Taming Ocelot?

Zoffee

Hi guys, I'm having trouble taming the ocelots, I'm taming them with some raw fish, they have the hearts popping around their heads and nothing else. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Play the Tutorial (you can get a lot of trophies easily there) and after finishing the initial set of tutorials you will be able to walk to the castle area. Go down to the animals and you'll find ocelots in their fenced in area. Now you need to go to the fishing dock closeby and catch a few fish there (it usually takes more than one fish to tame them), then go back to the ocelots and make a hole in the fence (eye level, not ground level so they won't escape), then just feed one of them a few fish and you should be good ;)

• Like 2

Play the Tutorial (you can get a lot of trophies easily there) and after finishing the initial set of tutorials you will be able to walk to the castle area. Go down to the animals and you'll find ocelots in their fenced in area. Now you need to go to the fishing dock closeby and catch a few fish there (it usually takes more than one fish to tame them), then go back to the ocelots and make a hole in the fence (eye level, not ground level so they won't escape), then just feed one of them a few fish and you should be good ;)

so gonna plat the vita version with that knowledge ha ha 

• Like 1

Alright, so apparently, you can't tame an ocelot by just giving it fish. What you gotta do is to get it into what the wiki refers to as "begging mode", where it will walk up to you and start looking you in the eye. This can be achieved by looking at it from about 10 blocks away while avoiding rapid movement and waiting. Only when the ocelot is directly looking at you while in this mode, there is a 1/3 chance of it turning into a cat when given fish, causing the trophy to pop.

Alright, so apparently, you can't tame an ocelot by just giving it fish. What you gotta do is to get it into what the wiki refers to as "begging mode", where it will walk up to you and start looking you in the eye. This can be achieved by looking at it from about 10 blocks away while avoiding rapid movement and waiting. Only when the ocelot is directly looking at you while in this mode, there is a 1/3 chance of it turning into a cat when given fish, causing the trophy to pop.

Thanks for this, I spent 20 mins fishing and giving one about 15 fish, thought it was glitched. 

Thanks a lot for this, I was wondering why it didn't work! :P

• 1 month later...

Equip fish and stand perfectly still 5+ blocks away. So long as you don't spook it it'll walk around a bit and eventually come up to you and sit. Give it a few seconds then feed it the fish, it should turn into a cat and you should get the trophy. Try it in the tutorial world if you can't get it to pop in a real world.

• 3 weeks later...

Ocelets only spawn in Jungle biomes and as of right now, NOT on peaceful. That is because the console versions are running on an older version and they haven't had the patch which made ocelets spawn on peaceful. You can however, go to a jungle biome on easy and walk around for a bit and then quit to main menu and reload on peaceful, any ocelets that were close to you should still be there, that's how I tamed my 2nd ocelet.

If you spot an ocelet go to it slowly, don't run, don't jump. It's very, VERY easily spooked. Stay about 8-10 blocks away from it and DO NOT look it directly into the eye. Look a bit away from it and make sure you are holding enough raw fish in your hand (4-6 should be enough)

The ocelet will spot you with the raw fish and will come over to you, wait till it's sitting and looking at you, that's called begging mode, don't move before it's in begging mode, it will be spooked. When it's in begging mode, slowly move your crosshair towards it, don't rush it will be spooked, when you can feed it, feed it till it's tamed and it will be turn into one of the 3 different coloured cats.

Having an ocelet in your army is very useful as creepers are scared of it and will move away from it when they get close to it, but they will however continuelly attempt to get close again, it basically goes on forever until you kill the creeper or you are too far away from it (only happens when you start running)

That's what makes ocelets good for protecting your house, base and anything that you builded and ofcourse watching your back when exploring or mining.