Social Lubricant (Drinking Games) are EASIER! Game Patched

BlindMango

Honestly, I think it's pathetic that whining was able to get the 'difficulty' lowered. The drinking games were challenging, not impossible. That's the freaking point. Now it's just basically handing it to you because some people didn't want to put any effort into it. Glad I got mine way before this patch. Keep whining and games will be nothing more than easy QTEs because people can't get around the 'impossible' game play.

I honestly felt like this didn't need to be patched, yes the drinking games are annoying and a pain to keep having to retry them over and over again but they were doable if you just tried to concentrate when doing them. 

#GotItBeforeThePatch ;) 

I'd say the patch is to reduces the mini-games difficulty rather than specifically to make the trophy easier to get.

Given the rest of the game sits in the 'really easy' level of challenge it would seem that that's the intended vision for the overall difficulty and this mini game is being tuned to match.

Given the game overall is a bit bland and largely forgettable I'm not bothered that they've messed with it.  Not like they've destroyed a platinum to be proud of here.

Somes players can do it with the original "difficulty" (wasn't almost any difficulty for me) so others can do. That's was Ubisoft should've told to the players. I love difficulty, I wanted more difficulted personnaly, not less. I got the trophy before, it's better like that for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Not sure why this got bumped, but I just checked my plat date and I finished the game in July 2014, so I've not actually played it patched, though I had no trouble doing it beforehand and actually found the minigame insanely fun to do. Do one, screw off and do something else for a bit, ride over to the other pub and do another. I think I might actually pull this game out again soon, been a while. Or get the T-Bone DLC, tough call.

• 6 years later...
14 minutes ago, davestovies said:

Only started playing this and I've been going for the drinking games straight. I would hate to see how they were pre-patch.

This was A pain. 

My Fingers died after I achieve the plat. 

Its A chame that the trophie is easier after the Patch. 

36 minutes ago, davestovies said:

Only started playing this and I've been going for the drinking games straight. I would hate to see how they were pre-patch.

I agree and didn’t know the drinking game used to be more difficult. The first time I discovered it was in Pawnee and I failed to beat level 3 or 4 multiple times so I moved on. I didn’t know yet that this guy is the hardest to beat and when I tried the other 2 they were easy for me. Not first try to beat level 1 to 10, but I hardly failed a level more than 2 times, as I remember. And after beating them, the Pawnee guy felt kinda easier. I still failed some times at higher levels, but not many.

Without the patch it probably would’ve taken me a lot longer, so it‘s good that the patch exists. I didn’t even hate the drinking game just because I failed a couple of times. I love it, because I‘ve never seen such a mini game before, so it felt like a fairly normal trophy to earn.

Again, without the patch I would’ve learned to hate this mini game, most certainly.