Do you "completely" complete your games?

dracothemighty

I don't know about Sacra Terra, I've seen it on psn but I don't know what it's all about. I was interested in Hakuoki a while ago but haven't got the change to buy it yet. The Tales of series have been one of my favourite for many years but unfortunately not many of them came out in Europe which sucks because I had to import my copy of Tales of the Abyss for ps2, which is an absolute must have on any collection and my all time favourite! ^_^

Pretty nice choice of games you have there as your completion list! Guess RPGs are really kicking ass in this thread! xD

Sacra Terra is actually a hidden object game- I like the plot in the first game a heck of a lot better than the second, though.  In the first you battle against the seven deadly sins, in the second you second your lover is an idiot and you have to save him after he summons a succubus that takes him away, lol

Hakuoki is one of the games that I have DLC stuff in (and my avatar is from it :)), aside from Child of Light (the Golem sidequest) and Tales of Xillia's DLC outfits- which come complete with music, for some xD

And yeah, it looks like RPG's are making their names known here :)

Edited by mnlghtmaiden

Sacra Terra is actually a hidden object game- I like the plot in the first game a heck of a lot better than the second, though.  In the first you battle against the seven deadly sins, in the second you second your lover is an idiot and you have to save him after he summons a succubus that takes him away, lol

Hakuoki is one of the games that I have DLC stuff in (and my avatar is from it :)), aside from Child of Light (the Golem sidequest) and Tales of Xillia's DLC outfits- which come complete with music, for some xD

And yeah, it looks like RPG's are making their names known here :)

If I have the chance I'll probably try Sacra Terra for ps3 (since I'm not a PC gamer). Child of Light is an old style RPG and it will of course be in my collection in physical format cuz RPGs are just too awesome to be bought as digital downloads... (although I have a few already... <_<).

It's actually a surprise for me because not many people in my country bother with RPGs. But I've seen that on the internet this genre is well respected and many players are really hardcore, way more than I am, which is really awesome! ^_^

• 1 month later...

If I can get the platinum without getting 100% then no, if a game has a requirement to achieve 100% to obtain it's plat then yes, do I love mp trophies? no, I hate them and any game that's got them I won't bother platting it unless they are dead easy like the uncharted ones where you had to play a match and bam! unlocked, no grinding like the last of us (build your clan to 40 people sigh gave up on that shit).

Hmm, sometimes I do. I do plat games, but after that, I stop playing the games I platted. Games I actually "completely" completed are: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, The Last of Us, Sly, Sly 3, Jak & Daxter: The Precursor's Legacy, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Hitman: Blood Money,Resident Evil 4 aaaaand that's about it! Before I got into the trophy feature that the PS3 offered, I would try to completely complete all my games, but I guess now I'm fully satisfied with a game once I obtain its platinum. But if I really like a game, I do try to do and complete everything that the game offers, even if I did already get its platinum. But that's rare for me to do nowadays.

I second this. I have more pleasure superficially looking a trophy guide and finding collectibles myself than 100% a game. Specially when there are no missable trophies and I can just enjoy the story on the first playthrough and just speedrun the second with chapter select.

I do depending on how much I enjoy it. Not to mention a lot of my games, it is mandatory when going for plat.

Normally, if I only get moderate enjoyment however, I will stop after getting the plat, because that is normally my only reason to keep playing it.

Yup, many games actually makes you complete everything it has to offer, trophy related of course. I've been thinking about this lately and I feel that in many cases it's hard to find the patience or time to really complete a game, knowing that you have plenty of other games still untouched in your shelf. More so when you're talking about a game that takes 200 to 500 hours to get the plat.

If I can get the platinum without getting 100% then no, if a game has a requirement to achieve 100% to obtain it's plat then yes, do I love mp trophies? no, I hate them and any game that's got them I won't bother platting it unless they are dead easy like the uncharted ones where you had to play a match and bam! unlocked, no grinding like the last of us (build your clan to 40 people sigh gave up on that shit).

Same here... MP trophies suck real hard when you have to grind it for almost the same time you spent with the campaign. Most of them get old really fast when you're doing the same thing over and over. 

Depends if I really enjoy the game or not, some games yes, while other games not as much. For the ones I do enjoy fully, I will usually try to go for the platinum for those games. B)

As soon as I start playing a game I often stop playing it when it either is at 100% or as close as I possibly can from it (since some games can't be plated/100% anymore because of the online server being already down, which is a shame really...) -_-

I second this. I have more pleasure superficially looking a trophy guide and finding collectibles myself than 100% a game. Specially when there are no missable trophies and I can just enjoy the story on the first playthrough and just speedrun the second with chapter select.

Olá jovem, tudo bem? Sou de Portugal! xD

Eu também uso guias para o jogo que estiver a jogar mas na maioria dos casos é so as dicas que tem no ps3trophies.com, só mesmo quando jogo um RPG é que costumo ir ao gamefaqs ou assim para ler um guia mais completo porque em muitos casos, tal como disseste, existe colecionáveis que podem ser impossíveis de obter depois de determinado ponto na história. Para pessoas como nós que anda à caça de troféus é difícil encontrar um jogo que nos deixa curtir a história sem ter a preocupação de deixar alguma coisa para trás, por isso é que eu gosto de usar guias, para ter a certeza de que não faço asneiras! xD

• Like 2

Olá jovem, tudo bem? Sou de Portugal! xD

Eu também uso guias para o jogo que estiver a jogar mas na maioria dos casos é so as dicas que tem no ps3trophies.com, só mesmo quando jogo um RPG é que costumo ir ao gamefaqs ou assim para ler um guia mais completo porque em muitos casos, tal como disseste, existe colecionáveis que podem ser impossíveis de obter depois de determinado ponto na história. Para pessoas como nós que anda à caça de troféus é difícil encontrar um jogo que nos deixa curtir a história sem ter a preocupação de deixar alguma coisa para trás, por isso é que eu gosto de usar guias, para ter a certeza de que não faço asneiras! xD

Acabas de ser o terceiro português caçador de troféus que eu conheço no site, sendo que o primeiro deles foi Fruey e o segundo Beohram. Se quiseres ter mais conterrâneos caçadores de troféus, te recomendo adicionar ambos a tua PSN, são caras gente finíssimas!

Infelizmente tenho que concordar com você na parte que pus em negrito. É terrível que eu acabe me encontrando entre duas opções:

• Jogar o jogo com um guia a tiracolo e sofrer com alguns spoilers, dependendo da qualidade do guia OU;
  • Jogar uma vez e curtir, mas ser obrigado a jogar tudo novamente e ficar entediado jogando a mesma história novamente sem poder pular cutscenes ou acelerar o combate entre um colecionável e outro.

Gostaria que houvessem menos jogos com colecionáveis e mais jogos com troféus de combate, assim seria mais divertido completar os jogos. Existem algumas exceções pra essa lista, por exemplo jogos que te obrigam a jogar duas vezes (TLoU, Fuse) e aí podes fazer os colecionáveis na jogada subsequente e isso não estraga o jogo tanto.

Acabas de ser o terceiro português caçador de troféus que eu conheço no site, sendo que o primeiro deles foi Fruey e o segundo Beohram. Se quiseres ter mais conterrâneos caçadores de troféus, te recomendo adicionar ambos a tua PSN, são caras gente finíssimas!

Infelizmente tenho que concordar com você na parte que pus em negrito. É terrível que eu acabe me encontrando entre duas opções:

• Jogar o jogo com um guia a tiracolo e sofrer com alguns spoilers, dependendo da qualidade do guia OU;
  • Jogar uma vez e curtir, mas ser obrigado a jogar tudo novamente e ficar entediado jogando a mesma história novamente sem poder pular cutscenes ou acelerar o combate entre um colecionável e outro.

Gostaria que houvessem menos jogos com colecionáveis e mais jogos com troféus de combate, assim seria mais divertido completar os jogos. Existem algumas exceções pra essa lista, por exemplo jogos que te obrigam a jogar duas vezes (TLoU, Fuse) e aí podes fazer os colecionáveis na jogada subsequente e isso não estraga o jogo tanto.

Fico contente por conhecer mais uma pessoa que partilha a mesma língua que eu, não é muito comum infelizmente... Se tiver oportunidade de conhecer os usuários dos quais falou vou sem dúvida adicioná-los na psn! :D

Normalmente quando se procura um guia ou informação à cerca dos colecionáveis de um jogo, troféus ou outra coisa qualquer que seja é quase certo que se encontre spoilers pelo meio, não há como fugir disso... No meu caso visto que não tenho muito tempo para dedicar aos meus jogos (por causa do trabalho), sou obrigado a estudar os troféus de cada jogo quando começo a jogar ou ainda antes sequer de o começar, precisamente para saber o que é que vou encontrar.

Eu não costumo nem gosto de deixar um jogo pelo meio por isso sempre que começo um jogo normalmente só o deixo de jogar quando tenho os 100% ou então (como foi no caso do Borderlands), quando já não existe mais nenhum troféu que eu consiga fazer por causa dos servidores terem fechado. Já tive que fazer 3 ou 4 playthroughs em alguns jogos, um deles foi o Dead Space 2 mas como só jogo praticamente ao fim-de-semana não me chegou a frustrar estar sempre a jogar o mesmo jogo até porque eu gosto de um bom desafio. Aumentando a dificuldade ao jogo normalmente as coisas ficam bastante melhores, pelo menos para mim! xD

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...