Would you pay for Yakuza 1-4 HD on the Vita? (RIP Yakuza in the west)

DatYandereGirl

If SEGA or whoever brought this up at the next big Sony event...

Would you play Yakuza 1-4 in HD or using the PS2 graphics? I'd be all for it, and I'd love to see more Yakuza in general on PS3/PS4 and Vita. 

We would assume SEGA will release it ONLY on the PS4/Vita via digital only. 

Any Yakuza that had English VAs wouldn't carry this in the 'new' version made from the ground up. A brand new translation or even a better translation would be considered and possibly passed on to the localization team.

Edit: Welp, I looked at the sales for the latest Yakuza and it's looking verrrry slim... 

RIP Yakuza in the west. 

Edited by DatYandereGirl

Maybe but I don't want ports. I want new games like Gravity Rush 2 or Wipeout or A new Sequel to resistance burning skies

Good, I do too. I just was trying to garner some kinda support for this just to see how people would react. What if it was brand new up from the ground and exclusive to PS4/Vita? No ports, text only, etc.

Since I never played Yakuza before this could be a potential buy

One of them had English voice acting.. I think we'd be fine without it honestly

Nope

GTA > Yakuza

GTA games just aren't as good to me as Yakuza was. 

Edit: Okay..besides GTA: SA and GTA: Vice City..

Edited by DatYandereGirl

One of them had English voice acting.. I think we'd be fine without it honestly

GTA games just aren't as good to me as Yakuza was. 

Edit: Okay..besides GTA: SA and GTA: Vice City..

Yakuza would have been a bigger success in the western xountries if it were published by EA or Activision

• Like 1

Yakuza would have been a bigger success in the western xountries if it were published by EA or Activision

Probably so, yes... :( I still loved the games

I would love it if the Yakuza games were released on the Vita, but I would prefer it if the 1 & 2 HD collection, 5 & Ishin were to all be localised first.

Oh, wait..They were/are doing an HD collection of the first 2? Well, that'd be a great start. I wish we could convince 'em to bring it over to the west.

I buy mature games on Vita (though I prefer Western games) and would surely pick it up as well. But yeah, I'd take a GTA on Vita at any point in time ;-) Beats me why R* still hasn't ported even just the iOS versions of GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas to Vita. Easy money.

If I remember correctly, there was a Yakuza spin off for the PSP that was never localised. If they made a sequel for that spin-off but for the PS Vita then I would totally get it (with english subs)!

Edited by xWinson

Oh, wait..They were/are doing an HD collection of the first 2? Well, that'd be a great start. I wish we could convince 'em to bring it over to the west.

The HD collection of 1 & 2 was released in Japan in Nov 2012. It's looking less and less likely that SEGA will be localising any more Yakuza games as the sales haven't been that great. Also the last game they did localise, which was Dead Souls, wasn't really well received, so it's probably convinced SEGA that nobody will end up buying them if they do. I still hold out hope that SEGA can be convinced otherwise though.

Pretty sure it's just someone "trolling" or whatever it's called nowadays. Otherwise, yeah..I think we solved this thread's issue...SEGA doesn't give a crap about Yakuza in the west due to poor sales.

True, I'm ready to just head downtown for the Japanese versions.

I've never played a Yakuza game but what with all the hype I'd pick up an HD collection for sure. Everybody I know who's played it treats it like God's Final Message to His Creation so I can only assume it's actually good - it's just difficult to find copies of these sorts of games in Australia, and who the hell really wants to emulate, right?

I would, loved Yakuza 4.

Not sure if serious.

Pretty sure it's just someone "trolling" or whatever it's called nowadays. Otherwise, yeah..I think we solved this thread's issue...SEGA doesn't give a crap about Yakuza in the west due to poor sales.

There is no market for Yakuza in the west with GTA around. I would be trolling if i wrote GTA < Yakuza so I'm not sure what you guys are referring to.