Dragon Quest Heroes Announced for PlayStation 4

Dragon Quest fans rejoice!

o close out its pre-TGS PlayStation press conference, Sony and Square Enix revealed a brand new game. It's called Dragon Quest Heroes, and it's coming to PlayStation 4, as well as PlayStation 3, in 2015.

Dragon Quest Heroes is under development at Omega Force, the Tecmo Koei-affiliated studio best-known for its "Musou"-style games in franchises like Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. You can see the trailer for the game below.

Little else is currently known about Dragon Quest Heroes, other than the fact that it isn't a core Dragon Quest game, and that it doesn't play with Dragon Quest's typical old-school, turn-based JRPG mechanics. Instead, it was referred to as an "action" game several times during the presentation, not surprising considering the developer behind it.

Dragon Quest Heroes comes to PS4 and PS3 in 2015 in Japan, and hasn't yet been confirmed for western localization.

Source: IGN

While I prefer turn based RPGs to Action RPGs, I am quite fond of the Dragon Quest series and it will be nice to have a title on the PS4.

Edit:

Apologies, there was already a thread posted (in the incorrect section) that I missed. Continue discussion in the following thread.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/19180-dragon-quest-heroes/

Thanks,

Parker

• Like 3