Do you "completely" complete your games?

dracothemighty

Always complete beyond plat...that's why I love plats that really ask you to do EVERYTHING that the game has to offer...I've been after the 100% on games since PS1 so seeing the plat pop is satisfying of course but if there is still things to do in the game...it just feels like the plat wasn't earned yet....oh well with the insane amount of trophy whores/fake gamers that plunge the gaming world nowadays ...I believe this is very rare.

Yeah sometimes I get the feeling that when you get the plat, you haven't done everything yet. But since I don't have all that much anymore to dedicate myself to gaming, I often move on after getting every trophy. In most cases you actually get everything just by going for the trophies alone though.

One of those cases is Star Ocean The Last Hope that makes you do like everything inside the game, but is VERY time consuming, aside from Disgaea I've never seen something like it! :blink: Gonna have to get this one someday!! :lol:

The only games I have 100% literally were Dark Souls 1, LoZ Ocarina of Time, LoZ Majoras Mask, LoZ Wind Waker (I think I missed few sidequests but I got everything including the art gallery on the Deku's island), GoldenEye 007 N64, GoldenEye 007 Wii (including multiplayer) & Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door (I think I missed like 3 badges to actually 100%...)

Good old days back when I was Nintendo 24/7 ^3^

I've always been more of a Sega and Sony fan but I actually like Nintendo 64 and GameCube. Ocarina of Time is timeless, very few games gave me the experience as this one did. Even Wind Waker wasn't as good as Ocarina of Time. I've finished Demon's Souls last month so Dark Souls may be the next in line for! :lol:  

Personally If I enjoy the RPG, I will try and beat all sub bosses but for games like Borderlands its too hard for me to of done the max level.

Grinding for levels, items and other stuff makes part of the experience and I often do that at the beginning of the game when I get a good grasp of the mechanics. I learned that from the early FF games cuz these ones were not lazy friendly! (I got pummeled real hard cuz of that back then) :lol:

Yeah sometimes I get the feeling that when you get the plat, you haven't done everything yet. But since I don't have all that much anymore to dedicate myself to gaming, I often move on after getting every trophy. In most cases you actually get everything just by going for the trophies alone though.

One of those cases is Star Ocean The Last Hope that makes you do like everything inside the game, but is VERY time consuming, aside from Disgaea I've never seen something like it! :blink: Gonna have to get this one someday!! :lol:

I've always been more of a Sega and Sony fan but I actually like Nintendo 64 and GameCube. Ocarina of Time is timeless, very few games gave me the experience as this one did. Even Wind Waker wasn't as good as Ocarina of Time. I've finished Demon's Souls last month so Dark Souls may be the next in line for! :lol:  

Grinding for levels, items and other stuff makes part of the experience and I often do that at the beginning of the game when I get a good grasp of the mechanics. I learned that from the early FF games cuz these ones were not lazy friendly! (I got pummeled real hard cuz of that back then) :lol:

Well for Borderlands I did beat every boss and side boss etc, but after 3 playthroughs I had lost interest in getting to rank 72 or whatever it is :D but I just started Dragon's Crown and I'm quite enjoying it so I'll defo go for max level etc.

Well for Borderlands I did beat every boss and side boss etc, but after 3 playthroughs I had lost interest in getting to rank 72 or whatever it is :D but I just started Dragon's Crown and I'm quite enjoying it so I'll defo go for max level etc.

I haven't played Borderlands yet but I know that it has a lot to do. Some friends of mine that played Borderlands 2 said that they couldn't find Jimmy Jenkins inside the game. This trophy is pain in the ass to get... :S

Oh man, I love Dragon's Crown artwork! :) I still have to play it as well though... It's kind of hard deciding which games I should go next cuz I have a lot of them!

Strangely enough, I guess that most people around here love RPGs or games with RPG elements!  xD And that's pretty awesome guys!!! ;)

Before the days of trophies Zelda titles were the only thing that I would completely finish and explore.

Yeah. Especially Ocarina of Time which is the best Zelda title for me. As a kid I tried to get everything on this game with no help at all!! xD

I like to complete Nintendo games they always have things to do after passing the game.

Super Mario World

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

New Super Mario Bros Wii

All have secret levels or endings.

But does Super Mario games differ much from, for example, Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter on that regard? Because all of them have secrets and collectibles to get. Never tried Pikmin but I heard that it's very challenging.

Is it safe to assume that you're a Kingdom Hearts fan? I also love this series. ^_^

I used to try to complete things back in the PSOne era, with Croc and Spyro and the like.

Games with clear cut goals and 100%, I did it less so with the PS2 and I do it even less with the PS3 now.

I like to 100% games that have a clear goal. My 100%'s so far have been Croc series, original Spyro trilogy, Professor Layton series and the Pokemon series.

None of which have trophies lol

I'm also trying to get all the badges and villager pictures in Animal Crossing: New Leaf but uh... that'll be a while.

• Like 1

I care about seeing and doing everything more than trophies. And this is how I get the majority of my trophies, by just playing how I usually do. Which is why Skyrim is my highest completed, not including Walking Dead. I bought all plots. Bought all houses(or missing one, can't remember). Did all faction stories. All main stories, including DLC, are finished. I buy all horses. One of my girls should be Thane of all Holds. I walked to all the Holds before I touched the main story. My three girls have a different quest horse each. My highest girl is not over 50, yet, nor does she have a Legendary trait, but I was working on it. Maxing my levels in other games, not sure. I don't like deleting my hard earned saves, so maybe. For me, just a trophy isn't enough to make me feel like I'm fully enjoying the game people paid to make and put effort into producing for our enjoyment if I don't see and do everything they've offered.

Usually I stopped playing as soon as I got the platinum trophy as most of the trophies are set in a way that they 'force' you to experience the whole game (for example, FF X-2 has a trophy that requires you to get 100% in the game). Other games are asking you to create every item or complete every side quest as a trophy requirement so it's hard to miss part of game if you are going for the platinum (which can be a painful experience, just look at Star Ocean B) ). 

The only game I 'completely' completed is Dragon Age, I even pay for the DLC (that's the only game I buy DLC for).

Speaking of Dragon's Dogma I quit once I got my platinum as I don't enjoy action RPG, didn't even try any part of the DA expansion bit  :lol:

assassins creed 2

sonic heroes

dmc 3 on the ps2

super mario bros on the ds

simpsons hit and run

crazy taxi

simpsons road rage

There is a lot more but I cant remember. I don't really 100% in game anymore unless its required or I have a desire to do so.

Guess that most people only complete games that they truly like, and that's alright since it wouldn't be much fun to be grinding a game that you despise...

Assassin's Creed 2 is on my list as well of truly completed games! xD And I played DMC3 a lot too back in the day (I still intend to play the HD version as well)! xD

I used to try to complete things back in the PSOne era, with Croc and Spyro and the like.

Games with clear cut goals and 100%, I did it less so with the PS2 and I do it even less with the PS3 now.

I like to 100% games that have a clear goal. My 100%'s so far have been Croc series, original Spyro trilogy, Professor Layton series and the Pokemon series.

None of which have trophies lol

I'm also trying to get all the badges and villager pictures in Animal Crossing: New Leaf but uh... that'll be a while.

Meaning that you don't go out of your way or backtrack a game for collectables and other stuff right? Platformers like Croc and Spyro do not make you grind the game as hard as a RPG, although the difficulty gets very high. Have you tried Giana Sisters for ps3?

Don't know about Professor Layton series, but the Pokemon series, from what I heard, is very time consuming and grindy...

I care about seeing and doing everything more than trophies. And this is how I get the majority of my trophies, by just playing how I usually do. Which is why Skyrim is my highest completed, not including Walking Dead. I bought all plots. Bought all houses(or missing one, can't remember). Did all faction stories. All main stories, including DLC, are finished. I buy all horses. One of my girls should be Thane of all Holds. I walked to all the Holds before I touched the main story. My three girls have a different quest horse each. My highest girl is not over 50, yet, nor does she have a Legendary trait, but I was working on it. Maxing my levels in other games, not sure. I don't like deleting my hard earned saves, so maybe. For me, just a trophy isn't enough to make me feel like I'm fully enjoying the game people paid to make and put effort into producing for our enjoyment if I don't see and do everything they've offered.

Skyrim seems to be very time consuming as well... Can you see in the game how many hours you've played it?

I have to agree with that, I do like to see every cutscene and boss in the game; especially when we're talking about RPGs. When it comes to Dragon's Dogma, I did everything in the game but didn't feel the need to cap my characters because no one gives me a challenge anymore in the game (not even in Bitterblack Isle). But as leveled up as I am in the game, not maxing my characters and armor as my friend did, is not a 100% completion for me.

Usually I stopped playing as soon as I got the platinum trophy as most of the trophies are set in a way that they 'force' you to experience the whole game (for example, FF X-2 has a trophy that requires you to get 100% in the game). Other games are asking you to create every item or complete every side quest as a trophy requirement so it's hard to miss part of game if you are going for the platinum (which can be a painful experience, just look at Star Ocean B) ). 

The only game I 'completely' completed is Dragon Age, I even pay for the DLC (that's the only game I buy DLC for).

Speaking of Dragon's Dogma I quit once I got my platinum as I don't enjoy action RPG, didn't even try any part of the DA expansion bit  :lol:

Yes indeed, Star Ocean is like the bane of all trophy hunters!! xD Still have to go for Dragon Age and Mass Effect as well!

Oh man... You gotta go for the Bitterblack Isle expansion in Dragon's Dogma cuz that's where the real fun begins!! xD

When I was younger, you would play each game till full completion or till you had to start all over again. But later on you play more and more different games, so you choose which games you'll complete and which you don't.

With Trophies there is another way to completion. If I like the game than I don't care how long the game lasts or which goals I need to obtain. I just go for it. Other games the Platinum / 100% will do.

Yeah. Especially Ocarina of Time which is the best Zelda title for me. As a kid I tried to get everything on this game with no help at all!! xD

But does Super Mario games differ much from, for example, Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter on that regard? Because all of them have secrets and collectibles to get. Never tried Pikmin but I heard that it's very challenging.

Is it safe to assume that you're a Kingdom Hearts fan? I also love this series. ^_^

Well in Mario Galaxy 2 you start New Game Plus and you new have double the stars to collect(Green Stars) some of them are place in hard to get places.

In Super World if you complete Star World you gain access to the special hard levels. Each of them has to be done without dying and each have a gimmick.

So I think those games offer more stuff to do than Crush and Jak.

Pikmin 1 is only hard because you have 30 days to beat the game. Since your new to the game it's going to be a challenge but, a fun one cause there's 3 endings(normal,true,bad).

Onces you knew where everything is and what to do its really fun to speedrun. Pikmin 2 a lot longer and there's no time limit but, it's just as challenging the first time around. Pikmin 3 I haven't played.

Yup I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan. :)

Edited by Suicide_Tortuga

lol for sure. loved ac2

Yeah me too!! ^_^ It was a great evolution compared to the original AC.

When I was younger, you would play each game till full completion or till you had to start all over again. But later on you play more and more different games, so you choose which games you'll complete and which you don't.

With Trophies there is another way to completion. If I like the game than I don't care how long the game lasts or which goals I need to obtain. I just go for it. Other games the Platinum / 100% will do.

Yeah, I guess than when we get older we don't have that much time anymore. I took about 6 months to finish Dragon's Dogma and in Dead Space 2 took about a month just to get the "Hard to the Core" trophy... (had to play it only on weekends) :(

But it felt good to get that one!!! :shakefist:

Well in Mario Galaxy 2 you start New Game Plus and you new have double the stars to collect(Green Stars) some of them are place in hard to get places.

In Super World if you complete Star World you gain access to the special hard levels. Each of them has to be done without dying and each have a gimmick.

So I think those games offer more stuff to do than Crush and Jak.

Pikmin 1 is only hard because you have 30 days to beat the game. Since your new to the game it's going to be a challenge but, a fun one cause there's 3 endings(normal,true,bad).

Onces you knew where everything is and what to do its really fun to speedrun. Pikmin 2 a lot longer and there's no time limit but, it's just as challenging the first time around. Pikmin 3 I haven't played.

Yup I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan. :)

I guess you could say that Crash and Jak is more objective on what they offer the player. Although Crash Bandicoot hasn't as much content, it's still challenging in some ways especially when you go after the 100% completion. I kinda miss Crash Bandicoot 2... :(

Hmmm... I never tried Pikmin but it sounds interesting enough. I do like challenges afterall!! xD

Haha! Thought so! xD

Yeah me too!! ^_^ It was a great evolution compared to the original AC.

Yeah, I guess than when we get older we don't have that much time anymore. I took about 6 months to finish Dragon's Dogma and in Dead Space 2 took about a month just to get the "Hard to the Core" trophy... (had to play it only on weekends) :(

But it felt good to get that one!!! :shakefist:

I guess you could say that Crash and Jak is more objective on what they offer the player. Although Crash Bandicoot hasn't as much content, it's still challenging in some ways especially when you go after the 100% completion. I kinda miss Crash Bandicoot 2... :(

Hmmm... I never tried Pikmin but it sounds interesting enough. I do like challenges afterall!! xD

Haha! Thought so! xD

Yeah you should give it a try. Underrated series and different ways to complete the objective plus a nice story. :D

Haha I wonder how you guessed:D

yeah everyone says that

Many people even say that it's the best in the franchise.

Yeah you should give it a try. Underrated series and different ways to complete the objective plus a nice story. :D

Haha I wonder how you guessed:D

If I ever get a copy of it I'll try it out for sure. It may be kinda hard to find right now... (the GC version)

Hmmm... I wonder that myself...! xD

most of the time YES!

in terms of in-game 100%, mostly platforms like the original spyro series mario 64 banjo kzooie ratchet and clank or any type of game with an open world that'll force you to explore.

in terms of trophies, mostly the ones with no stupid online trophies, until a new DLC trophies came to ruing your 100% :angry:

Edited by yellowwindow7

Imo it is. I enjoyed it the most. It didn't even have mp but it's my favourite ps3 game.

I can't really tell because I played all of them except for AC4. All of them have flaws, much like any other game but I'm inclined to say that it is my favourite too. In my opinion the online trophies for AC Brotherhood really suck. Didn't get the plat because of that! :angry:

most of the time YES!

in terms of in-game 100%, mostly platforms like the original spyro series mario 64 banjo kzooie ratchet and clank or any type of game with an open world that'll force you to explore.

in terms of trophies, mostly the ones with no stupid online trophies, until a new DLC trophies came to ruing your 100% :angry:

If the story is captivating enough for me and if I'm having a good time with it, then I will too.

I understand the feeling because I had 100% in Resident Evil 6 for a while, then they decided to include some stupid trophies for the dlcs...

• Like 1

My average for completing a game will be between 80-90%.

My average for getting the platinum will be between 95-100%.

Well i always try to do all the things possible in the game like quest, side-quests, mini-games,etc.

• Most of the J-RPG, i always try to do everything i can in the game. Spending more than 80 hours while i tried to platinum the game.
  • Fallout 3 i have like more of 90 hours of gameplay, doing all side-quests, collectibles, etc.
  • Fallout New Vegas also more of 100 hours doing a lot of different things.

I can't really tell because I played all of them except for AC4. All of them have flaws, much like any other game but I'm inclined to say that it is my favourite too. In my opinion the online trophies for AC Brotherhood really suck. Didn't get the plat because of that! :angry:

That aeotm trophy right? retarded I tell you. At least servers are still up.