Destiny General Discussion

Parker

found that the best way to level up is to do bounties bounties and bounties, I'm currently at level 8 and just finished the level 5 mission (at my own pace it seems I'm gunna take more than 10 hours to beat this game) Almost got killed for underestimating level 5's enemies while working on the 9000 XP without being killed xD 

Is it possible that Bungie is planning some of the aforementioned features in this thread at a later date? It seems to me like they pushed the game out incomplete in order to meet a deadline or something. I am enjoying it very much so far (still only on the moon, damn them visuals are nice) but the inability to join up and play or even talk with random people seems like a massive oversight to me. Eveything else about the game is stellar though. Add me if anyone wants to play, I'm a lvl 6 or 7 at this point and will be joining the clan here shortly.

Just played some Crucible matches with LovesAnInjection and even though I'm only level 12 (and he and his buddies are level 24) I still had a blast. Better gear definitely helps out but it is still possible to do well with bad gear, I went positive just about every round and we won quite a bit too. 

Parker

Is it possible that Bungie is planning some of the aforementioned features in this thread at a later date? It seems to me like they pushed the game out incomplete in order to meet a deadline or something. I am enjoying it very much so far (still only on the moon, damn them visuals are nice) but the inability to join up and play or even talk with random people seems like a massive oversight to me. Eveything else about the game is stellar though. Add me if anyone wants to play, I'm a lvl 6 or 7 at this point and will be joining the clan here shortly.

Pray that ends up being the case cause this game truly is somewhat half-assed in a lot of places. :(

• Like 1

So I discovered that Destiny actually has a story, on Bungie.net.... the Grimoire cards are actually pretty interesting, and tell you what you're doing.

I think Destiny is an 8/10 from me, the environments, the level design, the smooth U.I, but it is definitely lacking a story. Well not lacking one, but doesn't tell it very well. There should of been so many more scenes in the game, I found it weird how when you were revived at the beginning and your Dinklebot is all like ''You've been gone for a long long time'', but when you get to the tower no-one gives a fuck, you're just automatically a Guardian no questions asked. It's stories conclusion isn't satisfying at all, it feels like I've just played the prologue to Destiny 2.

-We barely met each race of enemy

-We didn't even get a single cocktease of the Darkness, it feels like a huge ''fuck you wait another two years''. Especially since the Darkness is supposedly the Reapers of the ME Universe.

-we discovered ''The Stranger''. 

Spoilers Ahead

It's painfully obvious that this stranger is a time traveller, she/it gives you a gun that was made of materials that weren't even invented yet, and your Ghost is constantly like ''The Vex can time-travel? must be written wrong lol forget it''.

That said, it feels like people are shitting on it a bit too much, I enjoyed it much more than any of the Halo or Borderlands games, and I think people just want it to fail because of 'overhype'

Note: I didn't play the game. And the reason is I had that feeling that the game got an overhype like watch dogs did. 

I totally disagree with the assumption that people want it to fail because of overhype. The only thing I agree with you here is the overhype.

The game received 75 on metacritics from official critics for PS4. User score on both XBone and PS4 is below 7. on XBone it reached 5.5I think.

Now fans, players and everyone had great expectations for this game. The true deep disappointment made them score it low.

The game could be good and fun to play. Many agree on that. But with this overhype. What good/new did it add to FPS?

I have a few issues:

• the connection issues
  • bosses are nothing but bullet sponges
  • the excessive grind (but what game doesn't any more)

On the other hand I really enjoy everything else.  PVP seems nicely balanced, the Grimoire thing is awesome (I must collect everything!), voice chat  and fireteam joining with friends work well, etc.  

Edited by Quikdrawjoe

Note: I didn't play the game. And the reason is I had that feeling that the game got an overhype like watch dogs did. 

I totally disagree with the assumption that people want it to fail because of overhype. The only thing I agree with you here is the overhype.

The game received 75 on metacritics from official critics for PS4. User score on both XBone and PS4 is below 7. on XBone it reached 5.5I think.

Now fans, players and everyone had great expectations for this game. The true deep disappointment made them score it low.

The game could be good and fun to play. Many agree on that. But with this overhype. What good/new did it add to FPS?

7.5 isn't a low score by any means, that's in the top quarter of games. Some reviews out now, like Polygons, were released just to get it out asap, and haven't played the game extensively (Just cause it's an 'mmo' doesn't mean you should only play 60% and assume what the other 40% is like). You must remember that not everyone (like me) had extremely high expectations for Destiny, most people who do dislike it, do so because they were expecting a free roam mass effect with Diablo 3 loot collecting and Guild Wars 2 social features. Hell, even decent reviewers like Angry Joe were heavily misinformed (he went in expecting something similar to Planetside 2). At the end of the day these reviewers opinions are their own, and overhype can factor into their opinions.

And I wasn't talking about the reviewers who wanted the game to fail, I was talking about the gaming community that hasn't even played it calling it the next Aliens Colonial Marines etc

Edited by Saltyie

I think the game is doing well for what it is, it's certainly a step in a better direction than your normal CoD based shooter.

My personal opinion at this point after playing the game extensively is a solid 8/10, if they had better matchmaking and communication features in the game as well as more focus on custom games like the halos did, then my score would have easily been higher.

Not bad Bungie

• Like 1

I've clocked 45 hours. I would give if a 7.5. This from the graphics, INCREDIBLE sound, great feel and mechanics and the smart AI in combination with insanely fun PvP. If the pve/story was better I'd give it a solid 9. Maybe even 9.5 if the story was top class. But it's not.

Luckily for me I don't any single player shit to enjoy this game.