NHL 2014-2015 Season Discussion

Dreakon13

I'm a Red Wings fan, so obviously I hope they do good in the playoffs, but I can't see them getting very far unless either Howard or Mrzek starts playing better. They've each had good games and bad games, but neither one is consistent enough. It's also gonna be tough since they're missing a few players. It would be nice to see a Canadian team win though, but who knows what will happen.

Since my Kings got eliminated last night I'm going into casual fan mode. It's time to give Canada some love, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the Canadian teams win the Cup this year, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg or Calgary. I remember my girlfriend's brother saying something like it's been 20 years since any Canada based team has won a Cup so maybe this may be the year for the drought to end.

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIPEG \(^o^)/ Actually I don't give 2 shits about Hockey but everyone at work was very excited about the Kings losing and Winnipeg getting in :).

And with a loss last night, the Sabres secure last place and guarantees a top 2 draft pick.  WOO!

It's been an absolutely disgusting and bizarre year rooting for my Sabres to lose once we realized how historically bad they were, and that we were mathmatically disqualified from the playoffs halfway through the season... but guaranteeing one of two truly elite players in this upcoming draft (the only "generational" talent we've drafted on this team since Gilbert Perreault in our expansion year back in the 70s)... is too sweet a consolation prize to pass up. ;)

Bring on next year, when I can root for my team again.  When half of these aging vets that couldn't care less about the Sabres uniform are gone.  When Girgensons is healthy, Reinhart is up with the big club, Kane is healthy and McEichel suits up to start what is a long, illustrious Sabres career!

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I don't really go for one particular team. I just go for every Canadian team. (Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver ETC.) It just sucks that for the first round of the play-offs you have Montreal Vs. Ottawa and Calgary Vs. Vancouver. So there goes 2 Canadian teams....

• Like 1

Game ones tonight!! I'll be watching Ottawa vs. Montreal, cheering for the Sens as I always do. If they can beat the Canadiens, they have a real good shot at winning the cup.

My Sabres are nowhere near any of this action, but I'll be rooting on the Caps to make it deep.  A friend of mine is a huge fan, so why not. xD

Im a Montreal fan, so Im rooting for them! Go Habs Go!

Im a little worried if Montreal will be able to do it. They've lost their three latest games against them (Except for yesterday!!) and Pacioretty is injured. Im hoping he will be back soon, but just as Therrien says, its better that he comes back when he's 100%. Also, damn Subban, nice little penalty you got lol...

Everyone of my friends, and I mean everyone is rooting for Rangers. Because we're from Sweden and Lundqvist is a goalie over there. And last year Rangers won over Habs in the playoffs, so Im hoping for a Habs - Rangers Semi with a Habs win this year! 
Overall, go Canadian teams! :D

• Like 2

Mrazek really saved Detroit's ass tonight, they were outshot 46-14, but still managed to win 3-2. It's a good thing we have Datsyuk who got us 2 goals, but this series is gonna be rough if they have to win all their games like this.

You guys enjoying Myers and Stafford? :)

We're loving it. Even if Myers wasn't playing great I'd be happy just because they got rid of Bogosian. Guy is always injured and I swear he scored at least 5 goals on his own net last year.

And McDavid goes to Edmonton.  What a joke. xD

No kidding, I'm sick of the Oilers winning it every year. I feel bad for hockey fans in Buffalo and Arizona. I guess Buffalo fans can be excited for Jack Eichel though.

Edmonton is a train wreck combined with a dumpster fire. The NHL should have re-run the Lottery if Edmonton was the outcome because that's a franchise that absolutely shouldn't have another #1 pick anytime soon.  They've already had three this decade and they still haven't sniffed the playoffs since 2006 (when they made it as the 8th seed and got lucky).

On the other hand, I don't feel bad for Arizona or Buffalo or their fans.  Those two teams spent the entire season trying to lose and tanking should never be rewarded.  It's a shame that Buffalo gets Jack Eichel considering the product they put on the ice this year.