The most agressively terrible sequel ever?

DrBloodmoney

Yep the trilogy was pretty variable quality after paying Sly 4 first.  I didn't hit any bugs in my playthrough.

At least in Sly 2 you don't have to get all the collectibles.

3 was ok but suffers for similar minigame related stuff, the challenges irritated me (mostly the vault no respawn timed run... those lasers)

The trilogy again on Ps3 would be a quick set of plats, but I can't face going through these again just yet.

• Like 3

Besides all that crap you said, the final moments of Sly  2 imo are waay too agressive for a child to see and play:

Bentley (the turtle) gets parapelegic

Oh my god, is that true?!?!?

That is actually outrageous! I havent finished yet, but jesus fucking christ, that makes the voice work even less excusable, because that means that the game was NOT MADE FOR KIDS!

• Like 1

Yeah, Jak II and Sly 2 were both pretty bad. Where Jak 2's main weaknesses were generic gameplay and an absolutely insane difficulty, Sly 2's weaknesses is boring, tedious, mission-based gameplay and being extremely repetetive. I have no idea why so many people like Sly 2, but maybe back in the Ps2 days it was considered good.

I feel sorry for you playing through Sly 2.

And no, Ratchet & Clank stays consistently good throughout the franchise (with the exception of All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault). R&C 2 has a wierd difficulty spike halfway through but it's nothing compared to Jak 2's difficulty, and R&C 3's gameplay is more that of a generic third person shooter, but other than that, the series is fantastic.

Edited by Joshu-Jixxu
  • Like 1

Ratchet and clank is by far the most consistently good of these series. Although they do get a few more tweaks with each iteration, it's basically just more of the same. I even enjoyed the future games as well, although FFA is my least favorite.

I personally agree with everything you said about Sly 2. I'll most likely never put the 3rd one in my machine, and only played TiT because of ps+. I'll never spend money or time on another Sly game. Plus. I absolutely cannot stand Bentley, and Murray is almost as bad.

I personally think Jak 2 is the best in the series. I know it has some problems and major difficulty spikes but story wise and gameplay I think it's a huge step up from the first one, and one of my top 5 ps2 games.

• Like 2

Personally, I loved all 3 Jak games (1 the best), all 3 Sly games (1 the best) and all 3 Ratchet games (2 the best).

Yes, Sly 2 has its issues. If you know the game, you can cut down time because you know Sly is the fastest character, so by doing his missions first, once you complete the other missions you'll be teleported to the safehouse, or there are some missions where you start as one character and finish as another (i.e start as Bentley, end as Sly)

I've played all 3 games to completion (besides the Master Thief Sprints, because I really couldn't do those) multiple times, so I knew the fastest way. If you plan on doing these again on Vita/PS3 (depending on which you started) then you'll probably get through it a lot quicker.

Also, I liked Sly 3 better than Sly 2. It's the same format, but I enjoyed the worlds more.

As for R&C, 2 is a massive improvement upon the first game, and it is so, so enjoyable to play through. The trophies do require a bit of grinding, but it's nothing too bad :) Of the 3 series (Jak, Sly and Ratchet), Ratchet is imo the one that stayed most true to its origins.

• Like 3

STOP BITCHING 

GO PLAY COD

Personally, I loved all 3 Jak games (1 the best), all 3 Sly games (1 the best) and all 3 Ratchet games (2 the best).

Yes, Sly 2 has its issues. If you know the game, you can cut down time because you know Sly is the fastest character, so by doing his missions first, once you complete the other missions you'll be teleported to the safehouse, or there are some missions where you start as one character and finish as another (i.e start as Bentley, end as Sly)

I've played all 3 games to completion (besides the Master Thief Sprints, because I really couldn't do those) multiple times, so I knew the fastest way. If you plan on doing these again on Vita/PS3 (depending on which you started) then you'll probably get through it a lot quicker.

Also, I liked Sly 3 better than Sly 2. It's the same format, but I enjoyed the worlds more.

As for R&C, 2 is a massive improvement upon the first game, and it is so, so enjoyable to play through. The trophies do require a bit of grinding, but it's nothing too bad :) Of the 3 series (Jak, Sly and Ratchet), Ratchet is imo the one that stayed most true to its origins.

Sly 2 is really good. ive played it about 20 times now and ive found ti boring or repretative

I actually thought Sly 2 was the best, though not by much.  The Sly games are pretty average in general in my opinion.  I have to say that I found Sly 3 to be super hard to finish.  Not cause the game was challenging, but I just really lost interest early on in playing it.

(Note:  Just noticed my trophy card is Sly haha.  Guess I'm more of a fan than I thought.)

Edited by JaneAusten69