Searching for a rather hard kind of game

TheDevilSurvivor

Alright guys, here's the deal:

I'm looking for a PS3 game that is epic. And by epic I don't mean something along the lines of The Last Of Us (perfect in almost every way) or Ni No Kuni (best RPG of this generation).

By epic, I mean something like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Asura's Wrath, God Of War, etc. Anime/Games that have battles of an unthinkable magnitude or make you do something amazing or brutal you'd never see on other games (throwing galaxies at enemies? Hell yeah. Going into rage mode and killing enemies the size of planets? Hell yeah. Killing every single damn god in Olympus just because they betrayed you? Hell yeah.) That's the kind of epic I'm looking for.

Of course, just because it has those qualities doesn't mean it's good. The soundtrack can't be annoying and the story has to be at least decent.

Think you guys could help me in searching something like that?

You can check out my PSNP to see if I have a game you'd recommend or not. I have played every God Of War, Asura's Wrath, Saints Row: The Third and IV...

Oh, and sorry if the thread doesn't belong here. First time I'm making one.

I agree on Metal Gear Rising, that game's so lovably over the top it should fit your criteria perfectly. Prototype 1/2 might also be an option, that game has you completely overpowered on purpose.

Edit: Also, Dragon's Dogma just came to my mind, best RPG on the ps3, alongside Dark Souls I, also has some really epic monsterfights.

Edited by HappyKastanie

Have you looked into Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? Soundtrack is pretty great. Story is not the greatest by any means, the gameplay suits what you described I think anyway. Worth looking into.

I agree on Metal Gear Rising, that game's so lovably over the top it should fit your criteria perfectly. Prototype 1/2 might also be an option, that game has you completely overpowered on purpose.

Edit: Also, Dragon's Dogma just came to my mind, best RPG on the ps3, alongside Dark Souls I, also has some really epic monsterfights.

I tried MG Rising but wasn't really a fan of it.

I was interested in Prototype and Dark Souls already so I'll think about giving them a try.

I got Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen from PS+ so I won't buy a game I already had for free, I'll wait until I get PS+ again to play it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Any more?

Edit: @Viscera1900 - Already got the DMC3 Special Edition. Will buy 1 if I find it cheap. RE 5 doesn't appeal to me, so 6 is much worse. I will buy 4 if I find it cheap too.

Lightning Returns was a major disappointment, but I'll buy it since I have to end the trilogy.

RE and LR aren't really epic for me.

Edited by TheDevilSurvivor

Sounds like you need to play terminator salvation

I got the platinum for it in around 3 hours. I hope that's a joke by the way.

Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta, Vanquish, anything made by Platinum really.

Already got Bayonetta, will check on Vanquish but I don't really want more DMC clones, I prefer the original thank you.

Already got Bayonetta, will check on Vanquish but I don't really want more DMC clones, I prefer the original thank you.

I wouldn't really call Vanquish a DMC clone. It's mainly a third-person shooter, except very fast paced. It's kind of hard to describe without making it sound like an average third-person shooter game.

Ninja Gaiden sigma 1 and 2, though sigma 1 doesn't have trophies.

and if you could found a copy of it try 3D dot game hero. 

Disliked Ninja Gaiden. The controls are too old school for me, the game is too hard and those ************* rocket launchers!!.

3D Dot Game Heroes isn't my cup of tea.

Have you looked at Castelvania Lords of Shadow (1&2)?

Yes. Sadly, the thing that attracted me the most was the art. I prefer to play God Of War 3 over and over than buy Lords Of Shadow even though it looks so damn cool.

I wouldn't really call Vanquish a DMC clone. It's mainly a third-person shooter, except very fast paced. It's kind of hard to describe without making it sound like an average third-person shooter game.

Sorry, after looking it up I admit I was an idiot.

Spec ops. On fubar difficulty?

Demon's souls?

No Spec Ops.

Was already interested in Demon's Souls.

Nice to meet a fellow Survivor :P. I'd recommend Dead Space 2 but you already have that so I'm going to go ahead and say Batman: Arkham City. Killing gods and facing the top villains in the Batman universe is almost as epic. :D

Indeed, haven't found many out there xD I will try to get a hold of the Arkham Trilogy (plus my girlfriend is obsessed with Batman, she told me to buy them so many times), though I'm not really fond of Batman as a superhero. Won't hurt to try.

Max Payne 3

Nope, sorry.

I would suggest Shadow of Colossus. You get to fight 16 giant-ass beasts! It can't get any more epic than that!!! I love the soundtrack and the story is great (but has less than 10 words and those are in Japanese, which made it great IMO).

Ever since that game came out I wanted to play it so badly yet never got the chance. Isn't there a Ico+SotC collection out there? I'll see if I can get it. Isn't The Last Guardian sort of a spiritual successor to those games though?