Do you try to get every Trophy from a game you can!?

Malfuras

I m just never giving up on any trophy ;) (i have yet to return to a few titles however) trying to play only those games which really interest me ;D when I come upon a harder platinum this is where real fun begins i enjoy it even more retry, retry, retry.... practice makes perfect :D since gaming is my hobby might as well do my best

Well, it depends on many factors: your enjoyment of the game in general, if your remaining trophies are becoming a chore, and the free time you have to continue and continue.

If i was younger i probably squeeze every second to try to get all the platinums, but now, having many things to do it's different and i learnt to get use to switch between games if it's necessary, it's like: hey,this it's not feeling fun (grinding, mp trophies). So i switch to another game get the most trophies i can, and then come back. And try to don't leave unfinished games that long, because i'm going to feel really rusty and lost hehe.

It depends. There are games which I will absolutely not give up on completing. For example Dark Souls, which is way too hard but I am determined to get its plat anyway. Then there are other games like Malicious. Which I can't, for the life of me, learn to play properly. Maybe I will man up and complete it one day, maybe not... Point is, if the game is hard because it was intended to be, please be a proud gamer and complete it. If it is a crappy game with glitches and bad controls, poorly explained mechanics, etc. Then it is up to your sense of completionism.

If you didn't know, you can grind levels in Tomb Raider solo. Start a private rescue match by yourself as a hero, change the settings to 20 minutes and 20 medkits, and then just bring the medkits back to base. You can drop them for extra XP.

On topic: I try to, because I like my overall completion % to be above 70% at least, but I usually stop. What's the point if I'll never complete it anyway? (Gran Turismo 5... :( )

I did do that up until about level 35 but got so bored of it lol I just thought, fuck this shit, as much as I loved the game I wasn't gonna be doing that for another 15 levels.

the multiplayer was way too shit to be done legit, Took me about 30 mins to find a game, hence the boosting method and like I say I got bored of it. Shame though coz I got the Underworld, Legend and Anniversary platinum a so this would of been nice

hmmm... If I can and love the game..yeah... but sometimes, no.... reasons often times are:

-MP and AdHoc trophies

-really needs almost excellent skills... *cough* KickBeat *cough*

-didn't like the game at all...

I won't go near a game if the platinum is literally unobtainable. I like the possibility of being able to reach 100% completion one day.

Yeah, I'm in this boat.  If I'm on the fence about a game, I'll peruse the trophy listing ahead of time and ensure that a particular trophy or batch of trophies won't turn me off on the entire game -- if it does, I don't buy the title in question.

That being said, I won't buy DLC just for a handful of trophies if I'm not interested in playing the game further -- e.g., Mass Effect 2.  I'm also inclined not to buy games with heavy multiplayer content, because that's the sort of thing I'm just not into.  I know myself well enough to admit that I'm anal retentive about getting the Platinum Trophy at the very least and that this will drive me to keep playing a game for a handful of trophies even if the rest of me would rather move onto another title.

That hasn't stopped me from putting titles down for a while every so often.... and I'm probably approaching that point on Rogue Legacy now and dealing with the Neo bosses because too much more in the way of epic fail might have me throwing something I'd prefer not to break one of these days.  Even if I do so, however, I'll come back in a few months with a fresh perspective and a cleared mind and take on the challenge once again.

Yes I do. I like to play one game at a time and complete it before moving on to another game. If I jumped between games I lose my groove and forget what to do next. I play games that I enjoy and not just any game to pad my count. If it wasn't for three games on my profile, I would have 100%. 

I usually play through a game until I've platinumed it. If I don't have the determination I will just put it back in the collection and move onto something different then go back.

DLC is my biggest annoyance when it comes to completion rate though, most DLCs are not worth the price so I never bother.

Nice input guys and gals. Thanks!

Dont give up Malfuras, the only thing preventing you from your platinum is your determination

I'd like to consider myself quite determined but I die alot when playing games, Give me a Trophy that asks you to not die and I run screaming for the exit!

I pretty much get as many trophies as I can if I can't get Plat. At least for A rank here on PST.

About the ranks on PSNProfiles, how are they worked out!? I've got games that have given me an A rank at about 12%. 

Well, it depends on many factors: your enjoyment of the game in general, if your remaining trophies are becoming a chore, and the free time you have to continue and continue.

If i was younger i probably squeeze every second to try to get all the platinums, but now, having many things to do it's different and i learnt to get use to switch between games if it's necessary, it's like: hey,this it's not feeling fun (grinding, mp trophies). So i switch to another game get the most trophies i can, and then come back. And try to don't leave unfinished games that long, because i'm going to feel really rusty and lost hehe.

This is me in a nutshell. I try to finish up games before moving onto new ones but there are many factors that mean I tend to have several on the go at once. I'm a family man so games played during the day need to be child friendly and pauseable. Local co-op games are fun to play with my wife so there's several of those on the go. I have a couple of Vita games on the go at once purely because Uncharted needs to be heard and getting some peace in this house is hard work! 

yes mate, I eventually get the plat of everything I touch.  surrender is not a option for me, if I don't know then I learn, if I fail then I retry "analyzing" the mistake I did & avoid it so it wont happens again.  Never surrender on what u do no matter how hard it is :P the price hardwork gives is always amazing :D

I commend your commitment and completely agree. That being said I know how far my skills will take me and I have to use the limited time I have to enjoy the games I play instead of getting caught in an endless cycle of death!

He's no casul u know.

As for me, i have some problems buying games i know i'll never plat, but i also don't insist of platting every game i have. I've been playing some MK9 and UMvC3 for the last few days, both games i've pretty much written off as unobtainable, but i still had lots of fun going for some of the other trophies regardless. In fact, it's kinda refreshing to play a game without putting myself under pressure trying to get all trophies, i feel that's what ruined Metro Last Light for me.

So far I haven't avoided a game because of it's Trophies. I don't tend to look at the list until I first sync my Trophies from a new game. I quite like my imperfect profile. That being said there are alot of titles on there that I would love to get rid of because I just have no interest in them and would rather not have had them added on. But hey we have to try these games don't we!? 

I agree sometimes the hunt for Trophies can spoil a games enjoyment. Too many times I've spent time going after a Trophy and all sense of fun was long since forgotten. 

In regards to my original post, Muramasa Rebirth will be on the shelf for a very very long time as it got removed from my Vita to make way for something new. Did I give any consideration to the save being deleted too!? No I did not. Got used to swapping games about on my PS4 and not losing anything, Whoops!

Whether the servers are up or not, I have yet to touch online. I hate playing against anyone, nor am I confident enough in my skills to show them to anyone else. Or want to do those grinds I hear about to reach a few trophies. Offline I don't mind. At least I get items and money. I'm not spending my time between work pointlessly grinding for nothing but a few trophies. Those plats will likely forever be lost for me. But I do try to get the other trophies, so long as I'm in the mood to play the game. My moods to play certain games vary monthly. My plan is to focus on the stories, than put them aside to play other games that interest me and go back to them periodically to work on trophies. Hence my plats are at one. That one was The Walking Dead Season 1.

• At least for me i always aim to get the  :platinum: and the 100% if there are DLC.

If there are people who got the  :platinum: of the game i'm playing, this motivates me to try to get it.

I don't give up easily,i remember there is a :platinum:  waiting for me to be earn by me.

Also the trophies are good challenges, so this also motivates me.

I have been in the same situation as you a couple of time before, although I have usually managed to compel myself to complete the list.

So far there are only two games in which I have tried to get 100% in and have given up 1. Killzone 2 (Mass of online trophies and the Radec fight on elite) and 2. Vanquish (I just cannot complete all of the tactical challenges, I haven't even unlocked the sixth one as I have not completed number 4.)

My advice to you is to perceiver for as long as you can.

you shoulda added a vote. would be nice to see maybe what the % is. but then people could always vote the opposite... anyways I would like to care more, so my "profile" look a bit nicer. I try to get as much trophies from teh games i play as much as possible but Idk i get too distracted sometimes.. ok most of the times. Also I would think that most would care here.... this is a trophie hunting kinda site/community right? or are we here for the girls?