those hidden packages were a nightmare  Even with an online guide and printed maps, it still was terrible.  As it was years earlier, and online guides had a long way to go, I found it much harder than the 200 pigeons from IV.

I never worry about the color of the trophies, just as long as I get them all :P

But in regards to the feathers, I platinumed AC2 in 2 days 15 hours (according to PSNP).  Obviously that includes breaks, and granted I had already played it years earlier on 360, BUT it still wasn't hard to get all the collectibles while doing everything else.  I definitely did some feathers along the way, but I loved AC2, my favorite of the series, so it never bothered me.  I'm not a big fan of useless collectibles, but I do love the games where you get perks from your collecting.  A game I recently finished, Saints Row IV, had a ridiculous number of clusters, but collecting them was easy, and you used them to upgrade your powers, so it actually had a purpose.  Wish all games did that with their collectibles.  I can't remember if the feathers in AC2 had a purpose, other than the emotional link for Ezio and his mom.  Still a great game, lol.

It was emotional for Ezio and his family. But his mom made him the Auditore cape. Which was needed to optain the trophy for wearing the colors in every part of the game at least once.

It was emotional for Ezio and his family. But his mom made him the Auditore cape. Which was needed to optain the trophy for wearing the colors in every part of the game at least once.

Ah, I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder!  It's been a while since I played it... maybe they'll release an HD version on PS4 so I can Plat is again :P

• Like 2

Ah, I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder!  It's been a while since I played it... maybe they'll release an HD version on PS4 so I can Plat is again :P

Your welcome! It would be great if they did that but they would most likely have to outsource it to a different company as most of Ubisoft's studios are always preoccupied with the upcoming Assassin's Creed games. Not to say that's a bad thing. Given to the right company it can be done well enough.

• 4 months later...

The feathers are fine unless the trophy glitches and doesn't pop!

So now sat here, with 98% and have the trophy for the Auditore cape (which requires the feathers), but not the trophy for the feathers themselves!

Not sure if I can be bothered to reply the game to unlock all cities - unless that doesn't take long? Anyone?

Seriously, how did Ubisoft expect us to find a 100 FEATHERS WITH NO MAP? I am currently trying to get them, so I can get the platinum, and holy jesus I am only at 35 right now. I am using a map, because without it, I would NEVER get the damn trophy. Anyone agrees with me?

Late to the party, but this was a bad trophy, with an even worse reward. I hated it myself (it kept me from the plat for a couple of years, if memory serves).

The feathers are fine unless the trophy glitches and doesn't pop!

So now sat here, with 98% and have the trophy for the Auditore cape (which requires the feathers), but not the trophy for the feathers themselves!

Not sure if I can be bothered to reply the game to unlock all cities - unless that doesn't take long? Anyone?

I might have kicked my TV in if that had happened.

Seriously, how did Ubisoft expect us to find a 100 FEATHERS WITH NO MAP? I am currently trying to get them, so I can get the platinum, and holy jesus I am only at 35 right now. I am using a map, because without it, I would NEVER get the damn trophy. Anyone agrees with me?

Sounds funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Try the collectibles in The Division. Honestly now a days most games have collectibles way more then 100 so after a while collectibles become more of a part of the games level design instead of an extra task you have to do at least for me. If you can't handle the grind then play TWD lmao.