Challenges

lumphy101

Um I hope there's more than 60 because I didn't unlock the 25% trophy at 15 so something is messed up....Im at 17/60 wtf.....

Edit: Ok unlocked at 19/60....that's 31% so that worries me....

There are 60 general challenges, but each arena has its own set of challenges.

After the DUP show up, i can't find any Hostages and mob cars :blink:

Can I finish this two challenged in Seattle later (save 10 Hostages and stop 10 mob cars)?

After you finish the story they start to show up again. Nothing is missable in this game. Edited by BoldBelmont
  • Like 1

There are 60 general challenges, but each arena has its own set of challenges.

After you finish the story they start to show up again. Nothing is missable in this game.

thx man.

I really worry about that i have to play it all over again.

I have finish 29/60 general challenges. :yay:

I found the survival arenas pretty easy, but getting to 500,000 on the hostage ones were a challenge. the challenge i had the most trouble with was "light em up" where you have to kill 50 enemies with a super bolt, which are only found in the arena (they're the blue shards that drop after you shoot the drones). I didn't pay much attention to those shards for awhile, so i had a lot left over.

Edited by katniss1444

Do the arena scores for 500,000 Diamond look hard? I'm almost done with the story and haven't had time to mess around in the arena much and get scores.

Upgrade your homing missiles and keep running between neon sources and 500k becomes trivial. I use nothing but homing missiles and singularity and easily break 500k.

Light 'em up! Challenge..how do I use a super bolt??

When you're in the arena you will see these white turret looking icons on the map. You can shoot them and drain the shard for a power up.

Purple: Invulnerability

Green: Unlimited finishes

Yellow: Multiplier boost

Blue: Super bolt

They're all timed; but with super bolt it seems to be more "x amount of shots" than "number of secs". Once you've got a super bolt (when you pick up a power up it will tell you which one it is) use L2 to slow everything down and start shooting. Don't go nuts, or you'll waste your ammo. For almost all the enemies, a super bolt is a one hit kill, so you should be able to get 8-10 kills every time if you're lucky. Super bolts are the most rare of the power ups, and personally, I noticed them only in the earlier rounds.

After the DUP show up, i can't find any Hostages and mob cars :blink:

Can I finish this two challenged in Seattle later (save 10 Hostages and stop 10 mob cars)?

You can actually use the hostages in the rescue mode in the arena to get that challenge complete. 

I found waiting for the people held up in Seattle to take too much time.

Please note that ALL CHALLENGES BELOW THE CUT OFF can be obtained in the arena.

ONLY THE TOP PART OF THE LIST IS AREA SPECIFIC. 

Hopefully that will help you guys out some

Thanks for the missile tips. They made arena lots of easier.

Rescue missisons aren't too bad. Just make sure that you go immediately to the rescue area when you are able to see it in your minimap. And be careful with your missiles. Also, it might be good idea to get the skill that converts an enemy to your side when you hit its weak spots.

The challenges i'm stuck on are: Knock 10 enemies off a platform. Knock 30 enemies off a platform. And Kill 5 soldiers using an airborne ammo crate. I have 6 of the required 30 for the first two. No idea how I got them. Also the airborne ammo crate is a pain in the ass. Half the time it spawns and lands on the ground before any soldiers spawn. Somebody please help.

The challenges i'm stuck on are: Knock 10 enemies off a platform. Knock 30 enemies off a platform. And Kill 5 soldiers using an airborne ammo crate. I have 6 of the required 30 for the first two. No idea how I got them. Also the airborne ammo crate is a pain in the ass. Half the time it spawns and lands on the ground before any soldiers spawn. Somebody please help.

I had the same problem if you shoot the crates with the singularity blast it knocks them into the air and then you can shoot them

I did in on the beta survival in the first few waves