I can't sign in to my PSN account

leonhardyhardy

I'm not sure whether the last attack was DDOS or not, i think they just took the servers offline.

Ah, well that must have been more serious then. I just don't understand why people are annoyed at Sony for, they didn't asked to be flooded. The free games thing, I doubt will happen considering the small time frame it was resolved on the PS3 and maybe Vita (ain't checked yet.) but not the PS4. 

• Like 1

The last outage was a ddos followed by a database hack. This is just a bunch of kids who can't find twesers and a magnifying glassto calm down their hormones so decide to attack random sites/servers.

Anywho, the one night I could actually play online is now buggered so I guess I'll just carry on some SP

accidentally signed out and can't sign back in. can I still get trophies and then put them on my psn when everything's sorted?

Of course.  Trophy data including unlock time and date is stored locally.  All trophies you earn are stored on your own machine.  Until the network is up you simply cannot sync trophies to the main server, allowing updates here, or play online.  Having said that I am in the UK and am currently connected to PSN updating trophies as we speak so either the attack only hit certain servers rather than the full network or Sony have fixed it.

DDoS is blockable only once the I.P. which is sending the overflow of data to crash the servers is known. Anyone can get DDoS'ed. It's not Sony's fault just the little jealous PC nerds who are looking for attention. Plot twist - Microsoft is behind it.

All i want to know with this ps4 ... can i get trophies even if i am offline and will they be saved=?

Yes you can, they will be saved to your console and you can sync them to the PSN when it's back up. 

Remember when there were somewhat routinely PSN maintenance "check-ups" but after awhile they were not as common and now that Sony announced maintenance, this happened. They should have just kept the maintenance going ( even if alot of people complained but atleast you knew it was maintenance and you were still able to enjoy most online services as long as you signed in a few days earlier ) Hope everything works out!

The point in this thread is, WHEN THE HELL IS SONY BUYING A INTERNET SECURITY?!!!!

I though they learned in 2011 with the 1 month PSN Takedown but no, they didn't and they didn't get security. Damnit Sony, this is how you LOSE a war.

You can't block this. DDoS is just a bucket load of data that clogged up the servers, causing it to crash. Like a toilet as such. The only way to stop it is to ban the I.P. Address in which Sony had no clue of unless they can tell the future. Now they have blocked it, they can pump out the data to a steady flow. 

• Like 1

You can't block this. DDoS is just a bucket load of data that clogged up the servers, causing it to crash. Like a toilet as such. The only way to stop it is to ban the I.P. Address in which Sony had no clue of unless they can tell the future. Now they have blocked it, they can pump out the data to a steady flow. 

Oh, okay. Thanks for the Info!