Beyond PS4

SaltySoph

Yes before i bought it i read the reviews and they wern't that good but I still liked the game, and yes people who never got a chance now do, they can decide for themselves if they liked it everyone has different tastes. But saying that Heavy Rain would be more appealing to me too 

Another remaster ? This is getting a bit crazy now because all these games that are getting "remastered" dont need to be and developers need to see this. TLOU was an exception because a lot of ps4 owners atm never had a ps3 but other than that everything else is just pointless

I'm so happy I haven't bought a PS4 yet. If this keeps up I will postpone buying one for another year... As long as developers only keep pushing out remastered versions, and still develop the new games for the PS3 aswell, there's no reason for me to upgrade. If I wanted better graphics I'd be using my PC more frequently.

But I guess there's plenty of people buying the recycled junk (imo), since new ones are announced every week.

Edited by Ric

I actually agree on doing remasters for Sony exclusives. The fact of the matter is that PS4 is selling massively compared to the ps3 and is hitting a customer base they didn't have. Bringing in TLOU, Beyond, and other exclusives is a great idea as it gives a real idea to the depth of Sony's exclusive catalogue. People aren't going to go back and buy a ps3 just to play what people call masterpieces (whether individuals agree or not)

Sony have never been in such a good position since the PS1 and therefore it makes complete sense, commercially and as a taster for things to come.

Having a PS3, would I care about a remaster ? probably not. But yeah I'd buy it if I only had ps4.

It's only a cash grab if you buy it twice, however this is giving the exclusives devs funds to work on new projects without having to spend too much, as well as getting potentially a lot more people interested in their IP's (hell both quantic titles ended up on the news here)

However the multiplatform ports seem unnecessary to me as a lot more people would have had the option to try them (GTAV for example)

in short : only a cash grab if you are narrowminded ;)

• Like 3

I actually agree on doing remasters for Sony exclusives. The fact of the matter is that PS4 is selling massively compared to the ps3 and is hitting a customer base they didn't have. Bringing in TLOU, Beyond, and other exclusives is a great idea as it gives a real idea to the depth of Sony's exclusive catalogue. People aren't going to go back and buy a ps3 just to play what people call masterpieces (whether individuals agree or not)

Sony have never been in such a good position since the PS1 and therefore it makes complete sense, commercially and as a taster for things to come.

Having a PS3, would I care about a remaster ? probably not. But yeah I'd buy it if I only had ps4.

It's only a cash grab if you buy it twice, however this is giving the exclusives devs funds to work on new projects without having to spend too much, as well as getting potentially a lot more people interested in their IP's (hell both quantic titles ended up on the news here)

However the multiplatform ports seem unnecessary to me as a lot more people would have had the option to try them (GTAV for example)

in short : only a cash grab if you are narrowminded ;)

Those are all very valid points. But the "new customers" aren't the only customers in the picture (I think it's even the smaller group compared to people who did own a PS3, but I don't know that for a fact). People who did own a PS3 have had a very meager year if they purchased a PS4.

I would love to have a PS4, but the lineup of games there's currently available for it just don't warrant the investment at this moment. Ofcourse there are some games coming in the next year that will probably convince me to reach into my wallet. But so far it's just a little frustrating to see so many games I've already played (or passed on) on the PS3 getting a remake, while the list of interesting new games (to me) is so short.

I agree that rereleases have their place (I've had some on PS3, never had a PS2, like Sly Cooper series) but the amount at this moment it's just overwhelming. I think that's where most of the 'hating' comes from: There's too much of one, too little of the other. No one would mind rereleases when everyone is content with the games they like.

Those are all very valid points. But the "new customers" aren't the only customers in the picture (I think it's even the smaller group compared to people who did own a PS3, but I don't know that for a fact). People who did own a PS3 have had a very meager year if they purchased a PS4.

I would love to have a PS4, but the lineup of games there's currently available for it just don't warrant the investment at this moment. Ofcourse there are some games coming in the next year that will probably convince me to reach into my wallet. But so far it's just a little frustrating to see so many games I've already played (or passed on) on the PS3 getting a remake, while the list of interesting new games (to me) is so short.

I agree that rereleases have their place (I've had some on PS3, never had a PS2, like Sly Cooper series) but the amount at this moment it's just overwhelming. I think that's where most of the 'hating' comes from: There's too much of one, too little of the other. No one would mind rereleases when everyone is content with the games they like.

agreed, although most games were for end of year realease anyway. only a few have really been pushed back.

I think this tends to happen on all new consoles, games are hard to come by on launch, this may (or may not) be more widespread this time with ps4 as it's easier to program (and I would suspect Sony offered a special SDK to upgrade easily from ps3 to ps4) - There are still a lot of new games in the pipeline for Q4

I might rent it but i wouldn't pay for it twice, it's a good game but i've already done everything you can do in the PS3 version, new players would love this though.

I agree these remasters should just stop though (except for the older games ones like the REmake remaster, these are worth making IMO), i know each company is in the process of making games and while we wait they give us easier stuff like this or indie games, i guess they released these next-gen consoles way too early, or that was their plan from the beginning... either way, you can't deny that there will be people buying this game and every other remaster that comes out, we all know there are a bunch of people who never played these games on their original console so that's their chance, so for that reason i don't think it's that bad.... yet.

Edited by Tables
  • Like 1