Am I the only one that thinks fallout 3 is incredibly hard ?

linkisawesome

Got the Platinum. You guys were right, just needed patience. The first few moments were hard because I was still getting used to the game but after I learned how to use V.A.T.S and found Fawkes, the game became super easy. This was also a great game :)

First of all, congrats, this a game thats really fun to plat :)

And now go try NV in ultimate mode or whatever its called (forgot), now there's a fun challenge, feels just right for fallout, loved every minute of it, and actually prefered it to 3 :P

First of all, congrats, this a game thats really fun to plat :)

And now go try NV in ultimate mode or whatever its called (forgot), now there's a fun challenge, feels just right for fallout, loved every minute of it, and actually prefered it to 3 :P

If I find it cheap I'll probably buy it. Btw is there a version with all DLC?

• 1 month later...

Perhaps if you are playing on very hard.

I never have experienced real difficulties.

If you know how, you can make a lot of caps, which solves your other problems.

There's a guy in Megaton that will give you 10 caps for scrap metal.

Might sound a bit short of becoming wealthy, but scrap metal is everywhere.

So you can get 'rich' pretty fast.

You can buy upgrades for your house to remove all radiation, a worthy investment.

There're beds everywhere, sell what you don't need, buy what you do need.

Invest perks and skillpoints for what you actually uses.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The game is suppose to be like that, you are in post-apocalytic America around 200 years after the fallout. Ammo, resources, food, even civilisation is meant to be scarce because in a real life situation like that, they will  be scarce. If you are struggling to get this sort of stuff then, either, visit Rivet City or Megaton,

unless you blew up Megaton

, or simply scavenge for items

• 2 years later...

The game definitely was difficult in the first few hours, as you had barely any weapons, health, perks, or ammunition. I found that scavenging the Super Duper Mart (which is part of the Wasteland Survival Guide quest) was helpful for getting lots of ammo and stimpaks (and there was also a laser pistol there, I believe?) and doing The Replicated Man quest in Rivet City is a must. iirc, there isn't any fighting in the quest, and at the end you can earn A3-21's Plasma Rifle, which absolutely melts anything in your way. I still use it as my main OP weapon, just buy microfusion cells from vendors every few days for ammo (wait a few days for them to replenish their stock, then buy more) and you should almost never run out of ammo for it.

After that, the game became much much easier, and as the levels continue to come in and you complete more quests, you'll get way more perks and skill points (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND INVESTING IN THE PERK THAT GIVES YOU EXTRA SKILL POINTS EVERY TIME YOU LEVEL UP THE SECOND IT BECOMES AVAILABLE). IMO, the game becomes much more fun after you pass that initial difficulty spike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

No your not alone ?. This game have the hardest difcullty I ever experience especially when the aiming system  is screwed up and not like other first person shooter games but try to play in the very easy difficult and see how the major different in the game hardest difficult is unrealistic but great thing that Difficulty does not Affects Trophies

• 2 weeks later...

A tad repetitive combat system but not what I would call hard. Playing normal and I'm a Fisto player, no real threats to me. Setting it to easy would feel like superman walked out of the vault to spread death and destruction to the poor wastelanders.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

This is a super old post, but this game is super easy. Anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't be playing RPGs or should set the game to 'very easy' difficulty for the experience. The hardest part about the game is not getting frustrated with the crashes every so often. 

Really teaches you how to save frequently and that not every save should be an overwrite

• Like 1