Is The Rise of Tomb Raider coming to PS4?

Even if it does come to the PS4, the damage has already been done.  Because of this announcement, a lot of people won't buy the game, at least not new.  Folks will buy the game at either a discount price or not pay anything for it to play it.  If they seriously think they're going to compete with Uncharted, they're sadly mistaken.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-a-timed-exclusive-on-xbox

Here it says that it is a TIMED exclusive, so it will come to ps4 and pc later, xbox will just get it sooner

Just because it's timed doesn't mean it's coming.

I would love, honestly, to see RotTR on the PS4. TR is my favourite franchise, but most of M$'s timed exclusives seem to only release on PC afterwards, i.e Dead Island 3 or whatever it was called.

I don't care anymore, chances are I won't be able to afford it after winter next year anyway. CD and SE shot themselves in the foot with this decision, then they tried to heal it by jamming a knife in wound, which is what these past few 'statements' have been. There needs to be a law about this really, this is misinformation, either it's  EXCLUSIVE or it is NOT EXCLUSIVE. Sony were extremely clear about what's timed and whats not at their conference, even the small shit like Destiny dlc. 

• Like 3

When was that confirmed? They've never specifically said it will, and I doubt they will ever say that. It may just release on PC for all we know.

By the fact it hasn't been confirmed it isn't coming it's reasonable to assume it will, they're a business and their aim is to make as much money as possible, whatever MS offered them was obviously more than what they predicted they'd make if they turned down their offer and made it multiplatform out the gate. It'll get a PC/PS4 release a year later I'd say, that's what seems most likely.

Even if it does come to the PS4, the damage has already been done.  Because of this announcement, a lot of people won't buy the game, at least not new.  Folks will buy the game at either a discount price or not pay anything for it to play it.  If they seriously think they're going to compete with Uncharted, they're sadly mistaken.

I know I won't be buying new and the last tomb raider was was one of my favourite games of last gen

Well, it's not like us xbox users ain't getting the same treatment with Destiny. 

Well, it's not like us xbox users ain't getting the same treatment with Destiny. 

Destiny is different. It's a brand new IP.

Other than the very early days of TR, TR has been established as a cross-platform game that you could enjoy on whatever console (even the Wii got TR: Anniversary and the DS got Tomb Raider: Legend). Now it's suddenly exclusive. Even if it is timed, it's pretty damn shameful that they would do this to something as established as Tomb Raider.

Well if it comes out on the PS4 I'm buying used, If not, I'll buy it used, on disc for PC lol.

I won't support a company that fucks over half of its fans. ;)

Or I may just never play it, because fuck those guys. :awesome:  

• Like 1

Well if it comes out on the PS4 I'm buying used, If not, I'll buy it used, on disc for PC lol.

I won't support a company that fucks over half of its fans. ;)

Or I may just never play it, because fuck those guys. :awesome:  

I'm a little worried by the amount of people saying this.

Yes, Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics fucked us over. Yes, I was pissed off when it was announced, and I still am. But I love Tomb Raider, and I want to show my support to the franchise, not the company. TR 2013 didn't sell well in SE's eyes, and if it continues to do 'poorly' in their view, then they may just drop the series altogether. I really, really wouldn't want that, so I'll be supporting the franchise by buying it new.