WARNING! GRAPHIC CONTENT! Genocide in Iraq

DanielVT

As an actual military veteran dealing with this shit for the last 15 years, these stupid-ass articles are always penned by the same people who don't have to fight or don't have to fight anymore. You know what, this probably wasn't even written by a veteran, it was probably just a writer hoping to get people stirred up and would be the last person to respond to a call to arms. These sort of things make me sick. Look, I understand, something needs to be done, I get it. If you want to inform yourself of the conflict, great, there's plenty of resources out there. But this is a gaming website, not the CNN comments section. Can I get away from this for 5 fucking seconds please?

• Like 3

Discussing it and getting people to acknowledge that this shit is going on is much better than burying your head in the sand and hoping it'll go away.

And what has acknowledging it done? Nothing.

OP it's pretty silly how you want America to go into another war, you think ISIS don't know it's a one sided david vs. Goliath war? They're luring America into war for another decade long money draining battle. Which will damage everyone long term.

While America has announced air strikes, they won't dedicate troops until the safe return of the other captured journalists who were captured with Foley. America is the only first world country taking aggressive actions, everyone else is watching from the sidelines.

So what do you want us to do? It's all well just telling us about it, but we're not 13 year veterans who could plow through Fallujah in 4 days. Gaming isn't important in the grand scheme of things, but it is one of the only reasons people use this site.

I agree that those scum need to be punished, but at what cost? Are we just going to throw troops at them until they go away? How many more civilians will die in the cross fire?

• Like 1

And then there's people who proclaim religion isn't a cancer to the world today. Don't worry though people are too busy throwing buckets of water on their fuckin' heads to care about this sort of thing, until things like this gets put in the limelight of the masses (which it won't) chances are we'll not see action taken.

Celebrities should be spreading the message of this not ALS, its already got enough money donated.

Also, let me address two of the more ignorant ass opinions in this thread, then I'll wash my hands of this thread.

There is only one nation in war with the entire world and that is the USA. Broke as hell, but continuing to meddle in other people's business.

First off, the US "meddles", as you call it, because no one else will. The United Nations was formed to foster peace, international cooperation, and make sure things like the Holocaust never happen again (Godwin's Law!) The fact of the matter is, the United Nations never does anything. Talk never does anything. Sometimes to get someone to stop hitting somebody, you got to grab their arm and make them stop. When things go down in the world, people look in our direction to see what we're going to do about. Every time we've gotten involved somewhere in some conflict, it's because we were asked to. Lately, when Boko Haram kidnapped and killed a bunch of people, the President of Nigeria came right out and even said that the United States needs to help Nigeria. Not Europe, the United States. And when we decide we're going to sit something out, mainly because we're sick of getting crap when we're doing what the rest of the world is expecting us to do, and let the rest of the nations take some responsibility in the mission of the United Nations, nothing happens. Europe's too busy arguing about soccer and worrying about what the US is doing. And when they do actually do something, it's because the US said something first and Europe is jumping on the bandwagon. If the rest of the world paid attention to what the rest of the world is doing to itself as much as they pay attention to what the US is doing, the world would be a much nicer place, I'm just saying. Granted, there's been some exceptions, like when France intervened in Mali, and when Egypt tried to broker a peace deal to stop the Israelis and Palestinians from blowing each other up. That's what the United Nations is supposed to do. Also, I'll be the first to say that the recent war in Iraq had no reasoning for it, there was no reason for it to happen, but also before we left we spent billions of dollars of our own money setting them up for success, only to have them run at the first gunshot.

Oh, and if the US "meddles", let me remind you that we learned from the best: Great Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Italy, Spain, and, ahem, The Netherlands. You have a much longer history of "meddling" than we do. So check yourself.

what do you expect from countries i.e. Iran/Iraq etc etc that have been culturlly 'Stagnant and Repressed' for the last 500-700 years ? if it wasnt for the oil there (lets face it , theres f*ck all else there) theyed be 'prime' nuke fodder by now 

The fact of the matter is that Muslim extremism as we know it is a recent thing, and only started coming about during the Cold War. When Christians were busy killing each other for being the wrong type of Christian, the Muslim world was busy advancing science and mathematics. Go ahead and Google pictures of women in Afghanistan in the 60s, you'll be surprised. 

• Like 1