Thoughts on "Destiny" Trophy Set.

DarknessKey92

Hmm.. raids, 6 players. 3 classes all have 2 subclasses. everyone with different powers should be perfect team.

This may not be the case, It may make more sense to stack classes IE Titans for shields. Hunters seem to be all DPS based and the blade dancers may be a slight burden on a raid team. Looking at the subclasses, Sun Singer warlocks seem to be the most desirable for raids, you can have one reducing incoming damage, while another shortens cooldowns. 

my ideal raid team would be (for single targeting on a boss)

1. Titan : Defender (with the Armor of Light )

2. Titan : Defender (With weapons of Light)

3. Warlock : Sunsinger (with song of flames) 

4. Warlock : Sunsinger (with Radiant Skin) / in a hard mode raid I would want them to switch to fireborn in the event of a wipe so that they can res, and hide. giving everyone a chance to revive. 

5. Hunter : Gunslinger (with Gunfighter)

6. Hunter : Gunslinger (with gunfighter)

For a boss with heavy adds, I would want to switch out the hunters for classes with ranged AoE abilities like a blade dancer using Razor's Edge, or a voidwalker using shatter or lance. 

As no one has yet to see any of the raids, or their mechanics it's hard to say right now but it seems like stacking is the best way to go as some sub-classes don't provide the raid utility desired. Then again, this may change when we get a look at the loot. I'm personally hoping for a PVE weapon that has a chance to heal people while attacking. 

Edited by DocileCraig

I'm not looking forward to the PVP trophies, however I'm sure theres many not looking forward to the PVE trophies. This game was obviously not intended to be an easy one to 100%. 

My only worry is with " :silver: Triple Play" from what I've seen many don't seem keen on the idea of playing as a Titan, so unless theres a way to boost this I can see many matchups being made of mostly Warlocks, and Hunters. (I Hope I'm wrong on this one.) I'm hoping there will be a way to boost these trophies in maybe a 'premade group vs premade group' situation. 

I really don't think it'll be an issue for anyone who is decent at pvp. I had over 3k kills in the beta in pvp and saw just as many Titans as the other classes.

I'm troubled by the lack of campaign related trophies.  I'm hopeful it's not indicative there is not a strong enough narrative to give the multiplayer objectives context and purpose.

Agree with you.  Not a fan of online trophies, or leader board trophies.  Depending on others and server connections is nothing but frustrating.  I am in a strong friendly clan so I would enjoy co op and multiplayer.  Imagine being "that guy" that dies though... 

Agree with you.  Not a fan of online trophies, or leader board trophies.  Depending on others and server connections is nothing but frustrating.  I am in a strong friendly clan so I would enjoy co op and multiplayer.  Imagine being "that guy" that dies though... 

The raiding/strikes are what you would call campaign trophies to be honest (unless you guys think campaign = solo). The story mode is pretty much interconnect to the group modes. And I will say that clearing a raid without dying is going to be really hard. I'm a veteran halo player, having solo'd every halo game to date on legendary, and I find the strikes difficulty to survive perfectly even with prior knowledge. 

Sure so far I've only played with random people but even on normal there are plenty of enemies that oneshot you. One mistake and you are done. Seeing as the bosses have TONS of hp, making one mistake is quite easy. During the beta I never manged to clear devils lair on hard with randoms. Never got past the 3 wave defense. 

This is gathered from the first strike so I don't know how it will be with a higher level char with more abilities. But I'm guessing raids will be MUCH harder. It's going to take some great dedication to learn all tactics, and probably gear towards the survival stat to eliminate the oneshot-ness.

The raiding/strikes are what you would call campaign trophies to be honest (unless you guys think campaign = solo). The story mode is pretty much interconnect to the group modes. And I will say that clearing a raid without dying is going to be really hard. I'm a veteran halo player, having solo'd every halo game to date on legendary, and I find the strikes difficulty to survive perfectly even with prior knowledge. 

Sure so far I've only played with random people but even on normal there are plenty of enemies that oneshot you. One mistake and you are done. Seeing as the bosses have TONS of hp, making one mistake is quite easy. During the beta I never manged to clear devils lair on hard with randoms. Never got past the 3 wave defense. 

This is gathered from the first strike so I don't know how it will be with a higher level char with more abilities. But I'm guessing raids will be MUCH harder. It's going to take some great dedication to learn all tactics, and probably gear towards the survival stat to eliminate the oneshot-ness.

Maybe you could do lower raids/strikes when youre much higher level thus making them easier? Thats my theory :P

Maybe you could do lower raids/strikes when youre much higher level thus making them easier? Thats my theory :P

I don't think there is anything other than max level raids. And considering bungie removed it, and added it back 3 times makes me thing it's hard.

Edited by Piknim

There is a good mix of easy to mildly challenging missions specifically anything with a "Raid" attachment to it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/destiny-the-endgame-is-only-the-beginning-ign-first

This was the main takeaway for this article
"Raids are “extremely crafted,” six-player, friends-only gauntlet runs that might best be described as gut-checks. Yes, they will be difficult, and they will absolutely require communication and cooperation. That’s why Bungie isn’t supporting matchmaking for them; the developers don’t want them to be played by disparate groups of strangers. But Smith is quick to point out that they’re not like Strikes – the instanced dungeon-like runs that might take a mere 20-60 minutes – but more like MMO raids in that you’re going to want to buckle up and get comfortable for a couple hours."

Things to consider

-You  can only play with \ 5 other people on your friends list

- Microphones  are an absolute must

- No one can die (if you are going for that particular trophy)

- All 5 people need to dedicate the time (possibly hours) to get this completed which means that weekends will probably be the only times these get done.

To me the challenge appears to be in the organization. Although I have been a part of some really awesome and successful game sessions on this site, of all the times I had to complete something i never had to meet requirements such as those mentioned above. Im not complaining about this I am simply saying lets not throw this trophy set into the easy category just yet.

To me the challenge appears to be in the organization. Although I have been a part of some really awesome and successful game sessions on this site, of all the times I had to complete something i never had to meet requirements such as those mentioned above. Im not complaining about this I am simply saying lets not throw this trophy set into the easy category just yet.

Yeah, most of the trophies are really easy, and come naturally. Even the triple play can be gotten by average and even below average players utilizing heavy weapons and/or supers. Then again it's pretty luck based, it took me 3 games with a few merciless streaks to get it.

But there is a huge gap between getting 99% of the trophies and getting plat. I also think that maxing out a legendary weapon will take time.

There is a good mix of easy to mildly challenging missions specifically anything with a "Raid" attachment to it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/destiny-the-endgame-is-only-the-beginning-ign-first

This was the main takeaway for this article

"Raids are “extremely crafted,” six-player, friends-only gauntlet runs that might best be described as gut-checks. Yes, they will be difficult, and they will absolutely require communication and cooperation. That’s why Bungie isn’t supporting matchmaking for them; the developers don’t want them to be played by disparate groups of strangers. But Smith is quick to point out that they’re not like Strikes – the instanced dungeon-like runs that might take a mere 20-60 minutes – but more like MMO raids in that you’re going to want to buckle up and get comfortable for a couple hours."

Things to consider

-You  can only play with \ 5 other people on your friends list

- Microphones  are an absolute must

- No one can die (if you are going for that particular trophy)

- All 5 people need to dedicate the time (possibly hours) to get this completed which means that weekends will probably be the only times these get done.

Yeah the problem is organisation, and the fact that raids are so long, if there aren't checkpoints where your team can take breaks and come back to it later... i might not ever get the plat.

• Like 1

Flawless raider is incredibly difficult.
Upgrading three subclasses is a big grind - around 18 hours each from my experience. I'm level 24 and have just finished upgrading my first subclass (getting XP til all class abilities unlock).

Having all legendary weapons/armour equipped is also a big grind - I'm at 24 hours with no legendary items - level 24 warlock. I have 150 marks to purchase my first armour piece - that's just one of the available 8 slots. Unless legendary drops increase in frequency this is platinum could be 80+ hours.

Please correct me if you have the plat already, I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Edited by Macsak88

Upgrading three subclasses is a big grind - around 18 hours each from my experience. I'm level 24 and have just finished upgrading my first subclass (getting XP til all class abilities unlock).

Having all legendary weapons/armour equipped is also a big grind - I'm at 24 hours with no legendary items - level 24 warlock. I have 150 marks to purchase my first armour piece - that's just one of the available 8 slots. Unless legendary drops increase in frequency this is platinum could be 80+ hours.

Please correct me if you have the plat already, I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Legendary items should be more frequent in the raids when they release

No one has the plat yet, its impossible atm cause no raids yet.

Plat could take 70-120 hours, just depends on luck of legendary stuff dropping :(

So now that we have seen the Raid mode…..

Flawless raider looks to be impossible currently. That first team of level 28s died over 1000 times taking over 10 hours to complete it. Without dying? Ummm. Things might need to change somewhat before this will be possible.

Thoughts?

I have been hearing of an "easy" raid coming in November with the first DLC. Not sure if that's true or not. I am currently a lvl. 27 hunter with all legendary/exotic gear and guns just needing a helmet. The raid is hard to say the least. I decided to wait until my team is at least 28 to attempt this again. I will plat this game, will just take a long time. Great game! Highly addictive.

The raiding trophy is quite insane actually. The only way to get it right now would be having a experienced team of 6 hunters. That's my thought anyway. This will make you able to clear the bosses via training and negate chances to fail on the other puzzle events.

You can stealth through the labyrinth and use arc blade to safely cross the jumping puzzle without dying. Otherwise I think there is a high chance people will fall to their deaths/get detected etc.