Playstation app for iOS?

GarrisonWhite2

I can't get the Playstation app to work on my iPod touch. I can view trophies and stuff, but I can't receive messages or send them (as far as I know). Do I have to link it with my PS3 or something? Or does it only work for phones?

Lol, I've read this post and the one saying you're having issues with the Shaun White servers too.

PSN recently underwent a DDOS attack by some "hackers" and the servers crashed early yesterday morning, the servers have been slowly coming back up over that time and are probably still spotty here and there.

I can't get the Playstation app to work on my iPod touch. I can view trophies and stuff, but I can't receive messages or send them (as far as I know). Do I have to link it with my PS3 or something? Or does it only work for phones?

Message system in this app works mainly with PS4. You will only see messages sent from PS4 or PS app to you, not from PS3. Sending messages to others works fine, but again, if someone replies to you from PS3, you won't see it.

Edited by alien713

Message system in this app works mainly with PS4. You will only see messages sent from PS4 or PS app to you, not from PS3. Sending messages works fine, but again, if someone replies to you from PS3, you won't see it.

this isnt true since ive had people messaging me from mainly ps3 alot and i get my messages just fine

this isnt true since ive had people messaging me from mainly ps3 alot and i get my messages just fine

Well, sorry then, that's the way it worked last time I used it, but that was few months ago. I will test it later.

EDIT: I've sent few messages to myself from alt acc and nothing, they don't appear in app. But maybe it's just for me.

Edited by alien713

Thats probably just PSN mate....

Lol, I've read this post and the one saying you're having issues with the Shaun White servers too.

PSN recently underwent a DDOS attack by some "hackers" and the servers crashed early yesterday morning, the servers have been slowly coming back up over that time and are probably still spotty here and there.

It's been like this since I got it last week, so I don't know how much PSN has to do with it, but I don't think the hack is the problem.

Message system in this app works mainly with PS4. You will only see messages sent from PS4 or PS app to you, not from PS3. Sending messages to others works fine, but again, if someone replies to you from PS3, you won't see it.

Well, sorry then, that's the way it worked last time I used it, but that was few months ago. I will test it later.

EDIT: I've sent few messages to myself from alt acc and nothing, they don't appear in app. But maybe it's just for me.

Having an app that only has full support with the PS4 is ridiculous. Not everybody is ready to make the financial commitment yet, especially since the PS3 is still a viable option. And I know I've received messages sent from the app before (on PS3), it should work the other way around.

it is Definitely you since this was around 30 minutes ago

8B0E67D8-3BBF-4103-9C5F-0DB25A487E23_zps

Messages from a Ps3 Are Marked like shown while the Rest are Sent from Either the App, a Ps4 or a PsVita

Edited by Akira
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if these server issues could also be related to the earthquake in CA? I know the DDOS thing happened, but also I think Sony has alot of servers in CA. 

it is Definitely you since this was around 30 minutes ago

8B0E67D8-3BBF-4103-9C5F-0DB25A487E23_zps

Messages from a Ps3 Are Marked like shown while the Rest are Sent from Either the App, a Ps4 or a PsVita

Oh nice :/ Well, I didn't mention that I use android version, maybe that's the case. I thought there shouldn't be any differences.

EDIT: I see you own PS4, did you synch it with app? Maybe everything will fully work only after synch.

Edited by alien713

Does anyone know if these server issues could also be related to the earthquake in CA? I know the DDOS thing happened, but also I think Sony has alot of servers in CA. 

Not sure if they have any servers in the San Fran Bay Area or not, I think they have some servers in San Diego which is pretty far from the San Francisco area. They do have offices in that area though :P I doubt the earthquake affected Sony's servers at all though

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Oh nice :/ Well, I didn't mention that I use android version, maybe that's the case. I thought there shouldn't be any differences.

EDIT: I see you own PS4, did you synch it with app? Maybe everything will fully work only after synch.

While I did Sync Them both, I can Confirm That it worked the same whether Paired or not.

I'm Not sure about the Android Version since I don't have anything with AndroidOS(don't like them either)

Edited by Akira

Someone on PS forums:

I have a similar issue, but on an android phone.  The really weird thing is if I log in with my wife's PS3 ID, I can send and receive messages.  But if I log in to my PS3 ID, I can only send, but can't receive.  Furthermore, I have a Guest ID on my PS3, and that also can only send but not receive.  For some reason, only my wife's PS3 ID is able to receive messages.

I tried reinstalling the Playstation App, and logged in first with my PS3 ID, but it still wouldn't receive.  So then I logged in with my wife's again, and it was still receiving.  What's going on?

So it seems to be an issue with specific accounts. My privacy settings are set to everyone. Tried reinstalling app but still the same. Nevermind, I will live without it.

Edited by alien713

Not sure if they have any servers in the San Fran Bay Area or not, I think they have some servers in San Diego which is pretty far from the San Francisco area. They do have offices in that area though :P I doubt the earthquake affected Sony's servers at all though

Ah well, it was just a thought. :)

So what is it then? Can you sync an iPod? If so, how?

There's no sync option between app and PS3. Everything should fully work once you log in. Tried to google that and many people have the same problem, some even can't send messages to others. Seems like there's no known solution :(

Edited by alien713

• 3 months later...

Sorry for digging this out, but I've finally found a solution. It's simple - you need to own PS4. :facepalm:  After I logged in to PSN for the first time on my new PS4 I started to receive messages sent from PS3. I didn't even need to sync the app with my PS4.

Edited by alien713