Social Lubricant (Drinking Games) are EASIER! Game Patched

BlindMango

So Watch Dogs got patched recently! Here are the patch notes, the most important fixes are for the drinking games, which have been made easier and hopefully far less frustrating, here's the details:

DRINKING GAMES – The Drinking Games were re-tuned based on community feedback. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
  • Increase round fail time by 20%. More time for player to finish.
  • Increase button cycling time by 50%. More time between button switch.
  • Increase player reticle radius by 25% in collect button mode. Allow easier button press succeeded on bad latency tv.
  • Increase player reticle last frame velocity impact on this frame position (inertia friction) by 70%. The player reticle slow down faster when no input from player -> easier to stay on the spot targeted & More precise player control.
  • Increase player input factor by 50%. More precise and more reactive player control.
  • Reduce max force applied randomly to player reticle from 0.35 to 0.29. Less strong random impulse for drunk effect.
  • Reduce moving target speed by 15%. Easier for player to time his button press on a target.

Hopefully those who didn't get platinum because of this trophy can get it now! =D

P.S. #Gotitbeforethepatch xD

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Also, this may also help out people who have been having trouble with the Traced trophy:

"HACK YOUR FRIENDS – You can now select available friends via the grid and hack or tail them without their knowledge. This can be disabled under online options. – (ALL PLATFORMS)"

• Like 1

Also, this may also help out people who have been having trouble with the Traced trophy:

"HACK YOUR FRIENDS – You can now select available friends via the grid and hack or tail them without their knowledge. This can be disabled under online options. – (ALL PLATFORMS)"

Although this is awesome news, this is an ability that should have been in from day one as they advertised it at game demos. Still they righted a wrong so kudos to them.

You're not forced to install the patch, I for once won't use it.

If I ever get back to Watchdogs anyway, which probably won't happen for quite a while.

I applaud you for not using the patch. Why did a lot of people bitch about the drinking challenges? It's a challenge so it's not supposed to be easy, so there is no need for Ubisoft to listen to people who can't handle the challenge.

I think because it's simply one of "those" trophies that just make people scratch their heads and wonder "Why is this even here?". Out of every single other simple and straight-forward trophies that this game has, here's this random bronze trophy for some random mini-game that honestly has nothing to do with the game that is this gigantic barrier between a nice and fun 98% completion and the remaining 2% for the platinum.

Even though I got the trophy months ago, I still think that it's more or less random and "unfair" as a trophy by looking at every single other trophy on the list.

I think it's unfair that it is a bronze, it should definitely be a gold. All of the mini games really didn't have to do with the rest of the game, whether it be poker, slots, chess, or drinking. It's just drinking happened to be the hard one with the trophy.

Remember that time when it was difficult to get trophies for platinums and required a large amount of skill?

It doesn't require skill.. lol. It was the awful sensitivity, and unresponsive slow controls.

Im glad they patched it so people don't have to go through the frustration i had to.

• Like 2

Surprised they went so hard and heavy on the changes, I'd shelved the game for a month or so because of this one.  Would rather enjoy some different stuff and come back later to the nasty trophies.  Coming back after a break usually works for me.

Will feel a little cheap going back and getting it now though... though doubt that will stop me :)

The Hack your friends is a nice addition, despite some peoples dislike I thought the MP was at least a little different and genuinely fun at times.

Remember that time when it was difficult to get trophies for platinums and required a large amount of skill?

I don't think this statement is justified because one game patched a trophy, And as for the skill part, how about it challenges me to use large amount of skills that would benefit me in the game or had anything related to it at all.  

Max Payne 3 the Shadows rushed me is a perfect example of a complementary difficult trophy. The trophy is tough but at the time you reach NYMHC mode you have played the game multiple times in advance and have been building a skill set.

Got mine before the patch also but as you can imagine I'm a little pissed that patch has come out, all that hard work for nothing and it makes you think to yourself what is the point of trophies if they are handed out like confetti?

Edited by heath_577

I guess I'll go update the guide, does anyone know if hacking your friends counts towards the trophy?

I'm pretty disappointed honestly, they could've patched it to make it less frustrating, so you don't have to stumble back to the bar every time, but they've made it a bit too easy now. 

• Increase player input factor by 50%. More precise and more reactive player control.
  • Reduce moving target speed by 15%. Easier for player to time his button press on a target. 

Those are the best ones that I agree with, the others make turn it from a boring but challenging trophy, to just a boring trophy. You now have to sit through 1 hour 30 minutes of an easy minigame to get the trophy.

• Like 1