To HD, or not to HD?

Dreakon139

I'm a little disappointed to see the game wasn't turned widescreen, or turned HD, or anything.

However, on the same note, if they don't have the resources to do so without rebuilding the game from the ground up (which I assume would be the only excuse not to provide the option of HD at least, and could potentially muck the game up for the traditionalists)... I can't be too upset. For nostalgic purposes... it's kind of nice to see the game in all of it's 90's, fullscreen glory and not some "new and improved" HD remake. Most people will buy this solely for nostalgic reasons anyways.

Anyways, are you satisfied with the graphical quality or would you have much preferred a proper HD release?

It doesn't matter to me at all, because I always play my games on a very standard TV. I wish I could play my games on an HDTV, but it isn't my top priority since I'm no where near close enough to afford one. Whether a game is upgraded to HD or not, it all looks the same to me.

I'm perfectly content with what they did. Most of us who actually wanted this game simply wanted an arcade perfect port that we could play at home - you have to remember, this game NEVER saw a home release.

It plays and looks just like it did in the arcades, and that's all it really needed. The same thing happened with SFIII, and Marvel vs Capcom 2, if you remember - they weren't made HD - just a few filters and a widescreen mode.

None of them really needed widescreen - SFIII has the character's get distorted [Or it doesn't fill up the entire screen], and MvC2 has full screen Hypers that show up cut-off because they were never meant to be viewed outside of a 4:3 screen.

This game honestly doesn't have anything that would benefit from widescreen - however, I would have liked seeing an "Arcade" filter like what SFIII has, that makes the screen look like an arcade monitor.

This game honestly doesn't have anything that would benefit from widescreen - however, I would have liked seeing an "Arcade" filter like what SFIII has, that makes the screen look like an arcade monitor.

Mortal Kombat Kollection has that option!

I'm satisfied with it being free. I honestly expected the game to be released for 4.99 at most. 10 bucks is far too much for it on it's own. I got about 2 hours of enjoyment out of it, which is really what i was expecting anyway. The trophies ended up being pretty easy, too. Only thing left is to beat the game with Lisa.

• 2 weeks later...