Destiny General Discussion

Parker

I didn't realize we were so close to release! Luckily I have Monday and Tuesday nights off from work so I'll be going (assuming there is one) to the midnight release of Destiny and I'll finally have this glorious game in my hands. I loved both the Alpha and Beta and I really think Bungie are one of the best developers out there in both raw talent as well as supporting their games. 

So, what class do my fellow PSNP members plan on playing first? I'll be a Titan (Exo during the Alpha and Beta, think I'll stick with that too) because I think that fits my play style the best.

Also, if you want to join the PSNP Destiny clan, look at the link below.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/122704

Parker 

• Like 4

i just joined clan and look forward for some clan raids  (at least i clicked to join but my bungie site tells me im not in any clan. do i need to be accepted or smth? i dont rly know how it works there)

you can also inv me on PSN (Gwinambele)

as for character:

During Beta i was playing Warlock but i think of playing Hunter (Bladedancer subclass).

Damn it looks amazing

Anyway Platinum requires to fully develop all character so ill make them all eventually

But like i said at start ill make Hunter

Edited by Gwinambele

I only played as a Warlock throughout the beta and I think that will be the class I pick when the full game launches. I like the abilities it has like the blink teleport and nova bomb, it'll be fun using them in the crucible haha. I think you can make three characters though so I guess eventually I will use the other two classes available and see what they're like.

I've been on the fence for the past couple of months, I enjoyed the beta but just couldn't bring myself to pay for a game that feels like I've owned before. I ended up pre-ordering though, and I'm very happy that I did :)

From what I've heard every class is similar, their abilities don't change the game too much (not as much as real mmos). But each class does have a specific build that separates them from eachother, Titan is the tank, Warlock is (surprisingly) the DPS build, and the Hunter seems to be risk/reward. I played Warlock in the beta even though I'm not usually a mage type class in rpgs, but I really enjoyed their special. Right now I'm torn between Warlock and Titan though :S

I'm a sucker for customisation, and I'm pretty pissed that destiny doesn't have any beard options at the moment (I mean, how can you be a badass without a mountain man beard?), and I think the human and awoken races look off in some way. Customisation for the humans/awoken seemed poor in the beta, I saw many clones on the tower due to the sheer lack of options. The robot exo race is pretty cool though, and they have a large amount of options compared to the other two races too. 

I'm worried how small destiny will be when it launches, in the first gameplay reveal, a dev said you could go down into the distance and explore. From the beta, if you try and go down there, you'll be killed instantly. Old Russia isn't small by any means, but if that's all of Earth, and there's 5 planets (Earth, Moon, Reef, Venus, Mars, maybe more) and each one has a playable area of old russia, it's not that big.

Those are some of my concerns, customisation and size, It sounds like I'm bitching alot, but there're parts of the game that're excellent, like:

- Crucible's kickass multiplayer

- Peter Dinklage bot

- Armor and gun variety is huge

- Enemy types are varied

- Subclasses can make every character unique.

I'm a sucker for customisation, and I'm pretty pissed that destiny doesn't have any beard options at the moment (I mean, how can you be a badass without a mountain man beard?), and I think the human and awoken races look off in some way. Customisation for the humans/awoken seemed poor in the beta, I saw many clones on the tower due to the sheer lack of options.

Finally, someone who shares the beard-struggle. I had a perfect character in mind, sort of like a younger version of The End from MGS3, but no, no beards for me. Still really excited for the game, i guess i'll play an Awoken Hunter, i feel the Awoken will be the least played race and i'll try my best to have my guy stick out from the masses.

Already joined the Angry Army and looking forward to joining the PSNP clan as well for some raids or whatever.

Edited by HappyKastanie

I too played an Awoken hunter, which I will be again on release.

Golden gun was great fun to use, seemed to me it took a bit more skill than the other 2 classes and really felt good when you nailed 3 guys  :lol:

Intrested in tryng the second subclass as the special sounds pretty sweet. 

Unforutatly the lone wolf persona will have to be put aside for the platinum at least, so I have joined up and look forward to fighting with you.

I played as an Awoken Hunter in the beta and will probably stick with that. After playing PvZ Garden Warfare it actually seems like Destiny will be lacking in the character customization options and I was worried I had lost some of my hype for the game. But after watching some of the videos I had saved on the ps4 I remembered why I had so much fun in the beta. 

Im terrible at fps but i really hoping ill get a good story experience especially since game will be spawning many many years. after hearing the buy ps3 digital and get ps4 version too i went digital and already have game downloaded, will be ready to play when the clock strikes 9/9/14!

Should I sell my ghost edition on ebay or amazon for bank, or should I just keep it? I like everything about the edition, from the case, to the steelbook, to the model and everything else. I'm not hard up for cash, and I do collect so it is kind of a dilemma.  I could sell my ghost and just buy the limited.  Anyone have any opinions either way?

Should I sell my ghost edition on ebay or amazon for bank, or should I just keep it? I like everything about the edition, from the case, to the steelbook, to the model and everything else. I'm not hard up for cash, and I do collect so it is kind of a dilemma.  I could sell my ghost and just buy the limited.  Anyone have any opinions either way?

If I were you, I'd sell the ghost edition for x3 it's worth on eBay, Then settle with the limited edition. The only thing that the ghost edition has over the LE is the toy and the astronaut pics.

Hey! Add me saying Destiny. Umm hunter or warlock?????? My beta char was hunter. So I pre-loaded n waiting for EPICNESS

Opted for warlock. Cant join clan on PS3 wtf I havent got a pc

for those who havent seen yet!...  heres a little more to the hype.

VENUUUUS!!!

I been contemplating trying to join the TTL Gunslingers Clan. I also thought about joining the Guardian Radio Alliance. I've been listening to the Guardian Radio Podcast for a few months now and it's a great source of info and discussion about Destiny. Boogie2988 started a clan: Order 2988 The Boogie Knights. I love that guy and the Boogie Knights is a pretty badass name for a clan in my opinion. 

In the end I decided to join the PSNP Clan though. We've got a great group of members here and I feel that out of all the gaming/PlayStation sites I visit or are a member of PSNP is my home.  

The main reason I wanted to join a Clan is for Strikes, Raids, and the Crucible. The Story portion I will probably play solo the majority of the time. I plan on doing a lot of exploring, sightseeing, I want to sit through cut scenes and dialogue and most of my co-op experience has people just skipping through that.

I'm not sure what class I will start with but I imagine I'll be playing all 3.

Anybody on here that's playing Destiny add me, especially if you have or intend to join the clan. Please at least put psnp in the message as there are several different ways I am getting friend requests.

Thanks. 

I just got confirmation from Gamefly that they shipped both the ps3 and ps4 copies of Destiny to me today. I wasn't sure i would get the ps4 version so i put the ps3 version on my queue as well to make sure i would get the game. lol

Probably won't receive it till wednesday or thursday, but i'm looking forward to playing it. Also, i mostly like playing solo so i'm not really interesting in joining any clans. I like to just jump into the game at my own leisure and just have random people on my missions if the game forces online.

Edited by Ryumoau

The day is upon us children... the game is pre-loaded, and the PSNP Clan is joined...  

I have been playing through out the alpha & beta as a Human Hunter, so I will keep playing as that class.

I look forward to playing with some of the fellow trophy hunters that make up this great community.

Feel free to add me... 

At midnight, I shall see you in the tower!!

Definitely going to midnight release later on today for that Limited Edition of Destiny! Seems only fitting that i finally appease the long-awaited hunger, that the Beta gave =] I opted for the Hunter class then, & this time will be no different. 

~I know it's gonna be great! ^^ 

Feel free to add this account or my "Divide_By_Zero6" one, i'll be playing this incredible game on both accounts on the Ps3.

Twas the night before Destiny and all through the house, not a keyboard was clicking... Not even a mouse.
The controller was charged and there's even a spare,
in hopes that St. Dinklage would soon be there.
The Guardians were nestled, all snug in their beds,
while visions of dropped loot danced in their heads.

And Titans in armor and Hunters in cloaks.
Had just settled down after learning the ropes.

When out beyond the wall there arose such a clatter.
The Guardians sprang from their beds to see what was the matter.
Away on their Sparrows they flew like a flash.
Tore through the night to discover a crash.

The moon on the breast of the downed fallen ship.
Gave highlight to targets firing rounds from the hip,
When, what to our heros eyes should appear,
But a huge Devil Archon clad in legendary gear.

With an army of captains, so lively and quick,
Surveying the battleground for asses to kick.
More rapid than eagles on jump ships they came,
And they brandished dual blades, exotic by name.

Now, our fireteam braced for the battle ahead.
Raining supers on the fallen, as they filled them with lead.
To the top of the Skywatch to the top of the wall!
Now all that remained was for the Archon to fall.

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
The Warlock charged his Super and took to the sky,
With one final assault our saviors prevailed.
Peace, again was restored. The Darkness had failed!

• Like 2