Destiny General Discussion

Parker

Oh yeah

from a poster on bungie's site

Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

That being said, I like the art style and atmosphere.

Will post more inpressionz after i fight the kabal. 

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.

So I decided to make a Human Titan rather than an Exo Titan this go around, I wasn't able to play much last night (only got to level 3) but it is even more fun than I remember from the Alpha and Beta. I can't wait to play with some PSNP buddies. 

Parker

It goes in one ear and right out the other. Its all a bit vague and doesn't establish any real dramatic stakes whatsoever. Offhand remarks and jargon that don't mean anything to you. Press this button, press that button, what does it do? Who knows? Who cares? Monotone robot pal thing...its bad

Now I'm not saying you should ignore negative reviews, but ignore that review. The press has had just as much time as us to play Destiny, they would have had to have played it from since the servers came up until this moment with no breaks to have made a dent in it. 

Im still waiting on my copy to arrive. My own fault for leaving it so late to order. I played an Exo Titan in the beta but didnt play it much. Think i'll go for the same again. The idea of a PSNProfiles clan sounds awesome. i will deffinately join tomorrow! Cant wait!

Still not seeing any critic reviews. Any reason why? Embargo can't still be in effect right? The only reviews I've seen are from users on Metacritic, and they are almost all giving it a 5 or 6.

I won't be getting the game until it drops in price, or there's a 'GOTY' edition, with all the DLC. But I'm just curious as to how it's being received so far. If I go off the user reviews alone, then that's pretty bad.

Still not seeing any critic reviews. Any reason why? Embargo can't still be in effect right? The only reviews I've seen are from users on Metacritic, and they are almost all giving it a 5 or 6.

I won't be getting the game until it drops in price, or there's a 'GOTY' edition, with all the DLC. But I'm just curious as to how it's being received so far. If I go off the user reviews alone, then that's pretty bad.

I also want to get to see some reviews for this game Im not paying much attention to the user reviews because who really knows if they have the game. If the reviews are good and the game appeals then I'll probably get it within the first couple of weeks if not then I'll also wait for a price drop. 

Never go with user metacritic score they are mainly "10 this game is perfect" or "1 this game is the worst piece of shit I have ever played"

i dont want to make separate topic so ill ask here:

how do you get crucible marks?

i thought is for just playing crucible matches (more for winning little less for loosing)

but ive played few matches and didnt get even 1

and same question for vanguard marks

You get both by completing bounties I think

Game looks AWFUL! Most over rated game EVER!! Pass!!! 

What a well, thought out response, I can definitely see why you came to that conclusion. 

Shrek is for my son and I to play got any more questions! Yes, I do have a life with my family! 

O by the way nice % at 22.3 HAHAHA 

You're seriously insulting someone based on their completion ratio...? How about this, stop acting like a doucher or you may have trouble posting. 

Parker

• Like 3

doucher? Words won't get you anywhere KEEP IT CLEAN!!

Words won't get me anywhere, eh? Maybe I should try another method.

Anyway, this thread is about Destiny. If you don't like the game fine, you'd get a little more respect if you actually shared some genuine reasons as to why you dislike it. Insulting people because of their completion ratio is just silly and it won't be tolerated. If you'd like to discuss further then you're more than welcome to do so in a PM, otherwise lets keep the thread on Destiny, shall we?

Parker

Just hit level 6 on Warlock and 9 on hunter.

Combat is great, truly, the enemy AI is in my opinion one the best for a FPS. One of the things that made Halo so great was how great the AI was, and it's still there.

Weapons are decently varied, nothing compared to let's say borderlands, but there aren't like 30 assault rifles that fill the same exact function (hello bf/cod). Weapons can level up like you and have different stats akin to RPG games.

The game looks absolutely beautiful, it feels like they put down tons of time on the maps and environment, the sound is one of the best I've ever experienced in game, it's very immersive. I did however run into a few weird moments where the sound would "lag".

But.. as mentioned by other people, the quests are so very very lackluster. I mean it truly is, go there, deploy your ghost, listen to him ramble techno-sci-fi-babble, sometimes you defend him, sometimes you don't. Frankly I don't really care since it's an fps, I'll accept that I'll just shoot stuff. But if you are looking for a FPSRPG with varied quests, more like borderlands, then this isn't  the game for you.

The loading times are absolutely killing me, GOD DAMN. I mean it feels like SWTOR all over again. Sure, once you load the huge zones, like old earth, the moon etc it's (almost) flawless transitioning. HOWEVER, the load between hubs is really bothersome. Since you end up going like Crucible>Tower>Earth/Moon/Strike mission>Tower you spend a lot of time in loading screens.  

The PvP multiplayer is an absolute blast tho. It feels like an evolved Halo. Got my blood pumping for sure. And PvP was what I spent 90% of my time on in the beta.