Do you "completely" complete your games?

dracothemighty

No, I didn't get that trophy yet but that's the one I was referring to.  I'm playing through the game really slow as I play it with my cousin that's not always available or our schedules don't match up often.  

This game's plat is very hard to get simply because of the "Abstergo Employee of the Month" and "Role Model" trophies (Especially "Role Model"...). But aside from that the game is awesome and you should get as much as you can from this experience! ^_^

Edited by dracothemighty

This game definitely seems worth of my time and I'll probably go for everything on it. Don't know if I'll do it 100% but I'll try no less.

Bethesda games are really something! xD

It can get very glitchy and the loading times are annoying at higher levels, but I like to think it's still worth it.  You should appreciate Skyrim more after Oblivion. I know I did. xD The leveling in Oblivion is annoying. I enjoyed all the quests and stories, though.

I tend to lose interest after 100% completion Trophy wise. I think the only game I went off the Trophy beaten path was Assassin's Creed IV: Blackflag. Even then I only made it to 98% completion. Just couldn't be bothered to go back and get the last few treasure chests once I'd finished the online trophies. I'd had enough by then!

Just depends on how much you enjoy playing the game I suppose. I for one get annoyed with myself each time I find I'm playing a game more for Trophies than for fun, but then getting Trophies IS fun!

The first sentence happens to me sometimes, because I tend to lose interest when I get a platinum on a certain game but not 100% completion trophy-wise (like for example, in my case, Dante's Inferno)

But I agree with this statement, especially the last one... can't deny that getting those trophies is sure fun.  :)

• Like 1

It can get very glitchy and the loading times are annoying at higher levels, but I like to think it's still worth it.  You should appreciate Skyrim more after Oblivion. I know I did. xD The leveling in Oblivion is annoying. I enjoyed all the quests and stories, though.

Well as far as I know Skyrim is regarded as one of the best RPGs out there, it even got into the top 100 games of all time so I'm sure that it's crazy good. Also, it's visually outstanding even today. Not even The Elder Scrolls Online has the same quality as Skyrim, so yeah, it's very worthwhile.

I'm definitely going to play both games but, on the downside, Oblivion doesn't have trophy support which sucks but it won't take the fun out of the game for me! xD

It really depends for me. I've beaten one of the main stories of Fallout: New Vegas, and I've seen most of the locations in the game. However, it definitely doesn't feel like I've actually seen or played the full game. I intend to go back and replay New Vegas to see the other stories, and because I enjoyed it enough to want more. The same could be said for Destiny to a certain extent. I've beaten the game as a Warlock, but I haven't fully upgraded any subclasses. Although the story of Destiny isn't exactly the best, I do find the gameplay to be pretty entertaining, so I would like to play through the game again as both a Titan and Hunter. Playing as a Warlock and beating the story allowed me to beat the game, but I still feel as though there's so much in Destiny that I haven't experienced. Games like PAYDAY or Left 4 Dead are a little different though. I feel like I can play a few levels of those games, and after say a day or so as playing with each class, I'll feel as though I know what the game is and could go without playing anymore of it. That's not to say PAYDAY and L4D aren't good games though. I do really enjoy both games, but I just feel like you don't need to "complete the game" to really get the full experience.

It really depends for me. I've beaten one of the main stories of Fallout: New Vegas, and I've seen most of the locations in the game. However, it definitely doesn't feel like I've actually seen or played the full game. I intend to go back and replay New Vegas to see the other stories, and because I enjoyed it enough to want more. The same could be said for Destiny to a certain extent. I've beaten the game as a Warlock, but I haven't fully upgraded any subclasses. Although the story of Destiny isn't exactly the best, I do find the gameplay to be pretty entertaining, so I would like to play through the game again as both a Titan and Hunter. Playing as a Warlock and beating the story allowed me to beat the game, but I still feel as though there's so much in Destiny that I haven't experienced. Games like PAYDAY or Left 4 Dead are a little different though. I feel like I can play a few levels of those games, and after say a day or so as playing with each class, I'll feel as though I know what the game is and could go without playing anymore of it. That's not to say PAYDAY and L4D aren't good games though. I do really enjoy both games, but I just feel like you don't need to "complete the game" to really get the full experience.

I guess that the "completely" complete subject is very subjective, and what I mean by that is that not every game in this world has something to complete aside from it's main objective. For example, if you're playing a game like the original Tetris, what can you get from this game aside from getting your highest possible score? Nothing, because the game doesn't have anything more to offer; it has no story, no characters to level up, no magic, items, armor to upgrade, etc.

You can say that this subject applies more to games that are story driven like RPGs, but you can say the same for any game that has secrets to uncover, hidden FMVs or endings and stuff like that. Doesn't need necessarily to be a RPG, it can be any other type of game that has some dept into it.

I loved playing Crash Bandicoot 2 back when I was a kid and that game surely has some dept because if you complete the game without all the crystals you won't get the true ending. You could say the same about Castlevania Symphony of the Night, at first I didn't knew that you had to save Richter in order to continue the game. These 2 games have some extra stuff to complete in order to get the full experience, so yeah, you can say that they are part of the "completely" complete subject! xD

Well as far as I know Skyrim is regarded as one of the best RPGs out there, it even got into the top 100 games of all time so I'm sure that it's crazy good. Also, it's visually outstanding even today. Not even The Elder Scrolls Online has the same quality as Skyrim, so yeah, it's very worthwhile.

I'm definitely going to play both games but, on the downside, Oblivion doesn't have trophy support which sucks but it won't take the fun out of the game for me! xD

I've never had a chance to play Elder Scrolls Online nor looked at many videos of it. The people looked better, from what I've seen. The rest of it looked much the same as Skyrim, just a bit better in the graphics. Same design of objects on the tables. I was disappointed Oblivion didn't have trophies, too. I enjoyed what quests I've done, but going from Skyrim to Oblivion was difficult. They really smoothed much of the game between the two. Sleeping to level and having my Khajiit jump everywhere to get her Stance trait up and help her level was annoying.

I don't have much to add onto what's already been said, but nahh i checked my games & trophy completion & the only game i received a platinum for, (100% done), was Tell Tale's Walking Dead game >__< 

I dunno....i also think it has something to do with games that you really, really enjoy playing with friends, & have whatever game(s) those are, take priority over--say...games that have been hanging around for awhile. For me it's Uncharted 3, messing around playing co-op & working together. I have a handful of games that i barely started, yet i seem to always fall for Uc3's charm. It's not laziness here, it's preferrence IMO 

B) 

I've never had a chance to play Elder Scrolls Online nor looked at many videos of it. The people looked better, from what I've seen. The rest of it looked much the same as Skyrim, just a bit better in the graphics. Same design of objects on the tables. I was disappointed Oblivion didn't have trophies, too. I enjoyed what quests I've done, but going from Skyrim to Oblivion was difficult. They really smoothed much of the game between the two. Sleeping to level and having my Khajiit jump everywhere to get her Stance trait up and help her level was annoying.

I can't speak with certainty but from what I heard from the AngryJoe review of Elder Scrolls Online, this game is a mess. You can go to youtube and search for this review to get a better idea.

I still think that Skyrim is better in every aspect but as I said before I'm not the right person to speak about this because I haven't tried neither of these games so I may be wrong. It's just my opinion.

That's why I like to play a franchise in chronological order! xD You'll have more fun doing that because a sequel is usually better than its predecessor so many games become dull if you have already played a better game before. ;)

I don't have much to add onto what's already been said, but nahh i checked my games & trophy completion & the only game i received a platinum for, (100% done), was Tell Tale's Walking Dead game >__< 

I dunno....i also think it has something to do with games that you really, really enjoy playing with friends, & have whatever game(s) those are, take priority over--say...games that have been hanging around for awhile. For me it's Uncharted 3, messing around playing co-op & working together. I have a handful of games that i barely started, yet i seem to always fall for Uc3's charm. It's not laziness here, it's preferrence IMO 

B)

So you don't usually go for trophies or completion right? That's cool, nothing wrong with that I guess. At first I didn't care much about trophies and stuff but then I got addicted to it. Yeah, it's a matter of choice. For me, getting trophies from hard games that not many people go after makes me feel good about myself and fully completing a game that I'm really enjoying playing is another great achievement for me. Overall it's self gratificating to fully enjoy a great experience that a game can provide you. ;)

• Like 1

& If i feel compelled to complete the story, or if i HAVE TO see how a problem in a game is solved by the character(s); more than likely i'm going to want to finish that game even more than ones whose hooks arn't that strong =] but yeah, exactly, i agree, i think it is pretty gratifying to just see games through & reap the rewards from even the most challenging game. 

Oddly enough, with Uc3 having been out since 2011, & having 61%, (grade A) completion of the game, i should have got the platinum for it already lol

Nope get the platinum and move on.

Fast trophy hunting then? To be true I usually do the same nowadays but there are a few games that really hook me up and when that happens I tend to complete it.

& If i feel compelled to complete the story, or if i HAVE TO see how a problem in a game is solved by the character(s); more than likely i'm going to want to finish that game even more than ones whose hooks arn't that strong =] but yeah, exactly, i agree, i think it is pretty gratifying to just see games through & reap the rewards from even the most challenging game. 

Oddly enough, with Uc3 having been out since 2011, & having 61%, (grade A) completion of the game, i should have got the platinum for it already lol

I enjoyed my experience with Uncharted 3 but the mp was not for me. Played it only to get the plat and lucky me, I met with some dickheads in only 2 sessions I've played. Never touched it again though.

Depends on the game.  Some games I stop playing, actively, after a Platinum, and some games I still play after getting the Platinum.You're basically talking about optional in-game completion list and games that there are still additional things to do in after getting a Platinum. The title implies those type of completions in games where after getting a Plat, you're not at 100% Trophies yet, but you elaborated in your post.

Uncharted 3's mp definitely has it's share of jerks; no question there. I can attest to having met some of the worst (and also the best), friends & enemies online, speaking in terms of just solely playing this game. As with other games, I'm certain a lot of people can attest to similar experiences.

Although this game alone isn't exclusive to it's share of 'dickheads', I'm just wondering now if the amount of dickheads in certain games--ruin, (if at all), completing a game to it's fullest for anyone else. Maybe even end up finding that they ruin the amount of fun one otherwise might have had; as I think the replay-ability factor is predominant & crucial for playing a game, even after netting the platinum.

Depends on the game.  Some games I stop playing, actively, after a Platinum, and some games I still play after getting the Platinum.You're basically talking about optional in-game completion list and games that there are still additional things to do in after getting a Platinum. The title implies those type of completions in games where after getting a Plat, you're not at 100% Trophies yet, but you elaborated in your post.

Yes indeed that's what I meant! xD It's a funny aspect of gaming that most people lost interest after trophies/achievements came into play, so you can say that not many people bother with a game after they get the 100% completion on their gamertag, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you've completed your game 100% right?

I'm just trying to find a few survivors out there and lucky me, I've found quite a few already! xD

Uncharted 3's mp definitely has it's share of jerks; no question there. I can attest to having met some of the worst (and also the best), friends & enemies online, speaking in terms of just solely playing this game. As with other games, I'm certain a lot of people can attest to similar experiences.

Although this game alone isn't exclusive to it's share of 'dickheads', I'm just wondering now if the amount of dickheads in certain games--ruin, (if at all), completing a game to it's fullest for anyone else. Maybe even end up finding that they ruin the amount of fun one otherwise might have had; as I think the replay-ability factor is predominant & crucial for playing a game, even after netting the platinum.

I guess that I didn't express myself the right way back there so I apologise. You see for me things were a little more complicated than those few jerks that showed up so let me clarify it.

First of all I've played all 3 Uncharted games for ps3 one after the other so when I was about to play Uncharted 3 mp I was already tired of the franchise and wanted to move on, in essence, I was just there to get the 2 trophies you need to for the plat so I wasn't intending to stay for long.

The second thing I didn't really enjoy about it was the sheer amount of microtransactions for better weapons and other things (that I don't really remember what they were), that you probably need to buy to give yourself an edge against other players. I may be wrong about this but that's what it looked like to me and I don't like this kind of thing.

And the last thing is, at that time, I wasn't really into mp. It has changed over time because I made quite a few fantastic friends in my Bioshock 2 mp experience, it's probably the best experience in mp that I've ever had in my life and guess what, there were jerks there too and probably worse than the ones I met in Uncharted 3 mp. 

But you are right, there are always good and bad people that you meet in online mp, but that makes part of the experience as well. At least I think so! ^_^

Depends on the game. For example, if GTA V had no trophies I would still play for in game 100%. I enjoy the game enough to do that. Conversely, I only played Cars 2 because it had trophies and once I finished them I sold the game.

Well for me is different. When I buy a game I usually stick with it because I have a collection of ps3 games, but if I don't like the game then I'll try to sell it afterwards. I don't plat/finish any game that I'm not enjoying playing, I mean, why should I? There are tons of great games out there so why should I make myself play something that I don't like just to get a plat?

I can't plat Ghostbusters or F.E.A.R. 2 anymore.

Oh... I see. But there are a lot of games that the servers have shutdown recently; Borderlands, GTA IV and Gran Turismo 5 are some examples of it. I have these 3 games and I'll never achieve the plat in any of them which sucks as you said earlier. 

Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of online gaming; eventually you won't be able to fully complete your games anymore... :(

...I only have three plats, but the trophies covered most the game to get them...not to say I didn't do extra leveling on my own to get the Lillium Orb to develop faster on characters in Xillia 1, or have less fun with all the DLC costumes that I used after defeating the whole thing, while in NG+...and in Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi, you can die so easily that it took me a little while to finish that- and I took my time to get all of the sidestories you didn't need on that, as well.  Wolf Among Us was much like Hakuoki in the sense that you could go back, and redo....and I had to do that anyways for all the entries for the book...but I have yet to get all you can get out of it, considering at the end of the game my choices just went blank for some reason, and I did nothing and said nothing, either.  I guess I just don't want to go back yet because I don't want the dang thing to bug out again...

I've played a bunch of games that DON'T have trophies on them past where they should end; PC, Nintendo, and PS:

Folklore (PS3)

Dark Parables (PC game series, all of them)

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night (PC) and Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death (PC, PS3)

The Legend of the Dragoon (PS)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)

Super Mario 64 (N64)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Child of Light (which has trophies but only 100%) (PS3)

Personally, I think you deserve a trophy if you can find all the Stardusts in The Legend of the Dragoon...and I really wish they'd brought Sacra Terra one over, not two.  Angelic Night is so much prettier, in my opinion.

...I only have three plats, but the trophies covered most the game to get them...not to say I didn't do extra leveling on my own to get the Lillium Orb to develop faster on characters in Xillia 1, or have less fun with all the DLC costumes that I used after defeating the whole thing, while in NG+...and in Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi, you can die so easily that it took me a little while to finish that- and I took my time to get all of the sidestories you didn't need on that, as well.  Wolf Among Us was much like Hakuoki in the sense that you could go back, and redo....and I had to do that anyways for all the entries for the book...but I have yet to get all you can get out of it, considering at the end of the game my choices just went blank for some reason, and I did nothing and said nothing, either.  I guess I just don't want to go back yet because I don't want the dang thing to bug out again...

I've played a bunch of games that DON'T have trophies on them past where they should end; PC, Nintendo, and PS:

Folklore (PS3)

Dark Parables (PC game series, all of them)

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night (PC) and Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death (PC, PS3)

The Legend of the Dragoon (PS)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)

Super Mario 64 (N64)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Child of Light (which has trophies but only 100%) (PS3)

Personally, I think you deserve a trophy if you can find all the Stardusts in The Legend of the Dragoon...and I really wish they'd brought Sacra Terra one over, not two.  Angelic Night is so much prettier, in my opinion.

I don't know about Sacra Terra, I've seen it on psn but I don't know what it's all about. I was interested in Hakuoki a while ago but haven't got the change to buy it yet. The Tales of series have been one of my favourite for many years but unfortunately not many of them came out in Europe which sucks because I had to import my copy of Tales of the Abyss for ps2, which is an absolute must have on any collection and my all time favourite! ^_^

Pretty nice choice of games you have there as your completion list! Guess RPGs are really kicking ass in this thread! xD