Social Lubricant (Drinking Games) are EASIER! Game Patched

BlindMango

Got mine before the patch also but as you can imagine I'm a little pissed that patch has come out, all that hard work for nothing and it makes you think to yourself what is the point of trophies if they are handed out like confetti?

They are not. Otherwise ''The Shadows Rushed Me'' from Max Payne 3 and the Babel stages from Catherine would have been patched.

Is this game worth on the PS3?

pressed backspace too many times.. lol
wrong topic :/

also if u are planning to get it I'd wait for it to be on sale, also get the ps4 version.

game was way overhyped, the hacking is a good new feature but gets old quickly.

Edited by L33N3WB3

This explains why it was so easy for me to get to level 10 in Pawnee. I didn't even start the drinking games until after the patch.

My trouble is evading a level 5 police scan.

Hmm, good point - I updated this tip (second paragraph): https://psnprofiles.com/guide/966-WATCH-DOGS-Trophy-Guide/#Scanproof

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

From what I've heard, no. Apparently the graphics get downgraded A LOT from PS4. The story is good, but its not a must-have. tbh its up to you.

Thanks for answering.

I had no interest in this game until i started watching a walkthrough. 

I don't have a PS4, so i think i will wait a little more.

Thank you Ubisoft, I know a lot of guys are sad because it was made "easier", I do love challenge, but theres a difference between hard and annoying, I love the difficult of games like ninja gaiden and some hard boss on rpg, on the other hand this specific trophy( my last for the platinum) gave me massive headache, happy that I will get 3 platinum this weekend, the last of us my 40, rayman Legends for vita that need just one challenge and I wanted and watch dogs :)

Aaaaand I still suck at keeping both sticks in the circle,i made it past challenge 4 and my old friend cyan/yellow circle came back to punch me in the face in the 6th level only it was just a little smaller.

Well that sucks. People are really that bad at it to need it patched? I did it pre patch, failed a couple times every now and then but not many times, besides if it is so easy that anyone can do them first try what's the point?

Did it need to be patched, no. Are people having trouble with it? Ill let the several posts within the site as well as the ubi soft forums answer your question for me. The point is that shooting and driving are the two  main focuses in this game myself and the thousands of other people playing this did not expect an extreme 30 round version of "punch the monkey" in a game such as this. We wouldn't want a Tennis game to have some car driving simulator mini game in it would we? 

One more thing for those who haven't tried it yet post patch

- You still have to walk back to the bar after you fail

- You start all the way at the beginning of the round you failed not at the subsection that you failed.

Edited by stitchesnscars
  • Like 1

The drinking game was just glaringly harder than the rest of W_D, which can be considered an easy game to Plat (3/10).  That is why it stood out as an issue.  I think they didn't really realize how difficult they made it until we started "providing feedback".  It was also poorly implemented with bad fail spawns and long rounds with no checkpoints.

There were several suggestions on how to patch it.  They chose to make it easier but could also have changed the implementation for faster re-tries.  

Hard games may have some easy trophies but from what I've seen they tend to be hard overall, which is good for people that enjoy a challenge.  One hard trophy in an easy game shouldn't be what makes a plat hard to get, that is just bad game design.

• Like 3

I hate W_D's plat. I swear ms. crumby is impossible to get and its stopping me from the plat. I've spent 5 hours looking for that damn dong from a civilian. I only have to complete 4 more races and 2 more rounds of pawnee drinking game (which will be even easier after this patch) the thing that is stopping me is this stupid disk space full trophy. 

btw, does anyone know if the civilian with the music will have a blue box around them like people with rich bank accounts and system keys have?

btw, does anyone know if the civilian with the music will have a blue box around them like people with rich bank accounts and system keys have?

Yeah, it will have either like a musical note or a disc or something that resembles the blue bank account and system key symbols. I remember searching for hours and hours and still couldn't find it and then I decided to do something... Like I think it was maybe online hacking or a Fixer Contract and then when I finished that, I decided to get in a car and try another area - but before I got in the car, I decided to scan some people in a driveway working on a broken down vehicle or something and he had the song, lol

What I'm saying is that maybe you have to do something like online hacking and that increases the chances of a civilian nearby having the song - or maybe I just got lucky, lol

Yeah, it will have either like a musical note or a disc or something that resembles the blue bank account and system key symbols.

I mean when you get the upgrade that tells you they have something of interest without you having to scan them first, does that cover the people with music as well?

Thanks for answering.

I had no interest in this game until i started watching a walkthrough. 

I don't have a PS4, so i think i will wait a little more.

If you really want to play it save yourself the extra money and buy (or rent) it on the PS3. Nothing earth shattering here, but it is a nice distraction.

So Watch Dogs got patched recently! Here are the patch notes, the most important fixes are for the drinking games, which have been made easier and hopefully far less frustrating, here's the details:

DRINKING GAMES – The Drinking Games were re-tuned based on community feedback. – (ALL PLATFORMS)
  • Increase round fail time by 20%. More time for player to finish.
  • Increase button cycling time by 50%. More time between button switch.
  • Increase player reticle radius by 25% in collect button mode. Allow easier button press succeeded on bad latency tv.
  • Increase player reticle last frame velocity impact on this frame position (inertia friction) by 70%. The player reticle slow down faster when no input from player -> easier to stay on the spot targeted & More precise player control.
  • Increase player input factor by 50%. More precise and more reactive player control.
  • Reduce max force applied randomly to player reticle from 0.35 to 0.29. Less strong random impulse for drunk effect.
  • Reduce moving target speed by 15%. Easier for player to time his button press on a target.

Hopefully those who didn't get platinum because of this trophy can get it now! =D

P.S. #Gotitbeforethepatch xD

Yeah, I played it and it is much easier now. Thanks Ubisoft :)

• Like 1