Hardest WaW Mission on Veteran?

Hardest WaW Mission on veteran?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. Which level did you find the most difficult on veteran?

• Semper Fi
    • Little Resistance
    • Hard Landing
    • Vendetta
    • Their Land, Their Blood
    • Burn 'em Out
    • Relentless
    • Blood and Iron
    • Ring of Steel
    • Eviction
    • Black Cats
    • Blowtorch & Corkscrew
    • Breaking Point
    • Heart of the Reich
    • Downfall

I dont know why, but i found Heart of the Reich pretty easy even when i missed one Flak 88 with panzerschreck so i had to destroy three of them manually- it was pretty easy ,but i guess i was just lucky  :D for some reason i found downfall the hardest, because i just couldnt get past the first area  :|

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just began and got my first WaW mission done on veteran. And most of the second mission... This part was EASY. I think upcoming missions could be harder. However, there are way harder games out there. When it comes to CoD I guess the BO1 eastereggs, BO1 campaign (possibly) are harder and to be honest the "Black Ops: Declassified" on PS VITA seems to have a clearly harder campaign. The last mission was even challenge on the regular level... Mostly because of the bad controls. AW is pretty easy except Decent and Carrier ee's. But Black Ops 3 isn't a walk in the park either. But as I understood it's because the mulitplayer trophies are crazy to grind. The easteregg is really crazy (but without a trophy) and make pack a punch at round 1 (hidden trophy) is really badass. I won't say WaW would be easy to plat... but sometimes it feels a bit overrated. Just like Tranzit... Tranzit is not easy. But not the hardest ee in CoD for sure...

Edited by A-Rebirth

• 1 year later...

I remember spending almost a whole day trying to do Burn 'em Out. I didn't have as much trouble with Heart of the Reich (grenades galore, but I'd gotten used to it by that point). I thought Downfall was worse, there was one part in the last area (before planting the flag or whatever) that I really struggled on. Weirdly I don't remember Relentless at all. Maybe I had a stroke from the stress or something. :)

Edited by Charizarzar
Spelt grenades wrong, couldn’t deal with it
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Heart of the Reich. Probably spent a day and a half just trying to get to the second set of Flak 88s. It was full of cheap deaths that you couldn't do anything about due to the grenade spamming. The easiest part was probably the stair section at the end. Never again, though.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I just beat the game on Veteran difficulty. These are the missions that gave me trouble:

4th mission: Vendetta (only the sniping section)
6th mission: Burn 'em Out (the whole mission is hard)
7th mission: Relentless (the whole mission is hard)
13th mission: Breaking Point (there is one checkpoint at the end of the mission which is annoying as hell)
14th mission: Heart of the Reich (the part where you have to blow up four Flak 88s is insane, luckily you have three checkpoints as you progress through this section)
15th mission: Downfall (first and last checkpoints)

I would say Burn 'em Out, Relentless and Heart of the Reich are the hardest missions of the game. I spent one and a half hours just trying to finish each of them. The other missions that I did not mentioned here, I have nothing to complain about. They were either pretty straightforward or did not give me trouble at all.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

i think reich was the hardest because i didnt know how to advance my players at the end, and if i went up to far that column kept falling on me and killing me.

the most important thing i figured out was trigger points. it seems there are different points that make your men advance. if you sit back and keep shooting there will be a endless amount of enemies. what i found was i run up to a trigger point, take cover for a second if im hit, watch my men on the map start coming towards me and run away before 100 grenades come at me. there seemed to be only the last section in reich where you had to just wait it out for 5 minutes before your commander said follow me and thats when you had to go forward. and one or 2 other spots. but mainly i found the last few levels my best best was running to points i found that triggered my ai to move forward. the first section in downfall was ridiculous but i ran and dove to the left and crawled to a checkpoint and after that it was fairly easy. burn em out originally made me quit the game 10 years ago. but i replayed it from the beginning and learned the patterns and spawns and trigger points. the last section i spammed smoke and flames. i died alot but finally made it. after that i felt like i could do the rest. oh and the level where the people come out of the ground in the beginning of the map was super annoying. the amount of grenade spamming was stupid. the 4 AA guns i realized it was best to run around like a maniac. after the first 2 guns i would run left, then backwards to avoid grenades, run left again throw a grenade, duck, and this time move up to the left corner in front of me one more knotch. this made my ai advance again. and then i went backwards behind the car or tank. if no grenades or bleeding was happening i would hurl a grenad forwards into the right side building and run into there. but you have to be careful of 2 or 3 cheap ai enemies who run in fast and kill you from in front or behind. alot of it is luck based and patience.

Ah the memories I have with WaW back in the days ? 

Voted Blowtorch and Corkscrew. Didn’t struggle too much with Heart of the Reich tbh. Relentless is also another one I struggled with beside the one I voted. This game on veteran is more annoying than hard, the key is to keep your cool. I will admit the nade spamming can be pretty ridiculous at times.

• 2 months later...

1. Relentless

2. Burn em' out

3. Blowtorch + Corkscrew(Beginning)

4. Downfall(First room)

5. Their land, their blood

The cave sections were the most annoying part of the game and they barely even had any grenades. The damn type 99 guys would melt you before you could even prefire them and the checkpoints were sparse. The grenade spam on their land, their blood was worse than any other mission. HM: HOTR. really tough, but it was the only mission besides semper fi where I didn't even die.

• 1 month later...

Burn em out was difficult and took  2-3 hrs to get through, but I didnt know real hell, real rage until the god damn grenade spamming on Heart of the Reich and Downfall.  Absolute nightmare.  Almost lost another controller in the ordeal, lol, but this one said "nah son, I survive!"

• 9 months later...

Burn Em' Out & Heart Of The Reich

I'm not exactly sure how long it took me to complete the entire campaign, but when I would sit down and buckle in. I could typically smash through a couple missions. I believe the first day I started VET I made it to Burn Em' Out within like 3 hours or so (dying a lot) and this was the mission that made me retire for the day. And took two days to get past it. 

Heart Of The Reich on the other hand, isn't so much hard but more just BS. I literally and constantly felt cheated. Taking out the flak guns and the raining grenades was some of the most heart pounding shit I've done in a video game. Like holy crap man. Plus, I remember Heart Of The Reich was kinda the same issue I had w/ Burn Em Out. I was on a nice flow, getting through the levels then bam stuck on this level for roughly 2 days. What also pissed me off was I got through half of it, and had to take a break. Then the next day, I guess my save didn't transpire well and I had to start the entire level over again...

Because of how hard this game was and how much I love it. Its def, my most proud Platinum lol

• Like 1

Heart of the Reich was the worst. When you reach the big open area where you need to plant charges on 4 artillery batteries, this shit was more of a patience and luck test than it is just a Veteran playthrough. The grenade spamming was one issue I was already annoyed with, but the fact that I quickly run out of ammo against what feels like infinitely spawning enemies was just a nightmare. I’ve died so many times before finally getting a checkpoint on the second battery, but that section was the worst amount of fuckery I would ever put up with. But what pissed me off the most was that even my teammates and Reznov himself felt SO… FUCKING… USELESS!! I’m used to that from other cod titles, but they don’t help make an effort on killing the enemies coming my way or even attempt to push up. They always expect me to push up for them, turning into target practice as a consequence. At the end of the day, I was SO glad to finally beat that pain in the ass mission. Never in Gods name do I wanna do that mission again.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Heart of the Reich was the worst. When you reach the big open area where you need to plant charges on 4 artillery batteries, this shit was more of a patience and luck test than it is just a Veteran playthrough. The grenade spamming was one issue I was already annoyed with, but the fact that I quickly run out of ammo against what feels like infinitely spawning enemies was just a nightmare. I’ve died so many times before finally getting a checkpoint on the second battery, but that section was the worst amount of fuckery I would ever put up with. But what pissed me off the most was that even my teammates and Reznov himself felt SO… FUCKING… USELESS!! I’m used to that from other cod titles, but they don’t help make an effort on killing the enemies coming my way or even attempt to push up. They always expect me to push up for them, turning into target practice as a consequence. At the end of the day, I was SO glad to finally beat that pain in the ass mission. Never in Gods name do I wanna do that mission again.

Next month will be 10 years since I got the platinum, and I can't believe I never commented on this thread. Like you mentioned Heart of the Reich was the toughest mission for me. It took me all of a Saturday to just plant those 4 charges. I remember it so well. There were other parts that I had some trouble with but this was worse. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm halfway into this and.. oof... the freaking nades for real ?. I don't get stuck that long but some parts are a pain to pass. I have yet to try HotR but burn em' up and relentless wasn't that hard tbh, took just over 1h for both. It's frustrating tho' ?

Edit 1: Blowtorch and Corckscrew was a much bigger pain than Burn em' up and relentless ?‍?

Edit 2: Finally got to HoTR, took me 2hours, hardest part wasn't the flak 88 it was the freaking part after that at the end ?

Edited by Kulzyc
Did more missions

• 2 weeks later...

Relentless, Blowtorch, and Heart of the Reich were all ridiculously hard. The rest of the game was easy enough for me.

Heart was made even more difficult for me because for a while I didn’t realize my game glitched so that germans were spawning faster than I could kill them. Grenades were at my feet every second or two. I had to restart the level and that seemed to fix the issue. Glad I watched others play the level because it just didn’t feel right, even for that pain in the ass level.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 1:12 AM, Nightwing2113 said:

Relentless, Blowtorch, and Heart of the Reich were all ridiculously hard. The rest of the game was easy enough for me.

Heart was made even more difficult for me because for a while I didn’t realize my game glitched so that germans were spawning faster than I could kill them. Grenades were at my feet every second or two. I had to restart the level and that seemed to fix the issue. Glad I watched others play the level because it just didn’t feel right, even for that pain in the ass level.

Def agree reich was just a madhouse but man did I love the story for this cod 

• Like 2