Searching for a rather hard kind of game

TheDevilSurvivor

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned Malicious.  Not much in the way of story but the game is basically 6 huge boss fights.  It's extremely difficult as well to get 100%, have to finish the game without a continue or repairing your gear.

and yes... Shadow of the Colossus is amazing.  It's not terribly difficult in and of itself, but the additional play-throughs on Hard, and then the time attack are gruesome, have fun.

Edited by Hemiak

Indeed, haven't found many out there xD I will try to get a hold of the Arkham Trilogy (plus my girlfriend is obsessed with Batman, she told me to buy them so many times), though I'm not really fond of Batman as a superhero. Won't hurt to try.

Nope, sorry.

Ever since that game came out I wanted to play it so badly yet never got the chance. Isn't there a Ico+SotC collection out there? I'll see if I can get it. Isn't The Last Guardian sort of a spiritual successor to those games though?

Yes, there is a collection but soc is better than ICO. TLG is a successor but is not out yet.

X-Com is pretty hard and epic on just classic difficulty.  Turn based strategy but worth a look.

Sorry about the thread's title, but I wasn't refering to difficulty. And X-Com is far from epic. It's a great game, yes, and I got it from PS+ so will have to wait until I get it again.

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned Malicious.  Not much in the way of story but the game is basically 6 huge boss fights.  It's extremely difficult as well to get 100%, have to finish the game without a continue or repairing your gear.

and yes... Shadow of the Colossus is amazing.  It's not terribly difficult in and of itself, but the additional play-throughs on Hard, and then the time attack are gruesome, have fun.

IGN gave that a 5.5... Even worse, the community gave it a 5.9 (59 voters)... I'm not too keen on these ratings. Will check it out though.

Once again, sorry but it's not difficulty i'm looking for.

Wait so you asking for a rather hard kind of game and you list Saints Row IV as an example? I mean WTF LOL

But if you want something epic: the Mass Effect Trilogy, Infamous saga, Bioshock saga, Dark Souls Saga... And a million more :)

Again, not the difficulty. In terms of epic though, I dare you to give me a more exaggerated and over the top game than SR.

Umvc3

USSF4

KOF13

Blazblue continuum shift

WKC

Star Ocean 4

NGS2

Plat these and I'll buy you a box of cookies

I have a rule: Only Tekken for fighters. Would only get UMvC for Dante, so no. Tried SF, KOF, BlazBlue and hated them. WKC piqued my interest. Planning on getting Star Ocean TLH International. Nope for Ninja Gaiden.

Yes, there is a collection but soc is better than ICO. TLG is a successor but is not out yet.

A collection is a collection. 2 games for the price of 1 is always great.

Darksiders, anyone ? I found them to be VERY similar to God Of War, especially Darksiders 1. Darksiders 2 might be a bit too much RPG for your liking. (However, the battle with the heartstone guardian is pretty awesome xD)

The more RPG the better. Will take a look at it.

White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2

Will take a look.

Diablo III on Inferno mode.  :S

Diablo III is awful, I could never play that game. And again, not the difficulty I'm searching for.

I'd definitely say DMC games, oh god those difficulties.

Again, not the diff that interests me.

Well then, let's think of some others I have.

Demon Souls/Dark Souls.
Final Fantasy Series.
White Knight Chronicles.
Shadow of the Colossus.
Tales of - Games.
Kingdom Hearts, maybe.
Ninja Gaidens.
Knights Contract.
Nier games.
Dragons Dogma.

I've had many "epic" games in the past, but those were all on Xbox, so I only have a few currently for my PS.

I'm now also in a Gurren Lagann mood.

Well then, let's think of some others I have.

Demon Souls/Dark Souls.

Final Fantasy Series.

White Knight Chronicles.

Shadow of the Colossus.

Tales of - Games.

Kingdom Hearts, maybe.

Ninja Gaidens.

Knights Contract.

Nier games.

Dragons Dogma.

I've had many "epic" games in the past, but those were all on Xbox, so I only have a few currently for my PS.

I'm now also in a Gurren Lagann mood.

Already said I'd give it a try for the "Souls" series.

Final Fantasy stopped being epic for me since VIII

Gonna look at WKC.

Said I'd buy SotC.

Loved Tales Of Xillia, the sequel doesn't appeal to me and Symphonia is way too expensive where I live.

Already have the HD ReMIX.

NG is a no.

Will check Knights Contract.

Can't find Nier in stores near me.

Dragon's Dogma can only play with PS+, I won't buy the game if I got it for free.

You asked for hard games, Tekken isn't one of them.

Star ocean is a good choice though

I asked for Epic games, read my first post. I forgot to say "hard to find kind of game" on the thread's title.

If I look at the title and see how many times you've said " not the difficulty I'm looking for " then I will recommend you hard games as requested

I believe the first post of the thread, made by the thread's creator, is the most important, as it normally features every explanation required for others to respond correctly to the thread.

I made a mistake, yes, but I apologized for it countless times. Ever since I created the thread that I wished I could change the thread's title because making a crucial mistake like that is something I hate, but it can't be done nonetheless.

In any case, I think I've got enough suggestions. Thanks to all of you who took time to help me, I appreciate it. Happy gaming for all of you.

The thread can be closed anytime you want.

You evil, evil man... :awesome:

I'd throw injustice in there too.

I heard Injustice is supposed to be hard. Does it have a difficult challenge mode or something?

I believe the first post of the thread, made by the thread's creator, is the most important, as it normally features every explanation required for others to respond correctly to the thread.

I made a mistake, yes, but I apologized for it countless times. Ever since I created the thread that I wished I could change the thread's title because making a crucial mistake like that is something I hate, but it can't be done nonetheless.

In any case, I think I've got enough suggestions. Thanks to all of you who took time to help me, I appreciate it. Happy gaming for all of you.

The thread can be closed anytime you want.

Click on edit post - advanced. There you can alter the title