Old model or slim?

MrManBuz

Depends if you want quality over quantity. 

I personally just bought a portable battery/charger. So it's no worries when the battery does die, that way, the 1 hour extra battery life on the slim is invalid. 

So if you're interested in taking it on long trips and the less weight/bag space taken the better, then go for slim and the extra life.

If extra weight is no problem, buy the old model and a portable charger.  

Plus the old model is cheaper, especially if you go the preowned/refurbished route.

Off topic but I love the quote in your sig, George Carlin was the fucking man.  

• Like 1

I just got a vita for the first time last month...I went with the older model instead of the slim and really like it. The image is really clear and colorful, which is what i heard was lacking in the newer slim model. It seems to drain after like three hours when it's mostly charged.

I've been able to get through a 6 1/2 hour plane flight playing non stop on a fully charged Vita with the OLED screen without charging. If you're going to be playing all day, every day with it, you'll probably charging it at the end of the day because it's not meant to be binge-played like a PS3. If you put in a couple hours a day toward game playing, you'll probably be satisfied with the battery life of the original model Vita.

I've been able to get through a 6 1/2 hour plane flight playing non stop on a fully charged Vita with the OLED screen without charging. If you're going to be playing all day, every day with it, you'll probably charging it at the end of the day because it's not meant to be binge-played like a PS3. If you put in a couple hours a day toward game playing, you'll probably be satisfied with the battery life of the original model Vita.

I agree, I am at college for most of the day. It will last almost all day, so if you are an "out and about" kind of person, new model will be for you.

I guess it's really a matter of opinion.

I have both, the old and the new version. After testing out the new model, I never touched the old one again. If you look at both screens at the same time, the old one looks a little bit better, but that's it. Everything else, the slim is better, even though battery don't really matter to me, since I'm only playing it at home at my desk.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up the new slim last week and I think the LCD looks great! I briefly considered finding an original based on user comments about OLED being visually more appealing but I'm glad I went with the slim. I actually prefer lighter and thinner tech devices.