Comics Discussion Thread

Carville87

The Site has a topic for almost everything but i couldn't find a comics topic so this is it i guess.

• Tell everyone what comics you are reading
  • Which series you are enjoying the most
  • Where or how you buy them
  • Help people who want to get into comics on where to start
  • Post pictures of your comic collections
  • Discuss with people who are reading the same comics

At the moment i am reading

Deadpool vs X-Force

The Punisher (2014)

Saga

Scarlet

X-Men (2013)

I buy all my comics digitally as there is no comic shop where i live. 

So what is everyone else reading

saga8.jpg

• Like 4

X-Men_Vol_1_111_zpsb66b4497.jpg

Just started reading old X-Men comics, yet again. The one above is where the "Dark Phoenix" storyline begins (at least that's how I always have thought of it)  :pimp:

Currently reading through Infinity Gauntlet again. I buy most of my comic books in paperback form through amazon unless there is an ongoing series I can't wait to read, in which case I go to my local comic book store. 

Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg

Dude, you just became my personal hero  :highfive:

• Like 3

The only comics I actively follow and read are The New 52's Green Lantern, New Guardians and Red Lanterns, which I buy at a local comic shop. I usually just wait for the TPBs I'm interested in to come out, with few exceptions here and there (such as Age of Ultron). Right now I'm trying to get all of Hawkeye's, but I haven't found them yet here. That said, I'm buying the last issue because why the heck not.

Aside from that, I casually read whatever I find interesting while at the comic shop (Original Sin being that right now, and Forever Evil before that).

• Like 3

The only comics I actively follow and read are The New 52's Green Lantern, New Guardians and Red Lanterns, which I buy at a local comic shop. I usually just wait for the TPBs I'm interested in to come out, with few exceptions here and there (such as Age of Ultron). Right now I'm trying to get all of Hawkeye's, but I haven't found them yet here. That said, I'm buying the last issue because why the heck not.

Aside from that, I casually read whatever I find interesting while at the comic shop (Original Sin being that right now, and Forever Evil before that).

I'm not a big DC fan but did the new 52 reboot all the characters, so of I was to start the Nightwing series would I understand what was going on

Readying the new Sandman series, innit? (Overture)

IMG_00075.jpg

Comics: If you aren't reading Sandman, you're doing it wrong.

Haven't read Overture yet, but it's Neil, so I'm going to eventually.

I'm not a big DC fan but did the new 52 reboot all the characters, so of I was to start the Nightwing series would I understand what was going on

No. It's some bizarre and stupid thing: some of the stuff from the past did happen (arguably all of it), except for some characters or series. One example are JL and JLA, which have had their origins completely reboot.

In the case of Nightwing, the new series and why it is the way it is is a direct result from Forever Evil. If you don't mind spoilers, I'll post them below (inside a spoiler tag, obviusly):

In Forever Evil, Nightwing's randomly chosen to be beaten up and unmasked on national TV/the internet/whatever by the big, bad guys in turn. He's also taken prisoner and rescued near the end by Batman and Lex Luthor (among others). However, his identity's been revealed, so his Nightwing persona is pretty much screwed.

I haven't really read the series, but from what I gather, he's joined some secret organization and works as an agent for it.

That said, I think you can start reaing it without much problem, and even if you couldn't, I'm sure Wikipedia or some other site on the internet can fill you in :P .

• Like 1

While I'm not reading it yet, the next Comic book I'll pick up is this...

53524d099d662185608aaba7b0420f52_large.j

I'm a huge fan of Classic Game Room so when I saw Mark had created a Kickstarter to do a comic book, I couldn't back it fast enough. I hope he finishes and ships it by the end of the year. 

Parker

• Like 2

Haven't read Overture yet, but it's Neil, so I'm going to eventually.

No. It's some bizarre and stupid thing: some of the stuff from the past did happen (arguably all of it), except for some characters or series. One example are JL and JLA, which have had their origins completely reboot.

In the case of Nightwing, the new series and why it is the way it is is a direct result from Forever Evil. If you don't mind spoilers, I'll post them below (inside a spoiler tag, obviusly):

In Forever Evil, Nightwing's randomly chosen to be beaten up and unmasked on national TV/the internet/whatever by the big, bad guys in turn. He's also taken prisoner and rescued near the end by Batman and Lex Luthor (among others). However, his identity's been revealed, so his Nightwing persona is pretty much screwed.

I haven't really read the series, but from what I gather, he's joined some secret organization and works as an agent for it.

That said, I think you can start reaing it without much problem, and even if you couldn't, I'm sure Wikipedia or some other site on the internet can fill you in :P .

Thanks man I've been wanting to get into DC for a while so I might start with Nightwing

• 2 weeks later...

trying to get into DC comics a bit more so i started these two

I know you're located in Ireland but do you have any buyers that ship to England? It would be so good to get back into the comic field again.

Reading this for the first time. So far a great read.

I love Black Panther and hope with Phase 5, Disney/Marvel will produce a film about him. If the budget and casting selection is done properly they could have a hit on their hands. 

• Like 1

I know you're located in Ireland but do you have any buyers that ship to England? It would be so good to get back into the comic field again.

I love Black Panther and hope with Phase 5, Disney/Marvel will produce a film about him. If the budget and casting selection is done properly they could have a hit on their hands. 

Why wait until phase 5 man? We might get lucky and get one in Phase 3 so he can be in The Avengers 3.

Why wait until phase 5 man? We might get lucky and get one in Phase 3 so he can be in The Avengers 3.

I would love that but Avengers is getting overcrowded. I have to say tho, I think you're right actually about A3 because Disney may get too over confident and start slipping. I want my BP to be a bad ass, non stereotyped, science kicking man not some character that I and many others can't relate to. 

• Like 1

I buy all my comics digitally I'm probably the same as you that there is no comic book shop near you

The only comic I buy every month is the New 52 Batman, I think it was a great idea to start again from number 1, it's made it easier for me to get into it and the stories have been amazing, The Owls, the darkest Joker yet... and I love Greg Capullo's Batman.

Every once in a while I buy classics from both Marvel and DC, I got a while ago Batman's Year One and a collection of Spiderman and Avengers stories from the 60s by Stan Lee and John Romita.

• Like 2

Perhaps I'll post some collection pictures later. I go to my local shop to pick up my comics on a monthly basis. I occasionally go to the Recycle Bookstore and check out the comics section and I picked this up from their dollar bin a while back...

614463_zps9d85ee6b.jpg

I've been enjoying this quite a bit and am glad I got it.

Edited by glassthursday
  • Like 2