Hopefully this will set us on a path towards a future where full Dragon Quest games are released on the PS4. Also, I'm still holding out for a fully fledged Monster Hunter game on the current gen consoles.

wat...

most jap RPG dont come to the west so just in-port the game like we do for every RPG.

Someone got a hold of the character artist from Chrono Trigger to do their concept art, it looks like.

It's actually the same person that's done all the Dragon Quest games (and Dragon Ball and Blue Dragon on Xbox 360), Akira Toriyama. Though they did do Chrono Trigger too so that's probably why it looks the same lol.

Edited by BooneJusticius

I guess you're right, but I was excited for a full console Draon Quest and this is a disappointment for me.

4GamerNews tweets the reveal of the upcoming PS4/PS3 Dragon Quest Heroes game with a Musou!? at the front of the topic. The producer of the game then replies saying it isn't a Musou game.

Get hyped guys! We're also getting a stage demo of the game at TGS!
Edited by kidhero99

Oo my bad i'm human and it was late last night.... + you don't need to speak Japanese to play Japanese games

As true as that is, a lot of Japanese games use ridiculously large amounts of text. Even something as base as a warriors game has objectives appearing all the time, and not,having knowledge of the language makes it impossible to read at an enjoyable pace.

Key emphasis being enjoyment. People will not enjoy deciphering a game through trial and error on the most basic of procedures, let alone in an alien language. Localisation is important.

And no, not everyone imports, has the means or the want to import.

I do hope this does get localised. Would look very sweet on my shelf.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...