Don't Bother With This Mess of a Game

After The Rain

After a few frustrating days attempting to plat Young Justice I must say it's one of the worst games I've played on the PS3 due to the lack of effort made by the developers on the dull graphics and gameplay, dumb AI partners & no patch support to fix the freezing issues. If you install the patch it breaks the YJ Challenges that are required for the plat (and from what I've heard the online multiplayer as well), it's impossible to access them with the patch, they will constantly freeze just as you choose one, the only way around it is to delete the patch and your game save and start all over (which I did). The single player is a unavoidable mess of freezing issues during loading screens and just as your about to complete a level. I'd guess that the game froze around 50 times during my two playthroughs (sometimes back to back). If your a comic book fan like myself then pass on Young Justice Legacy, as you'll just be left disappointed and frustrated, wondering why you wasted your time on such a poor excuse for a game.

• Like 2

I feel the same way but I managed t get the platinum. It froze worse than Fallout 3. I deleted the patch. The story was terrible. I loved the show and was excited to be able to see what happened between S1 & S2 but I stopped paying attention halfway through. Never been this disappointed in a game before. I still love the show and miss it.

Is it worst then Batman: Arkham Origins?

It's much worse then Origins, Young Justice has no redeemable qualities about it, it's boring, the graphics are non-existent, various glitches and freezing issues. It shouldn't have been released in this state, it feels unfinished and rushed. It's odd to me that Warner Bros. & DC have such high standards when it comes to the Arkham franchise & Injustice, but they give the Young Justice project to Freedom Factory Studios who have done such blockbusters as Street Rod, Kick Ass 2: The Game & Bloodbath. What an absolute joke, they make the guys who did Ride To Hell look like competent devs.

I feel the same way but I managed t get the platinum. It froze worse than Fallout 3. I deleted the patch. The story was terrible. I loved the show and was excited to be able to see what happened between S1 & S2 but I stopped paying attention halfway through. Never been this disappointed in a game before. I still love the show and miss it.

It's a real shame that the Young Justice game didn't get the same treatment as the television series. How you can make a game based off DC characters boring, just blows my mind.

I have a few tips for the few that decide to attempt to platinum the game:

- DO NOT install the patch, if you do it's impossible to platinum, play it completely offline without any patches.

- Whenever you can pick her, use Artemis, her R2 + O is killer, especially when upgraded, she makes the challenges a breeze by killing multiple enemies at once. Make that ability a priority to upgrade.

- I learned this the hard way but adding a 2nd controller near the end of a level actually counts towards co-op levels completed, I played the entire game legit with 2 controllers but the Gotham Docks was very frustrating to do alone and it kept freezing midway (and it was the last level I needed to do in co-op). I decided to press START at the final wave of enemies and when the level ended the trophy popped, so don't waste time like myself.

- Complete Hard Mode first, then at the main menu go to options and switch the difficulty to Normal to make the challenges much easier. I personally used a team of Artemis, Nightwing & Superboy to beat all 6 challenges.

- For the "Art Preservation Society" trophy, use 3 controllers (if you have them). It makes life much easier and guarantees that the AI partners won't destroy any of the statues (which they did to me on 3 attempts).

- "Srewoprepus!" will most likely be the last trophy you earn for the plat, but make sure you do all the hero abilities on real enemies or they won't count. I'd suggest the level where your defending Superman/vault as it takes around 3-4 minutes to beat.

Edited by After The Rain
  • Like 1

Is it worth getting this for like 5 euro or is it just that broken

Since I'm here to the spread the word on how awful the game is, I'd say no, unless you like being bored and enjoy resetting your Playstation a lot. The game doesn't deserve anyone's attention, nor should they profit off it regardless of how cheap it is.

For the record, I paid $20 for the retail version. It got off to a bad start when I loaded the game up for the first time and it froze as I hit New Game. Although it's not perfect by any means, I'd recommend Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 instead.

Edited by After The Rain

Since I'm here to the spread the word on how awful the game is, I'd say no, unless you like being bored and enjoy resetting your Playstation a lot. The game doesn't deserve anyone's attention, nor should they profit off it regardless of how cheap it is.For the record, I paid $20 for the retail version. It got off to a bad start when I loaded the game up for the first time and it froze as I hit New Game. Although it's not perfect by any means, I'd recommend Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 instead.

Thanks for the warning I can't find ultimate alliance on ps3 where I am for less than 30 which is too much for me

• 3 months later...