What Have You Backed on Kickstarter?

Carville87

Title says it all What did you back, what did you get/will for your money?

Was it successful or not?

I've only started backing projects recently so:  

Ray's the dead - The game and a digital art book (Successful)

Clio Chiangs Stranger Danger Art Book - Signed copy of the book (Successful)

Night Trap ReVamped - Just the Game (Unsuccessful)

kickstarter-badge-backer-300x286.png

Both of the projects I've backed have been by Mark from Classic Game Room. 

The first one is a comic book, Lord Karnage Book 1 and I donated $100. 

53524d099d662185608aaba7b0420f52_large.j

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1156035777/lord-karnage-book-1

The second is a "Best of Classic Game Room" Blu Ray and DVD set. I donated $180 to get the awesome Laser Disc style case as well as the Intergalactic Space Arcade technical schematics, all signed by Mark. 

cfb2cd45cf9b7327e85cea04bce38c60_large.j

5d0c655df0ad3352442f104b094b11cb_large.j

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1156035777/the-best-of-classic-game-room-1999-2014-dvd-set

Neither one has been received yet, (the Best of CGR hasn't reached the end of its funding) but Mark isn't a scammer so it is just a matter of time before I have these in my hands.

Parker

Superhot

Massive Chalice

Among the Sleep

Stonehearth

Shroud of the Avatar

Torment: Tides of Numenera

OCDock (iPhone dock)

Elite Dangerous

Godus

Sui Generis

Star Citizen

Project Eternity

OUYA

Grim Dawn

Republique

Banner Saga

Shadowrun Returns

The Dead Linger

Wasteland 2

Double Fine Adventure

LunaTik Tik-Tok watch kit for iPod Nano

LunaTik Touch Pen

• Like 1

Really annoyed I missed this would of loved to back it but I'm sure they will have another game on there

If you don't mind me asking what did you get for your money

I only pledged for the game, I don't go for the paraphernalia. I've got my name into the Credits of a few games now as a Backer, including Massive Chalice, though I've never bothered to look.

In terms of the game itself - the estimated launch date for Massive Chalice is this month and they showed it off at PAX last month, but nothing has been delivered to date. I'm sure the survey and Steam key will hit my inbox soon enough.

I only pledged for the game, I don't go for the paraphernalia. I've got my name into the Credits of a few games now as a Backer, including Massive Chalice, though I've never bothered to look.

In terms of the game itself - the estimated launch date for Massive Chalice is this month and they showed it off at PAX last month, but nothing has been delivered to date. I'm sure the survey and Steam key will hit my inbox soon enough.

I've been watching most of the team streams and it looks really good I'll be backing anything double fine puts on kick started from now after I played broken age and how this looks

Omori- A surreal psychological horror RPG Maker game that kinda reminds me of Earthbound.  It met its 3DS goal but unfortunately not the Vita goal.  I hope they find a way to get it on the PSN.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori

Wow, can't believe I haven't heard of this before, looks great!

I've backed only a few:

I've backed a few things. Mostly games, but also some other stuff. Only one has ever been unsuccessful, and it was a comic an acquaintance of mine was trying to self publish. Anyway, these are the things I'm supposed to get, but only 2 projects have actually been completed so far.

Games:

Homestuck Adventure Game - The game and the soundtrack

Cryamore - Just the game

A Hat in Time - The game and soundtrack

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Just the game.

Skullgirls - Not technically a kickstarter, but something I've backed. I got Beta access and was able to vote on the new characters, even though none of the ones I wanted are being made :/

Mighty No. 9 - This is the one I'm most excited for, and one I've donated the most towards. I'm getting the game, the digital retro instruction manual, digital artbook/strategy guide, physical game box, physical retro instruction manual, Golden Beck game skin, Beta access, a t-shirt, a special in-game transformation, and the paperback artbook/strategy guide. I've already played the rough alpha demo, and it's already pretty amazing. I'm also proud of the fact that I'm Mighty No. 1060 out of more than 67,000 backers.

Comic books:

Post Apocalyptic Nick: End of the World Edition - Digital copy of the book.

Unhappy White Girls - This was unsuccessful

Movies:

Wish I Was Here - Production diaries, a T-shirt, and a backer screening.

Wraith - A comic based on the movie. Despite being successful, it's one of the projects that never saw the light of day.

Other Stuff - 

Reading Rainbow - I didn't get anything, I just wanted to donate. I loved Reading Rainbow as a kid, and I wanted kids today have it as well.

New Beginnings! Korey Coleman's new website - The guy who ran Spill.com (a movie review site) wanted to start a new site after Spill got shut down. I backed it at the lowest tier and didn't get anything. The website still hasn't shown any signs of progress though, so I'm glad I didn't pledge higher.

Edited by ExHaseo

photo-main.jpg?1397798487

Love these guys sense of humour. Read every one of their cartoons. Got the app as well as 2 plushies and 2 t-shirts. When I saw their Kickstarter project I knew I was going to back it. Went for the $100 donation as one of the rewards was an awesome Purple Shirted Eye Stabber plushy as seen in my avatar.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I recently backed

That Which Sleeps (Just the game)

The Flame in the Flood(The game,art book and the soundtrack) I can't wait for this, awesome art style and really interesting concept. Check it out if you haven't. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/molassesflood/the-flame-in-the-flood?ref=nav_search

Both were successful

Off topic: Another "toot your own horn" thread? That's refreshing. :rolleyes:

On topic: I've yet to back anything on Kickstarter. I do check the recent projects being presented for funding every now and then but, I'm being rather picky with my money. Too many times in my 35 years have I given my money to someone in good faith, only to later find out they were a complete asshole and I would have been much better off saving it for myself.

Edited by effdeegee

• 1 year later...

Nothing.

I find the whole concept of Kickstarter kind of disgusting.

If they want my investment money, then I'm due a share of profits. If they want me to pre-order an item, then they need to provide proof that if it changes description or never comes out, I get my money back.

Since Kickstarter does neither, I'll hold on to my cash.

I'm no kickstarter fan, this kind of thing has been around forever and the only difference is that we now have the internet so things are easier. With that in mind, I'm not being negative towards people who do fund this.

I funded a book of Irregular Webcomic, It's a collection of the fantasy (tabletop rpg) theme.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dmmaus/irregular-webcomic-burning-down-the-alehouse

I actually created a Kickstarter account just so I could fund this project, I love reading Darths&Droids and I wanted to help DMM. I went for the two books option, I showed it to a colleague who GMs as well and he wanted one too.

I don't know yet if I will fund anything else. I would have liked funding Yooka-Laylee if I had heard about it in time though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

• 1 month later...