Anybody else gonna use this for fastest platinum?

I definitely beat this at least half a dozen times to 100% completion on ps2, my first game for it when I got it in 2001! :lol:

I could probably beat it fully in one go, my current fastest is sly 1 which was just under 14 hours, which I wasn't even going for fastest plat, and I hadn't played Sly before.

Can't wait to do a speed run sometime this weekend!!

For those wondering if it's an easy platinum, it definitely is. Jak II looks like it might be pain, Jak 3 probably won't be bad. Either way I'm getting all 3 :platinum:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i remember that i beat it like 8 times 100% before my disc stop working i did beat this game in one set back on the ps2 version. back then we haven't yet bought a memory card, so i used to beat it in the same day, used to took's me 3 to 4 hours :)

now on the ps3's HD version it took's me a day to finish it 100% and platinum it, because actually i hate rushing playing video games, also is due to that i forgot of where to find the last two hidden power cells, and i also took long to finish some areas because i used the first person view a couple of times to stare at the small details on the levels.

• 7 months later...

Old topic, but honestly, I don't know how everybody is doing it. And how it's nearly a 40% platinum at that.

The game is really fun, but there are so many collectibles and they're in every nook and cranny of the game that it's somewhat frustrating.

I'm pretty sure that is what a guide is for.  The first Sly Cooper is the exact same way, but its platinum % is 57.  

As for this topic, did Sly Cooper 1 faster, but I probably could have done the first Jak and Daxter faster than what I did it in.

Old topic, but honestly, I don't know how everybody is doing it. And how it's nearly a 40% platinum at that.

The game is really fun, but there are so many collectibles and they're in every nook and cranny of the game that it's somewhat frustrating.

Everyone played this a million times on PS2. If you've played the game before, you'll most likely remember where everything is.

• 9 months later...

yeah, why buy the game again?

So basically, your logic is, why buy ANY game again (no matter what enhancements and new features it gains, this includes TLOU Remastered btw,) if it already existed on another system which a person owned or still owns. Instead of giving my (unnecessary) reply to this question, refer to PeaTear's reply, but it's worth noting there's more reasons than what he listed, for re-buying a remastered collection or game.

OT: Jak II is a pain, and so is Jak 3. They're probably equal in their own respective guards. This is coming from someone who Platinum'ed all 3 games essentially 3 times each, but only have 2 Platinums, because I practically got the Plat the 3rd time virtually on another save file on the account I already had one of the two Platinums on.

No the orb glitch does not make the Platinum of this game easier when talking from a general perspective, because you don't count unintended glitches towards a trophy's general difficultly. I highly recommend you don't use the orb glitch, so you don't end up becoming one of those idiots who say, "this Platinum is SUPER easy, no trouble at all, and nowhere near difficult/hard" all because they used guides, AKA RECEIVED HELP, in order to get their (cheated time and difficultly) trophy, and so you can actually experience what it takes to get these Platinums without help, guides, and glitches. Using a guide to collect the scattered orbs is somewhat tolerable, but using the orb glitch is completely not tolerable.

• Like 1

I did play this on PS2 but i never did a speedrun of it, the only game i speedrun is RE4 and that's already hard enough for me, speedrunning takes time and effort and luck (unless you're TASing something, then it's only time). But i did do a casual speedrun of Jak 2 and Jak 3 when i played them again on my Vita, if it wasn't laggy my time would have been better

I really didn't like this game lol. I'm more of a Sly/R&C guy when it comes to 3D platformers though. I would use this as my fastest platinum but bought it when the collection came out, played it for 30 minutes, shut it off, and the set has been on my shelf every since. LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The people who completed the game in under 5 hours are impressive, skilled workers. The fact that it was done in around 2 hours is truly insane to say the least. Put that on a resume.

"Yeah, I got the platinum for Jak 1."

"So?"

"The total time was one hour, fifty-three minutes"

"You're hired!"

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I thought that at first but there not as bad as you think they are when you play it

Got it during one year of playing. The reason is that I had VITA version. The difference between PS3 or even PS2 and PSV is unreal. I wrote about it and many players did that before. Just can't trust that there is a gamer who can complete vita verison in one run, it's soooooo bad ported.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I would consider doing this for the fastest platinum, but I would need a fairly clean run. My current fastest plant is somewhere around 6 hours 30 minutes and 7 hours for Murdered: Soul Suspect. When I start itt though, it will assuredly be on a weekend in the morning so I can do a full run and at the very least make an attempt