The Next Yakuza Game Is Called Yakuza Zero

Goro

The only new detail we have right now about the next game in the Yakuza series is its name — Yakuza Zero — and a promise that more will be shared at Tokyo Game Show in September.

Yakuza Zero is being developed for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Unfortunately for western Yakuza fans, that means there's no information on whether this will be available in their regions. The past two Yakuza games, Yakuza Restoration from earlier this year and Yakuza 5 in late 2012, have not been released in the west.

Edited by Goro

Judging by the name, it sounds like Zero may take place before Yakuza 1, i always thought it would be interesting to see more about the earlier stages of Kazuma Kiryu's life, it's just a shame i probably won't see more because Sega won't localize it.

You'll be Like a rabid raccoon over this game I just know it :D

Yeah it's just a shame i'll never actually get to play it because Sega would much prefer to feed us more generic Sonic games instead of actually giving us the games we want.

Judging by the name, it sounds like Zero may take place before Yakuza 1, i always thought it would be interesting to see more about the earlier stages of Kazuma Kiryu's life, it's just a shame i probably won't see more because Sega won't localize it.

Yeah it's just a shame i'll never actually get to play it because Sega would much prefer to feed us more generic Sonic games instead of actually giving us the games we want.

If sega listened to fans we would probably have a new system , A new Virtua Fighter , House of The Dead 5 , Yakuza and phantasy star games in the west and Shenmue 3

Yeah when I saw the title of the game I thought this is probably a prequel, then again the zero could mean zero chance of a western release dood :(

• Like 1

If sega listened to fans we would probably have a new system , A new Virtua Fighter , House of The Dead 5 , Yakuza and phantasy star games in the west and Shenmue 3

& Valkyria Chronicles 3. I don't think a new system would be necessary because they understandably can't take that risk but according to figures there's almost a guaranteed profit for Yakuza 5 yet they still won't localize it or even give us a valid reason as to why.

Haven't play Valakryia Chronicles O_O

I actually haven't either but i know many people who are dying for Valkryia Chronicles 3 just as much as i am for Yakuza 5.

The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that Sega won't even give us a reason, they just say "no" and that's that.

I actually haven't either but i know many people who are dying for Valkryia Chronicles 3 just as much as i am for Yakuza 5.

The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that Sega won't even give us a reason, they just say "no" and that's that.

I hate how all they want is sonic and not even new games. I bet you if they imported there games from Japan they would have a lot of sales from fans

I hate how all they want is sonic and not even new games. I bet you if they imported there games from Japan they would have a lot of sales from fans

All they seem to give us now besides Sonic is tactical games such as Football Manager & Company of Heroes.

Yakuza Zero is being developed for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

This makes me happy. :)

Unfortunately for western Yakuza fans, that means there's no information on whether this will be available in their regions. The past two Yakuza games, Yakuza Restoration from earlier this year and Yakuza 5 in late 2012, have not been released in the west.

This makes me sad. :(

• Like 4

I actually did like Sonic Racing All Stars Transformed and Sonic 4 ep 1 and 2 dood

I'm not saying Sonic is a bad game but Sega have just become too dependent on it in the western market, if they lost Sonic then Sega of America would crumble to the ground. Why does Japan get all the good stuff while all we get is a hedgehog shoved down our throats?

Edited by Goro
  • Like 1

I'm not saying Sonic is a bad game but Sega have just become too dependent on it in the western market, if they lost Sonic then Sega of America would crumble to the ground. Why does Japan get all the good stuff while all we get is a hedgehog shoved down our throats?

Well because the kids are the reason of the sales. I doubt some 8 year old would actually give a fuck about yakuza or Valkyria Chronicles but They would look at the cover and think sonic is fun and all that crap

What baffles me is that they will bring over a game like Project Diva F when there is no guarantee that it will do well but they won't bring over something like Yakuza that will do well. I don't understand why they won't even just make it digital only here since that would be cheeper. Its not like it would be all that taxing to localize it, all they need to do is add subtitles and change the text into english. I think what make me mad the most is that they won't just come out and say that they are not bringing it to the west and act like there may still be a chance when I think everyone has given up on that by now. 

next news coming on 28/08 I can`t wait :D

EDIT:

rumor

Yakuza 0 is set in December 1988 Kamurocho, Tokyo and Soutenbori, Osaka, this week’s Famitsu reveals. 

The protagonists are 20-year-old Kazuma Kiryu and 24-year-old Majima Goro. Kiryu works as a bill collector under the Tojo Clan’s Dojima Family. Goro, on the other hand, is a cabaret club manager who turned a spot that was on the verge of closing into the most popular club in Soutenbori.
The events of Yakuza 0 are directly connected to the events of the original Yakuza. Thus, many characters from the original will appear in the upcoming prequel.
Yakuza 0 is in development for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. A release date is still to be announced.
Edited by MaSaNoSuKe

I just bought Famitsu and I have a few more details about the story:

As the rumors said the story will be placed in December 1988 at Kamurocho and Soutenbori.

In that period there was a fight to get the contract to build the Milleium Tower.

An evening, Kiryu collects money from a person that suddently get murdered.

Tojo-kai suspect the killer was Kiryu and they point the spearhead to Kazama too.

To protect him, Kiryu decide to leave Doujima-gumi, but...

In the meantime, Majima lives in Osaka and manage a Cabaret Club in Soutenbori under Oumirengo protection.

Majima is hiding himself from Tojo-kai (you know the reason if you played Yakuza 4), but he still dream about go back into yakuza.

One day he receive an offer, he can return into yakuza if he kills a person...